Pyramid light beams

M

MikaelYosef

This shouldn't come as a big surprise to most here, and I used the search function and couldn't find any previous references to this. The link below shows a brief story behind a picture captured by a tourist in Mexico of a light beam emanating from the top of a Mayan pyramid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUggWuZZi24

Apparently it's not confined to one location either. Something similar has apparently been detected in Bosnia also:

http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/2012/01/26/mysterious-energy-beam-above-the-bosnian-pyramid-of-the-sun/

The questions for me are - are these examples of old technology (advanced, but old relative to the present) still kicking along, much like a car out of tune which sputters even after the engine has been turned off? Or is it an example of old technology being re-activated remotely in some way? Or is it an example of old technology doing what it's always done, and just it's now being noticed?

I have my own theory but would like to hear other opinions first.

MikeJoseph82 said:
The questions for me are - are these examples of old technology (advanced, but old relative to the present) still kicking along, much like a car out of tune which sputters even after the engine has been turned off? Or is it an example of old technology being re-activated remotely in some way? Or is it an example of old technology doing what it's always done, and just it's now being noticed?

It could be very well be a mixture of all of the above, but it's also probable that a lot of disinformation is mixed in to those reports, including 'photoshopping'.

MikeJoseph82 said:
I have my own theory but would like to hear other opinions first.

What's your theory?

I saw the series of pictures of the Mexican pyramid light and think it might be a hoax, in that the photographer took a pic of his daughters and, as they were purportedly presented in order, one of the pics had the light but another did not, and it looked like the exact same photograph of his daughters, perhaps seconds apart. If the light was "for real", it was instantaneous. The one of the Bosnia pyramid was a video, and I couldn't tell if it was fake or real. My understanding is that the pyramids are not "open" at the top, they are platforms.

Along this same line is the guy who believes the Great Pyramid was a "fueling station" for UFOs. From the Chinese there is a story about aliens who came to China and enslaved them, forcing them to build the Chinese pyramids, and fueling their spaceships from atop the pyramids (also flat-topped). According to Chinese lore, they were finally "saved" when red-haired giants fought off the aliens. Finally, we have the story from the Russian taiga where the natives report pod- or bullet-shaped objects coming from under the ground and firing something akin to light beams into the sky, perhaps to destroy an incoming asteroid or UFO. I don't remember the provenance of each of them, but the stories are searchable on youtube.

I have no theories, but I'd like to know of any, too. Lots of food for thought out there!

It's a scientific fact that light can emanate from the top of a large pyramidal structure...

See?

Luxor-2.jpeg

Jokes aside, the one in the Mexico from the link you posted appears fake to me. It looks "too perfect", and someone pointed out that the sides of the beam are "perfectly vertical" to the pixel. I drew lines on the image in photoshop and it sure appears that way. What are the chances that someone would happen to have the frame of their photo perfectly aligned with the light beam?

Found at abundanthope.net: A composite of the pictures and videos I mentioned, including the article on the Chinese pyramid and the power-plant theory. (Abundant Hope people follow the Urantia Book and the Federation people, so I guess this thread may get a toss to the Baked Noodles section.)

Hi Data, Ask_a_debtor and Slow Motion Mary,

Data said:
It could be very well be a mixture of all of the above, but it's also probable that a lot of disinformation is mixed in to those reports, including 'photoshopping'.

What's your theory?

I agree and wouldn't take the stories at face value. But it triggered a couple of sideline thoughts:
  • This could be a physical manifestation and indication of the approaching wave. Similar to when you put your ears down on a train track to hear for a distant approaching train.
  • In the context of our world today and the prevalence of pyramids independent of each other worldwide, the ones behind their inspiration may have influenced (overtly or covertly) their construction for future purposes. E.g. navigation or communication references?
Ask_a_debtor said:
Jokes aside, the one in the Mexico from the link you posted appears fake to me. It looks "too perfect", and someone pointed out that the sides of the beam are "perfectly vertical" to the pixel. I drew lines on the image in photoshop and it sure appears that way. What are the chances that someone would happen to have the frame of their photo perfectly aligned with the light beam?
Slow Motion Mary said:
If the light was "for real", it was instantaneous.

The photos could very well be fake. The light might have been instantaneous - but who says it has to be continuous? It might be pulsing for milliseconds at a time, at long intervals? I'm pro-skeptical, but there is still a difference between improbable and impossible.

On stuff like this, I try really hard to neither believe nor disbelieve. Assuming they're not hoaxes, another thing I thought of is: These beams purportedly ocurred during the recent "earth noises", and if volcanos help to relieve the pressure building up in the earth, could these beams (since they shot up from the platform) help to relieve some other type of pressure? These incidents are bothering me, and I don't know why. :shock:

Mayan Pyramid Light Beam Photo

mayan-light-beam.png

When Hector Siliezar visited the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza with his wife and kids in 2009, he snapped three iPhone photos of El Castillo, a pyramid that once served as a sacred temple to the Mayan god Kukulkan. A thunderstorm was brewing near the temple, and Siliezar was trying to capture lightning crackling dramatically over the ruins.

In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background.

Siliezar, who recently shared his photographs with occult investigators, told Earthfiles.com that he and his family didn't see the light beam in person; it appeared only on camera. "It was amazing!" he said. He showed the iPhone photo to his fellow tourists. "No one, not even the tour guide, had ever seen anything like it before." [See photo]

The photo has surfaced on several Mayan doomsday discussion forums. But was the light beam a sign from the gods — a warning about Dec. 21, 2012, the date that marks the end of the Mayan calendar cycle, and when some people fear the world will end? Or is it simply the result of an iPhone glitch?

According to Jonathon Hill, a research technician and mission planner at the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State University, which operates many of the cameras used during NASA's Mars missions, it is almost definitely the latter. Hill works with images of the Martian surface taken by rovers and satellites, as well as data from Earth-orbiting NASA instruments, and is fully versed in the wide range of potential image artifacts and equipment errors.

He says the "light beam" in the Mayan temple photo is a classic case of such an artifact — a distortion in an image that arises from the way cameras bounce around incoming light.

It is no mere coincidence, Hill said, that "of the three images, the 'light beam' only occurs in the image with a lightning bolt in the background. The intensity of the lightning flash likely caused the camera's CCD sensor to behave in an unusual way, either causing an entire column of pixels to offset their values or causing an internal reflection [off the] camera lens that was recorded by the sensor." In either case, extra brightness would have been added to the pixels in that column in addition to the light hitting them directly from the scene. [7 Things that Cause UFO Sightings]

Evidence in favor of this explanation is the fact that the beam, when isolated in Photoshop or other image analysis software, runs perfectly vertical in the image. "That's a little suspicious since it's very unlikely that the gentleman who took this picture would have his handheld iPhone camera positioned exactly parallel to the 'light beam' down to the pixel level," Hill told Life's Little Mysteries.

It's more likely that the "light beam" corresponds to a set of columns of pixels in the camera sensor that are electronically connected to each other, but not to other columns in the sensor, and that this set of connected pixels became oversaturated in the manner described above.

"That being said," Hill said, "it really is an awesome image!"

_http://www.livescience.com/18692-mayan-light-beam-photo.html
_http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,818679,00.html (German)

Re: Mayan Pyramid Light Beam Photo

There is a thread for this already: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26725.0.html

The search function is your friend ;)

Back
Top Bottom