Real intuitions or programs?

Far away said:
Intuitions. Hmmm... I've found these very useful in interactions with people in everyday transactions. If you have your wits about you, you can pretty much know who you are talking to within a few minutes of meeting them. After that, it's either a pleasure to get along with them, or you can tolerate them, or you make tracks as soon as possible. Have you found this?

See my message to Bar Kochba above:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11921.msg85421#msg85421

I would have to say that the agglomoration of impressions received and processed by the sensorium to build both a picture both of your 'self', and the predictable result on your 'self'  of the outward manifestations of others, for good or ill, according to your predilections, can be enhanced as a perceived positive or negative internal  impression, by the experience, not only of the quotidien typicality of response experienced in interaction with the random manifestations of others, but also by the inner experience of 'intentional suffering', a concept which is interesting, in that the suffering involved, being affective, possibly to the extent of emotionally derived physical effects, is from the deliberately internal studied perception of impressions either recollected from past events or immediately available to the senses from present contingencies causing the affective response, all events described, whether from past or present, arising from external sources. Would that match your interpretation?

Far away;

Please notice the difference in your choice of wording by comparing the following two posts:

Far away said:
Sorry, Pepper Fritz, looking over the thread, the question you must be referring to is, ''Have you read Laura's Knight-Jadczyk's Wave series yet? ''. In response, I have to say I am not familiar with Ms. Knight-Jadczyk's work. I have only ever read works on and by George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff.

...and then this:

Far away said:
I would have to say that the agglomoration of impressions received and processed by the sensorium to build both a picture both of your 'self', and the predictable result on your 'self' of the outward manifestations of others, for good or ill, according to your predilections, can be enhanced as a perceived positive or negative internal impression, by the experience, not only of the quotidien typicality of response experienced in interaction with the random manifestations of others, but also by the inner experience of 'intentional suffering', a concept which is interesting, in that the suffering involved, being affective, possibly to the extent of emotionally derived physical effects, is from the deliberately internal studied perception of impressions either recollected from past events or immediately available to the senses from present contingencies causing the affective response, all events described, whether from past or present, arising from external sources. Would that match your interpretation?

Now, considering the fact that we expect ourselves to do our best to practice External Consideration:

[quote author=http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/External_and_Internal_Considering]

In 4th Way parlance, this is the practice of taking others into account when acting. External considering involves making a realistic evaluation of another's situation and acting in ways which take this into account in a positive sense.

External considering is however not the same thing as being socially polite or considerate, although it may be expressed in this manner.

The key concept is to be aware of and to adapt oneself to the level of being and knowledge of others.
[...][/quote]

...would you mind translating your post into something my simple mind can wrap around?
Thanks a bunch!

In the analysis, the concept of good or bad in this respect would be neither here nor there, in that the objective is, objectivity. In the experience of these internal impressions is a treasure trove of knowledge in the way that the contingent personality bodes forth in this worldly environment. The true eternal within is here in this place for the experience of all these impressions, to garner knowledge so that it may be worthy of yet more responsibility and have the capability to withstand its burden and find that extraordinary perception of joy which is felt by the heart on occasion for no particular reason, a more constant star in its firmament. As Gurdjieff said, ''Blessed is he who has a soul. Blessed is he who has none. But woe betide he who has the makings of one.''

Far Away: We endeavour to keep a high signal-to-noise ratio on this forum. Thus far your posts have been almost 100% noise, and any attempts on our part to educate you on ways to reduce that noise have been completely ignored. Clearly, this is not the appropriate forum for your needs. Fare thee well.

There is no longer an abusive, drug-addicted mother in the picture. She proved to me that she was sorry, and wanted to change, by getting clean. Having been an addict, I know what that takes. Once she was clean, the girl I fell for years ago returned. She's agreed to get psychiatric help, as well. Everything is going very well, and I have been able to devote more time to reading & the Work. Nothing is certain, but everything is falling into place for once. The big move, the mother cleaning up, new job, kids are happy, and I feel as though I'm making real progress.

Hi Bar Kochba

Sounds like things are going really well for you all!! This is really good to hear.
fwiw it brought to mind something which may be of importance when it comes to keeping the ball rolling as it where, that of the effect of General Law stepping in to derail your efforts and hamper your progress.
The link to external considering posted above may also be of help in relation to that.

This topic is also covered extensively in the wave and adventure series (among many many other subjects).

Hope that helps.

Bar Kochba said:
There is no longer an abusive, drug-addicted mother in the picture. She proved to me that she was sorry, and wanted to change, by getting clean. Having been an addict, I know what that takes. Once she was clean, the girl I fell for years ago returned. She's agreed to get psychiatric help, as well. Everything is going very well, and I have been able to devote more time to reading & the Work. Nothing is certain, but everything is falling into place for once. The big move, the mother cleaning up, new job, kids are happy, and I feel as though I'm making real progress.

It sounds as though you and your family have made some very important and positive changes. :)

Bar Kochba said:
I excercise caution though....

Yes, I'd say that caution and constant vigilance is wise. In view of your family's troubled past, and the degree to which your own programs have interfered with your ability to make healthy decisions, it would be very easy to "slip" into old patterns of behaviour. I don't wish to discourage "intuitive" approaches to problemn-solving, just be sure it doesn't become a synonym for "not thinking" and relying only on your "feelings", which as we know can be a symptom of mechanical program-related response.

I think the key is to be constantly examining the "fruits" of your decisions as objectively as possible, and to try and get objective feedback from others as well. ReFox's comments about General Law are also pertinent.

I hope to see you active on the forum once again. Remember: The Work cannot be done in isolation. :)

Thank you for the reminders. I have read all of the wave & adventure series, but am recently finding that, upon re-reading it, I understand the content MUCH more now than before. It's almost as if a mental block has been removed.

I have also learned that, if one leaves any issue unresolved, any loose ends dangling, these things will manifest in negative ways on a daily basis until resolved in a satisfactory manner. I know it's common sense to most people, but to me it was a lesson hard learned! Knowledge is worthless unless you apply it in a practical manner in your daily life. I know now it's a constant struggle.

Back
Top Bottom