Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Ex-Canadian General, Rick Hellier, who has now been seconded by Canadian government to fulfill a 'Strategic Advisory Council' role, is interviewed here (originally on CBC and here at Ukrainian World Congress). Rick was not well liked by many of his solders, when he was in service. A bit of a tyrant:

TRANSCRIPT:​

Anna, CBC: Some of the world’s foremost military commanders are joining forces to help Ukraine defend its territory. The non-profit Ukrainian World Congress is putting together a Strategic Advisory Council, as we approach the five months mark of Russia’s war in Ukraine. Retired Canadian General Rick Hillier is leading that effort and joins me live from Campbellton, Newfoundland. I knew you’d keep busy with the Strategic Advisory Council, and you are running it. What’s your plan?
Hillier: Our plan is to help Ukraine, help Ukraine, you know, a democratic nation defend itself against a brutal dictator who’s invading it and destroying its country and killing its people. And so we want to help in our unique way by putting our shoulder behind the Ukrainian World Congress and helping people realize that they should advocate for support Ukraine and donate for support Ukraine. And so that’s what we want to do – help Ukraine.
Anna, CBC: And help – that can take many forms. What’s on your list when it comes to that to-do help list?
Hillier: Well, very practical, because we’re soldiers, after all, all of us who are part of the council. Dave Petraeus, General Wesley Clark, General Dick Lodewijk Berlijn from the Netherlands, and myself. And what we want to do is equip the defenders of Ukraine, specifically, the 100,000 Territorial Defense Force members. As a very recent organization, they are the moms and dads of Ukraine who have joined up to defend their families, defend their villages. They’ve gotten very little training and are absolutely poorly equipped. And we want to help change that by raising money and purchasing and getting to them the equipment they need to protect themselves.
So very simply, a helmet to protect their head, their noggin from shrapnel and shock, ballistic goggles to protect their eyes from the shrapnel of rocks and dust and explosions, flak vests with the plates, knee pads, boots, and medical kits, like, which they can use to save their life or the lives of their battle buddies. And we’re looking at 100,000. You know, $2,500 a soldier so we’re looking at raising a lot of money to outfit those Territorial Defense Force men and women and maybe give them an increased probability, when they go into action, to defend their families against those russians who are so brutal and so vicious, that maybe they’ll have a chance now of surviving that fight, you know, the flak vests with steel plates as much better than a shirt at defeating a 7.62 round fired up?
Anna, CBC: Yeah, but my question would be this, you can have all the protective equipment you want. If I have steel-toed boots, but I don’t know how to use the jackhammer, I’m still gonna get hurt. You know what I mean? So is the equipment the important thing, or is the training to use lethal weapons to protect what’s important?
Hillier: So Anna, no one of these things will stand alone. And you know, I said earlier this morning,at an event we were talking about, if you combine the courage and the willingness to serve and sacrifice of the Ukrainian soldiers and the men and women in Ukraine, which I saw firsthand myself, because recently, and if you combine that with the equipment’s that the Western governments are providing them – not fast enough – but providing them and you combine that with training, which countries like Canada can do superbly. And then private donations to equip individuals like the Territorial Defense Force, then you’ve got a winning equation to defend the country and defeat the russian invaders. You can’t do it with just one of those silos or two. You have to have all four of them together.
Anna, CBC: You know, I’m an optimistic kind of gal. I’m a glass-half-full person. And while you can have all the optimism in your heart, sometimes, and I’ve spoken with other, you know, military leaders like yourself, who say this is going to be a protracted war. So in your heart, is there a chance? And could it be soon?
Hillier: Well, look, I’m an optimist also, Sue. So I’m, after all, I’m a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and I have been all my life. You have to be an optimist to be a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. :umm:
Anna: You’re absolutely right.
Hillier: You know, I observe firsthand, I’ll say again, the courage and the willingness to serve and sacrifice up the Ukrainian men and women defending their country. The West are getting the equipment to them. And I commend, I mentioned specifically the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Poland and Estonia. I mean, they have been incredible. And I would challenge every other NATO country to be able to stand up and deliver the kind of material that they have. But if you can’t deliver material, then deliver the training that goes, that’s required to bring all that together into fighting formations. And there’s a place where Canada could stand out because we’ve done it in the past and is desperately needed now. We can do it. So if you get those things to come together, and they can come together in part now, then I’m an optimist that Ukraine can win this fight. And eventually, over the longer term, yes, it will be a protracted struggle, over the longer term to eject the russians from eastern Ukraine and from Ukraine, from their homeland.:whistle:
Anna, CBC: Yeah, I’ve heard soldiers say failure is not an option. And I can hear that in your voice. Let me ask you this. The four of you, are you working well together. Are you on the same page? And you have, you know, you get four military, you know, leaders together in a room, sometimes there can be some clashing of ideas or you’re working well?
Hillier: You know, superbly. First of all, we’re all battle buddies. Here, you know, and I know David Petraeus from Bosnia, way back when and all. Wes Clarke, of course, from European time and Dick Berlijn was the chief of defense staff in the Netherlands when we were, when I was chief of defense staff. We all work well together. We will have our own opinions. And we’ll come together and discuss those and bring forward the best concerted advice to the Ukrainian World Congress on how they can work best to support Ukraine. And then we will also want to work with the commanders in Ukraine to help them tell us what are their number one needs, and how we can help those needs in terms of priority and how they can go about themselves. We’ll also want to advocate on behalf of Ukraine with Western governments and convince people to go to Unite with Ukraine and donate to help support that non-lethal equipment that we want to buy.
Anna, CBC: I’ll be watching with great interest. I certainly wish you great success and a pleasure as always. you take care, OK, General.
Hillier: Thank you, Sueanna. So I know we’re gonna be successful. It might take a while, but we’re going to be successful.
Anna, CBC: Again, the optimist. Retired General Rick Hillier. He is in Campbellton, Newfoundland.

I've just been watching sky news here in the UK and they've been talking about 16 ships full of grain ready to leave and that now measures are in place that the grain carriers can leave safely.
Of course the presenter highlighted the danger from Russia after the recent missile attack in Odessa.
Is this not just the perfect opportunity for a false flag to then blame Russia. It just seems so obvious what's been planned.
Im sure Russia will be prepared and probably won't care. Most here in the west are sold on the evil Russian BS! Anyway thought I'd mention mention it apologies if it's been brought up already.

630_360_1658856130-139.jpg

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky received the Winston Churchill Leadership Award from the International Churchill Society.
🤮

Last Saturday, there was:
Today, July 23, there was: + four planes, + five helicopters, and + 17 multi rocket launchers and a number of armoured combat vehicles and other automotive equipment. There seem to be fewer planes, but there may be less of them now.
1658608635669.png

The main battle activity has been in the center of the front.
Yesterday, Saturday, July 30, there was this situation since last week: + one plane and + one helicopter, + 44 unmanned vehicles, + three anti-aircraft missile systems, + 44 armoured combat vehicles, + 9 multiple rocket launchers, + 32 field artillery and mortars, and + 120 automotive equipment.
1659254539248.png
It is hard to say how it will be in the end. At the moment, apart from loosing equipment, the number of Ukrainian aligned soldiers being hurt in a way that makes them unable to continue immediately is more than insignificant. The decreasing lack of equipment losses, may well reflect that there is less and less to lose near the front. Alternatively, as part of preparations to withdraw, Ukraine might move equipment to new positions. It is possible that a western source would interpret the decreasing numbers of Ukraine equipment losses as Ukraine winning, but realistic?

Maps
As for the last few weeks, there is little movement.
oday July 23:
Screenshot 2022-07-23 225148.jpg

The front looks similar, though the equipment appears to be knocked out more to the west.
In the report from yesterday, July 30, there was in the TG report at 2:03:
Screenshot 2022-07-31 101849.jpg
If you look at the rose rectangles in the image, there are a few Russian words and abbreviations, but what do they mean? The next exercise was not always easy, but if you ever need to try, the examples might give and idea how to get started.

Translating Russian military terms to English
First, I opened a machine translator, in this case, Yandex Translate – dictionary and online translation between English and over 90 other languages. I chose Russian as the original language, typed the words up with the Russian browser keyboard, and used the typed word to look up meanings on the internet, if what was in the English translation was not meaningful. Sometimes an acronym has several meanings. In the case of "обр" and "мбр" an article solved my doubts.

In "обр" and "мбр". бр is short for "Бригада" or brigade, while the "о" is short "отдельной" meaning "special, separate" and the "м" is short for "механизированной" "mechanized". If however мбр is spelled with capital letters, as in "МБР" then in military and political discourse, it can mean, "морская баллистическая ракета" (sea ballistic missile) or "межконтинентальная баллистическая ракета" (intercontinental ballistic missile) also sometimes abbreviated as "МКБР".
Вечером в четверг, 28 июля, в результате прямого попадания был уничтожен элитный штурмовой батальон 1-й отдельной бригады президента Украины."
[...]
"В пятницу, 29 июля, высокоточным оружием воздушного базирования поражён пункт временной дислокации дивизиона РСЗО 110-й механизированной бригады ВСУ."
[...]
"Кроме того, в районе Артемовска высокоточным оружием ВКС России нанесён удар по пункту временной дислокации 14-й механизированной бригады ВСУ."
Link. Next, there are a few more words:
"Уничтожен" is destroyed.
"ранено" is wounded
ед. is short for unit. (It looks like "ed" in the font chosen).
"в/сл" is short for "Военнослужащие" which has the meaning of military employees, military servicemen
"склад с б/п" is short for "склад с боеприпасами" which means ammunition depot
ВВСТ is short for "вооружения, военная и специальная техника" in direct translation: "armaments, military and special equipment"
бпЛА is short for "Беспилотный летательный аппарат" in English it is UAV or "unmanned aerial vehicle".
РЛС is short for "Радиолокацио́нная ста́нция". The Wiki translates it as radar. In the image, it refers to AN/TPQ-36A and AN/TPQ-37, which both are mobile radar systems, designed to detect firing positions.
The M777 is a British howitzer with a firing range of 21-40 km. The Wiki informs:
In April 2022, during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine in the Russo-Ukraine War, the United States provided 108, Canada 4, and Australia 6 M777 howitzers with ammunition to the Ukrainian armed forces, to repel Russia.[46][71][38][72][73]
While on the topic of howitzers, Germany is as reported sending some of their own Panzerhaubitze 2000
Ukraine: During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, an announcement was made on 20 April that five Dutch PzH 2000s would be transferred to Ukraine, with ammunition and training to be provided by Germany.[26] On 6 May, it was announced that Ukraine would receive seven units from German Army stocks which were undergoing maintenance.[27] On 7 May, Chancellor Olaf Scholz agreed to supply the ammunition required, straight from industry to Ukrainian forces, without having to go through the German government for approval in the future.[28] Training of Ukrainian artillery crews started on 11 May 2022 at the Bundeswehr's artillery school in Idar-Oberstein.[29] On 21 June, Ukrainian Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov announced that the first PzH 2000s had entered Ukrainian service.[30] Der Spiegel reported on 27 July that Germany had agreed to sell 100 more PzH 2000s to Ukraine.[31]
It has a firing range of 30-67 km.

That map looks like this:
1659265161132.png
Romania's projected border looks odd, but perhaps Moldova is expected to join Romania in the above model. It can also reflect that a direct border between Russia and Poland is not on the table.

A different map, anti-personal mines dropped over Donetsk
The Russian news site https://readovka.news has under Освобожденные территории articles related to the conflict. A map of the situation as of July 30 looks like:

4180fc4be3.jpg

One notices that there is firing going on all along the front. The yellow flares are Ukraine firing, white is Russia.
A translation of an excerpt from the article with the map reveals:
Current data for the past day
On the evening of July 30, the Armed Forces of Ukraine were again mined the center of Donetsk with anti-personnel mines-petals. Despite the work of air defense, mines fell to the ground from downed Ukrainian missiles, many of them did not explode, so moving along the streets of Donetsk is now deadly, both for drivers and pedestrians. Traffic in the city center is blocked - the roads are working Ministry of Emergency Situations and sappers.

The situation on the fronts for the past day:
In the Kharkiv direction, there are unconfirmed reports of the advance of the RF Armed Forces near Borshcheva. The troops of the Russian Federation are trying to take up strong positions in Liptsovo, Pitomnik, Uda, Tsupovka, Upper Saltov, Lower Passages.

In the Slavic direction, fighting is underway on the outskirts of Soledar, Belogorovka, Yakovlevka and Bakhmut.

On the Artyomovsky (Bakhmutovsky) direction, fighting is underway in the Veselaia Dolina area. You can also expect the start of imminent battles for Kodema.

In the Donetsk direction, the fighting is going on in the village of Peski. In Maryinka, there is progress in the village development. Heavy fighting is also taking place on the outskirts of Krasnogorovka. To the north of Avdiivka, Russian troops crossed the railway line and took fire control of the main highway.

In the southern direction in the Zaporozhye and Nikolaev regions, the situation remained unchanged. The Armed Forces of Ukraine are gradually strengthening the group in anticipation of the Russian offensive.

On our border from Ukraine this morning was made artillery shelling of the village of Lomakovka. There were no casualties. The Ukrainian side also fired Tetkino village, Glushkovsky district. According to preliminary data, no victims.
Thousands of anti-personal mines were dropped over Donetsk
1659273283615.png
From this TG post if translated:
Russian sappers and rescuers of the DPR have been clearing mines in the central part of Donetsk for the 15th hour after the Ukrainian army remotely threw banned Petal anti-personnel mines there. Thousands of deadly objects lie just on the central streets of the city

Sergey Makarenko (Makarenko 🅉 Donetsk ) especially for Nightingales Live from Donetsk
Following the TG link led to the channel of Vladimir Solovyov.

For more, see Ukraine launches banned anti-personnel petal mines in Donetsk The reporter says, citizens near the front in Donetsk on UA side, have been asked to evacuate by UA Government, as they say they can not guarantee heating etc. in the Winter.

I'll post this here for now rather than starting a new thread since it's not really a 'thing' yet.

Seems there's some 'tension' going down in Kosovo in the form of a renewed push by the Kosovo muzzie leadership towards possibly expelling the 80k Serbs living there (total pop. of Kosovo is circa 2 million, most of whom are Albanian muslims). Bone of contention is new 'rules' on renewing personal documents and vehicle license plates that apply only to Kosovar Serbs, starting from tomorrow (Aug 1st). New rule is that Serbs living in Kosovo (mainly northern part bordering Serbia) will no longer be allowed to enter Kosovo with docs and license plates issued in Serbia, must be in Kosovo.

Coincidentally (:lol:) 4 days ago, the Kosovar Pres. and delegation popped up at the US State Dept. where they had a 'love in'.

Where' Brzezinski and his "a few stirred up Muslims"?

Last edited:
If you look at the rose rectangles in the image, there are a few Russian words and abbreviations, but what do they mean? The next exercise was not always easy, but if you ever need to try, the examples might give and idea how to get started.
This guy has a Patreon channel for "secret"-info, but maintains an almost daily military intelligence video updates series as well. Taking tactical info from multiple sources - Ukrainian and Russian and Telegram - he lays out, how the combat progresses. He also has an excel table on G-gle detailing exactly what Ukrainian troops lost how much and where they are now, what changes affected them.

The daily progress is slow, but promising. There will be major geopolitical events, after Donbas full liberation, I think. The first igniter / necessary component for these events to start - I think - was the liberation of Azovstal. The second and last component is fixing Donbass.

More on this later - as military results manifest - and we'll most likely have new sessions as well, as both processes go in sync / hand in hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom