Rational Conspiracy Theories of Wall Street Genius Mark Gorton

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://gawker.com/the-astounding-conspiracy-theories-of-wall-street-geniu-1561427624

Mark Gorton does not have a reputation as a crackpot. Quite the opposite. He's been favorably profiled in the New York Times for his business acumen and charitable deeds. His experience as the head of Limewire—which disrupted the music industry and then lost a $100 million lawsuit as a result—was closely followed by the press. And when Michael Lewis's blockbuster new book about high frequency trading was published recently, prominent media outlets turned to Gorton to learn what HFT firms are really like. The Huffington Post even dubbed him "the new face of Wall Street." He is a very respected and very wealthy man.

This week, we were forwarded documents that Gorton was sending out to employees at Tower Research. These documents—embedded at the bottom of this post—are essays by Mark Gorton, laying out his theories on the secret high-level murderous criminal "Cabal" that is responsible for, among other things, the JFK and RFK assassinations, the presidential careers of the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, the Oklahoma City bombing, the 9/11 plot, and the murder of countless witnesses, politicians, and journalists who sought to expose them, including Sen. Paul Wellstone and even Hunter S. Thompson. Everything, according to Gorton, has been an inside job.

Go to the link to download the document.

Great find, Laura- what a great summary.

Even if all of his conclusions may not be 100% correct it paints the big picture with such gruesome clarity that even the staunchest sceptic ought to be shamed if they keep on denying reality.

I'll definitely forward the link to many people.

Mr. Premise said:
It's hard to argue with anything he said in what I've read so far.

But notice all the Pentagon/CIA/NSA paid trolls posting in the comments under the article.

Laura said:
Mr. Premise said:
It's hard to argue with anything he said in what I've read so far.

But notice all the Pentagon/CIA/NSA paid trolls posting in the comments under the article.
The Gawker article itself was kind of weird, and looking at it on my phone I couldn't see comments. I started reading the letters or notes written by the Wall Street guy. I got through most of the one on the Cabal. I check it out on my computer so I can see the comments.

Thanks. I like the clarity and lucidity of his writing.
I understand that he is concerned about his and his family's well-being :(

Mr. Premise said:
The comments were not fun to read. :(

Who cares? I dunno anymore. Let them talk and see it as a noise in the background. In the past this infuriated me, too - and was a reason why I left Facebook altogether. We know were this BS is coming from, so? The only person I'm concerned about is the author, must be hard to read all this crap about yourself online :/

M.T.

Minas Tirith said:

After reading more, esp. about 911, I don't worry about his and his family's well-being. The dog that did not bark in his account is Israel/Mossad. So this helps answer why this would appear in Gawker along with the silly cover story that he asked them not to publish the letters but they did anyway because they were so important. He is clearly being protected by someone, and someone is allowing this to appear in Gawker which means that someone is more powerful than the US-based Cabal he writes about.

That being said, his analysis of the US based Cabal looks pretty solid and pulls lots of disparate things together well.

Mr. Premise said:
Minas Tirith said:

After reading more, esp. about 911, I don't worry about his and his family's well-being. The dog that did not bark in his account is Israel/Mossad. So this helps answer why this would appear in Gawker along with the silly cover story that he asked them not to publish the letters but they did anyway because they were so important. He is clearly being protected by someone, and someone is allowing this to appear in Gawker which means that someone is more powerful than the US-based Cabal he writes about.

That being said, his analysis of the US based Cabal looks pretty solid and pulls lots of disparate things together well.
Thinking about it more, this helps explain something that is puzzling. OK, so both Bush Sr. and Clinton were Cabal members. But if Bush was the head of the Cabal, why was he subject to the humiliation of Clinton, a junior member, beating him in 1992 instead of Clinton going along with the plan which was for him to run in 1996. There is an account somewhere that the Clinton campaign early on in the 1992 election was contacted by the Bush people who told them that their turn was in 1996 and if they tried to run in 1992, the Bush faction would investigate the hell out of Clinton and make his life miserable. Which they did by investigating the hell out of some of the much smaller Clinton misdeeds. So why did Clinton go ahead and run in 1992, and how did he win? The answer must be that Bush Sr. was the last president who tried to stand up to Israel.

Mr. Premise said:
Minas Tirith said:

Yeah, that's struck me as well, 'God's Chosen' seem to always manage to stay above the fray.

The comments of the gubershills did not get much negative feedback for their weak and shallow debunking. Not much of a Gawker reader myself but I checked the demographics of Gawker visitors. They are relatively young, mostly college educated and financially better off than many - shame really. IDK, but it seems like many young people today are sheep, trend followers. They certainly like to spend a lot of time on their smartphones...

I guess I'm getting old :-[

Screencapture of Gawker Demographics via Quantcast:
gawkerdemog.jpg

Laura said:
http://gawker.com/the-astounding-conspiracy-theories-of-wall-street-geniu-1561427624

Mark Gorton does not have a reputation as a crackpot. Quite the opposite. He's been favorably profiled in the New York Times for his business acumen and charitable deeds. His experience as the head of Limewire—which disrupted the music industry and then lost a $100 million lawsuit as a result—was closely followed by the press. And when Michael Lewis's blockbuster new book about high frequency trading was published recently, prominent media outlets turned to Gorton to learn what HFT firms are really like. The Huffington Post even dubbed him "the new face of Wall Street." He is a very respected and very wealthy man.

This week, we were forwarded documents that Gorton was sending out to employees at Tower Research. These documents—embedded at the bottom of this post—are essays by Mark Gorton, laying out his theories on the secret high-level murderous criminal "Cabal" that is responsible for, among other things, the JFK and RFK assassinations, the presidential careers of the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, the Oklahoma City bombing, the 9/11 plot, and the murder of countless witnesses, politicians, and journalists who sought to expose them, including Sen. Paul Wellstone and even Hunter S. Thompson. Everything, according to Gorton, has been an inside job.

I've been thinking about Hunter S. Thompson's death in February 2005. Previously I just assumed it must have been suicide, since everyone knows how crazy he was, always shooting guns in his backyard and blowing things up. Today I've been reading a book of interviews with Hunter S. Thompson published in 2009, Interviews with Hunter S. Thompson: Ancient Gonzo Wisdom edited by Anita Thompson (Cambridge, Mass: Da Capo Press, 2009).

[The book has an Introduction by Christopher Hitchens, in which Hitchens seems unable to accept HST's views on 9/11 and feels he has to try and downplay them:
"[. . .]I have some private reason to think that he didn't always believe his own propaganda about 9/11 and its aftermath, and I certainly find much of the exaggeration on those subjects in these pages to be just that: a straining for effect that may well even have helped contribute to the final accidie." - from Hitchens' Introduction.]

Thompson clearly had strong views about what he saw as a fascist direction being taken by the USA in the 21st century. He thought 9/11 benefitted the US administration, and condemned the ongoing wars against Iraq, e.g. in this 2003 interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbsm4Lp6g8

Of course this isn't itself proof one way or another or whether he committed suicide or was suicided, but might count for something in a consideration of "Who benefits?" from his death.

Something else that strikes me from reading the interviews was just how serious Hunter S. Thompson was about being a writer/journalist, and of his serious interest in the nature of politics, the media, truth, liberty, and evil. As an example of his serious approach to writing, he would copy out pages on his typewriter from the novels of authors he admired.

This contrasts with the public person of HST as being a drug-addled nutcase. Here are a couple of quotes from the book of interviews relating to this:

from a 1986 interview with "T.O." magazine (Toronto):
T.O. [magazine]: Do you get upset at the way the media have portrayed you?
HST: Well, I don't mind being portrayed as a dope fiend or a sex fiend as long as there's something else in there. [He sighs wearily.] You know, I'm more concerned with the Supreme Court than I am about rock and roll - or with the war in Nicaragua than I am about drugs.

from a 1993 interview with "Spin" magazine:
SPIN: Your use of drugs is one of the more controversial elements about you and your writing. Do drugs and alcohol play as big a role in your life now as they did in your earlier work?
HST: Obviously, my drug use is exaggerated or I would be long since dead.

This is from 13:16 in the interview in the Youtube link above, a 2003 interview with KDNK Community Radio, Colorado, on the topic of Iraq:
HST: You know, Bush, he's really the evil one in here. Well, more than just him. We're the Nazis in this game, and I don't like it. I'm embarrassed and I'm pissed off. Yeah. I mean to say something and I think a lot of people in this country agree with me. A lot more never say anything. We'll see what happens to me if I get my head cut off in the next week by - it's always unknown or bushy haired strangers who commit suicide right afterward. No witnesses. [. . .]
Mary Suma: Is that the CIA kind of crime?
HST: Oh, absolutely. Anybody that's a successful criminal's kind of crime. We can go on and on. I have to be restrained on the subject.

HST is supposed to have written the following suicide note four days before his death:

No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt.

I find this note a bit odd. HST joked in interviews several times about never expecting to live past 27 or past 30, which fits the "live fast - die young" romantic stereotype. Not expecting to live past 50 isn't really the same thing. It also seems a bit pedestrian compared to HST's usual writing style, and moralistic ("You are getting Greedy. Act your old age.") in a way that seems out of character for HST.

This website has some more doubts and information about HST's death/suicide:

_http://aneta.org/thompsonmurder_com/

Hunter S. Thompson is also supposed to have written over 20,000 letters. He planned in his lifetime to publish 3 volumes of his letters, of which the first two have been published.
The third volume, The Mutineer: Rants, Ravings, and Missives from the Mountaintop 1977-2005 seems to be held up in publication, and I haven't come across any official announcements about the reasons why. It seems to have been available as a pre-order on Amazon since as early as 2009, with the release date being put back further and further as the years go by. The book on Amazon has an ISBN number, the number of pages, and a cover image. It is also in the list of HST's works at the beginning of Interviews with Hunter S. Thompson: Ancient Gonzo Wisdom, which was published in 2009. There are a few customer reviews on Amazon from people waiting for the book, one of the comments says the book has now been removed from Barnes and Nobles' database, as if it never existed. So I wonder if this will ever be published, or if at some point it will end up being removed from Amazon's database also, and become a kind of "phantom book" that was never actually released.

The Amazon page for The Mutineer is here:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Mutineer-Missives-Mountaintop-1977-2005/dp/0684873176/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Back
Top Bottom