Safe Driving over the holidays

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This is just a quick post to give everyone a heads up - driving can be extra dangerous over the holidays (Christmas and New Years) with people stressed out/late and/or drinking/exhausted. I could be wrong but people seem extra crazy this year in general, so thought it would be worth mentioning and that everyone should keep 1000 eye open :rockon:

RedFox said:
This is just a quick post to give everyone a heads up - driving can be extra dangerous over the holidays (Christmas and New Years) with people stressed out/late and/or drinking/exhausted. I could be wrong but people seem extra crazy this year in general, so thought it would be worth mentioning and that everyone should keep 1000 eye open :rockon:

Thank you for the reminder. I've noticed that people are extra crazy too, specially as of late. At work, in the streets, at night, ETC.

Let's take care!

This may be relevant: How to get drunk by eating food - it's not a 'how to' get wasted, but it is very interesting that it doesn't take him long munching trifle before he is technically 'over the driving limit' (UK).

Graham Lawton attempts to get mashed on potatoes and sauced on sauce. It's a sobering insight into what really happens to the booze we cook with

https://youtu.be/TguA-Utdyew

Take Care Everyone :flowers:

RedFox said:

Yes, a good reminder. Keep those 1000 eyes on the vehicles around you and don't take things for granted. Grab some winter tires, too, if in wintery environs.

And for all of you winter cyclists out there, exercise extreme caution.
Icy roads, ruts, stressed-out and drunk drivers, are all things to be aware of this time of year.
Also, wear a helmet, have and use warnings lights and a rear-view mirror, make sure brakes and tyres are in good condition, with tyres suitable for snow and ice.
And ride with caution and due diligence. :)

itellsya said:
This may be relevant: How to get drunk by eating food - it's not a 'how to' get wasted, but it is very interesting that it doesn't take him long munching trifle before he is technically 'over the driving limit' (UK).

Wow, that's good to keep in mind! Thanks for sharing!

Today was apparently the busiest shopping day here in the UK, was absolutely horrendous the amount of cars out on the road, definitely makes you feel uneasy being in a vehicle, never mind walking through the herds in supermarkets.

Thanks for the reminder!

Heads up Gendarme Smokies on the prowl!

Jun 18, 2018

Neat how the the French people will warn each other when they see these speed traps. With a couple of taps of the high beams.

Just say-in! Not a recommend though!

629e829f6db973e2b8ed7cce62f4dc6c.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom