Question about Enneagram and Shocks

Vladimir

Padawan Learner
Hi All,

During my research of various literature written about topic of Enneagram, Ray of Creation, Law of Three and Seven something
is bordering me and I want to hear your opinion.

It is known that Enneagram has two shocks (passive and active) plus third, 3-6-9, between; Mi - Fa, Sol - La, and Si - Do as start of new octave.

Mouravieff in Gnosis constantly is describing octave as octave with two shocks - between Si - Do and Mi - Ra.
My question is: Why does he not mentioning one more shock? Because it is passive shock or there is another reason?
E.g. on the p. 216 Gnosis - Book I - where diagram of the Way is. There should be (and I believe it is and for me was) passive shock
between La - Sol, but he is not saying anything about this passive shock.

Regards,

Edit - because of my grammar mistakes.

In a major scale, there is a half step between Mi - Fa, and Si - Do. The rest are whole steps. I think this has something to do with the placements of the shocks.

Vladimir said:
It is known that Enneagram has two shocks (passive and active) plus third, 3-6-9, between; Mi - Fa, Sol - La, and Si - Do as start of new octave.

Mouravieff in Gnosis constantly is describing octave as octave with two shocks - between Si - Do and Mi - Ra.
My question is: Why does he not mentioning one more shock? Because it is passive shock or there is another reason?
E.g. on the p. 216 Gnosis - Book I - where diagram of the Way is. There should be (and I believe it is and for me was) passive shock
between La - Sol, but he is not saying anything about this passive shock.

Ouspensky in In Search of the Miraculous did notice the flaw but apparently doesn't explain it overly well. More ideally for the analogy, you probably want a scale with shocks at the 3 and 6 position since 9 actually is used for the octave. It's not a standard scale but someone actually did compose with it.

http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j4selfbbb.html

Thnx Bluelamp for link. Conformation of my speculation was there:

The intervals mi-fa and si-do are called MdNel-In and are the places where the process must receive 'help from outside'. This is shown in the Enneagram where the points 3, 6, and 9 are Mdnel-In, for the three preceeding octaves. (J.G. Bennett, The Enneagram, page 4)

Clear. :)

Back
Top Bottom