relation between yoga, deep breathing and lymph system

Green_Manalishi

Jedi Master
Hi everyone.
This may not be news to a lot of you, but is something that i just, kind of "noticed" between reading different things, and i think i never saw anything about it here in the forum.
I was reading something about the lymph system, and the fact that it does not have a pump (like the heart in the blood system) to facilitate the moving of the lymphatic fluid across the body was brought to my attention. I immediately remind myself of reading that Yoga improved the lymph system, but i never read exactly how, so i did a quick search in the web and found that indeed, Yoga positions serve as a pump for the lymphatic fluid to flow across the body. And not only Yoga, but also, deep breathing and especially breathing with the diaphragm help the circulation, and thus the detox process.
As i said, probably not news to a lot of forumits, but for me it was good to understand how the deep breathing that accompanies the POTS helps to physically enhance the detox process of our bodies.

the article below is on respiration and the need for a right concentration of co2 in the blood. however, the required concentration of 3.5% is ambiguous as it is not clearly defined as what:

Back
Top Bottom