Real fairies or a hoax?

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I just recived email with following contents. The way its done and the fact that everything about this "evidence" seems to be so neat tells me its a hoax. But thats just my opinion.

If anything its quite amusing so here it is:

showletteraeu6.jpg

showletterboi1.gif

showletterrx1.jpg

showlettercpe5.gif

showletter1tj3.jpg

showletter2dv0.jpg

showletterdtk6.gif

showletter3ll1.jpg

showletteresn2.gif

Looks pretty much like a hoax. My friend, a filmmaker, just created a corpse of a grandmother to be used in his films. Same kind of skin color of a "fairy" in the photos above. Not hard to make with the right tools.

The one thing that caught my eye is "exact location not reveal." What is up with this line saying that? I keeps seeing that in the "hoax" stories.

Also, I noticed that one of the pictures is a police evidence bag. What? No pictures from the person who "found" these fairies? When things such as these (almost as unbelieveable) are found, they are usually photographed as they are found. Not from some lab.

If it was sent to the police, shouldn't there be an investigation or an autopsy?

If it is a hoax, it may not necessarily be the person who found them that's responsible either. It just makes it more belivable if the person/s responsible doesn't make the 'find' but its done through a third party.

I can see it now, the new trend:

Pet Fairies

...though personally I'd rather have one of those ships that crashed on the moon.

Cyre2067 said:
...though personally I'd rather have one of those ships that crashed on the moon.
Supercharged?

Hoax. Those wings indeed look like decaying leaves.
Could be a viral email marketing campaign for some video game?

With all that visiting, there should be not just good photos, but excellent video. Is there? Nowadays, everybody has access to substantial equipment so the only reason not to have a whole slew of multiple images from every possible direction and lighting is that something is fishy. Heck, we even took a bunch of photos of a grape that looked like an alien's head! (Subsequently ate it.)

Laura said:
Heck, we even took a bunch of photos of a grape that looked like an alien's head! (Subsequently ate it.)
:lol:

Watch out now, you don't want to be re-creating that scene from Aliens ;)

beau said:
Watch out now, you don't want to be re-creating that scene from Aliens ;)
And if anyone here not familiar with the scene, here a hint:
"Hello folks, you know the words munch, crunch, yum yum???" ;)

This "creature" is what is known as a "gaff"(a Google search will bring up zillions of adds and sites advertising fishing gaffs, a long pole with a hook on the end for taking large fish out of the water by hooking through their lip or gills) I do not know where the term comes from.

Basically they are creatures that are created from all sorts of things including actual skeletons, skin, hair, fur, claws, teeth-and whatever else might be employed including modern materials such as silicone, latex and resins.

They have been created for all sorts of purposes including side shows at fairs, circuses and carnivals-some famous examples are the Fiji Mermaids and the Cardiff Man-also for movie props, publicity and promotions and to sell as curiosities-and of course to hoodwink the unwary as outright hoaxes.

Some artists can create what look to be authentic remains of bizzare animals-and only close scrutiny will reveal they are not what they seem to be.

One very common example here in the U.S. is the "jackalope"-a creature created by gluing the horns of the American pronghorn antelope onto the stuffed body of a common jackrabbit-both denizens of the Western US.

To someone who is not very savvy about animals it looks darn real-and some of these creations are so lifelike it is virtually impossible to tell they are not genuine remains of real creatures-and some of them are downright terrifying-check out these websites-one discusses the "fairy" issue and pretty much debunks the thing-and the other features a "chupacabra" carcass that looks so real and hideous it will give you nightmares.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/othercreatures/a/aa033107.htm

http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/fantasy/fantasy.html

Bon appetit!!

It looks to me like one of those model human skeletons that they sell for educational purposes
dressed up with leaves, etc.

Back
Top Bottom