Rusty Weld

Timótheos

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Good Morning All...

Recently @luc and I started collaborating on a musical project. Our first song - Quiet Man - is now finished and is scheduled to be released on Friday morning.

We found a subscription service that, for a small fee, will upload a new song to over 100 different streaming services at the same time, including the big ones like Spotify, iTunes, Youtube, Amazon, etc.

In order to hopefully generate some extra interest, we are asking any forum members who liked the song please share it to as many social media sites as possible on Friday also, to time it with the release on the streaming services.

Stay tuned to this thread, and on Friday morning we will post direct links to the song on X, Facebook, and Youtube . The YT link can then be shared on other sites like MeWe, VK, Rumble, TikTok Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

Thanks in advance to all those who participate in our social media experiment, and we hope you enjoy the song!

2.jpg

Awesome guys! Looking forward to hearing it

use distrokid .. pretty cheap and have had no dramas in the 5 years or so I’ve been using it
Can I ask what this subscription service is?

There are tons of distribution services like that, and frankly they all seem to do pretty much the same thing and are all quite cheap. Some offer more functions like splits, more artists etc. ... We went with LANDR distribution, for no particular reason except that the user interface looks hassle-free and they keep your music there even if you end the subscription.

apologies, my post was meant to say I use distrokid, not just use distrokid. You're right Luc, they're all pretty much the same these days.

No worries, that's how I understood it. Good to know you had a good experience with Distrokid, it's hard to figure these things out since there's so much competition in that field and everybody seems to pay people to smear the other companies :lol:

No worries, that's how I understood it. Good to know you had a good experience with Distrokid, it's hard to figure these things out since there's so much competition in that field and everybody seems to pay people to smear the other companies :lol:

Hahah oh for sure, they're all just making money from us in the end, the only reason I went woth Distrokid is that when I started doing the streaming thing, they were pretty much the only show in town ;)
The only problem I have had with distrokid, is that once you upgrade to have more artists ( I have 5 slots as I was planning on having a few more projects), I only use 3 and can't go back to a cheaper plan and unless you buy a lifetime upload they do take your work down if you leave, so sounds like you guys found a winner!!

Honestly the downside of using streaming services, as I am sure you aware, is that they pay so little. I mean .003 of a cent per stream if you're lucky!! A friend of mine who is successful, said he needs a minimum of 150,000 streams a month to make a living. If you haven't already, I would look at bandcamp as you can sell your music on there at whatever price you want. FWIW

Honestly the downside of using streaming services, as I am sure you aware, is that they pay so little. I mean .003 of a cent per stream if you're lucky!! A friend of mine who is successful, said he needs a minimum of 150,000 streams a month to make a living. If you haven't already, I would look at bandcamp as you can sell your music on there at whatever price you want. FWIW

Yeah, the thinking was more that even if it's just a couple of people who like it, they should be able to listen to it where people these days listen to music, and that's mostly Spotify, Apple, Amazon and YT music.

Back
Top Bottom