Scary dreams.

EGVG

Dagobah Resident
Lately I've been having weird and scary dreams, normally I dream pleasant and happy things. I never feel scared of uncomfortable when dreaming. However, in the last 3 weeks every time I fall asleep I end up dreaming scary things. It all started with me feeling like I was loosing gravity in a dream and started to float, I looked at my surrounding and saw a weird tall skinny black dog standing on two feet, and it freaked me out. Now thinking about it seems dumb and not scary at all but the panic I felt was overwhelming. After that, I've been dreaming about people wanting to end me. I don't know if anyone has had this kind of bad dreams luck strike, I'm having trouble to overcome them as they keep happening every night.

This is the reason I'm back on the forum after ten years of absence. I feel like this is the right place to look for clues.

I had a scary dream today...

I was in my childhood home, and was overlooking the riverbed from the balcony... In real life, our house wasn't on the river, but it was nearby, so it was like two scenes blended together...
I saw three vehicles driving on the riverbed in which one was a Chevy Blazer, the other two were sedans and all were in close proximity to each other. Suddenly, the Blazer veered towards a boulder and hit it, causing the truck to stop right away. The occupants got out and there was a commotion as all vehicles stopped when the Blazer did - as if it were a chase or something. Fighting ensued between the people and I watched as they were going at each other... I focused mostly on the people in the Blazer - a man and a woman, but quickly it became a fight involving 5 or 6 people.
I noticed the woman got knocked out, and quickly the man was as well... Then it occurred to me that this was really violent as they appeared dead... By the time I realized there was a Samurai sword being used, the assailant was hacking the rest of those involved to pieces... I panicked, and knew I had to call 911, but was having trouble calling because of all the thoughts going through my head: 'Did he see me witness this? Should I run? Is he coming to the house? I'm naked, I might not be able to out run him without shoes! What's the number, isn't there a button for emergencies?'...
So, the doorbell rings, I'm not sure if it's him but I'm not going to open the door. I'm going to be silent and hope he leaves. I never got through to 911, because I was too confused to dial the phone, so I'll just wait... Then he comes inside the house.
That's when I woke up.

Lately I've been having weird and scary dreams, normally I dream pleasant and happy things. I never feel scared of uncomfortable when dreaming. However, in the last 3 weeks every time I fall asleep I end up dreaming scary things. It all started with me feeling like I was loosing gravity in a dream and started to float, I looked at my surrounding and saw a weird tall skinny black dog standing on two feet, and it freaked me out. Now thinking about it seems dumb and not scary at all but the panic I felt was overwhelming. After that, I've been dreaming about people wanting to end me. I don't know if anyone has had this kind of bad dreams luck strike, I'm having trouble to overcome them as they keep happening every night.

This is the reason I'm back on the forum after ten years of absence. I feel like this is the right place to look for clues.
Hi EGVG ! Your dream reminded me of what Laura shares in 'The Wave Vol.2 : Soul Hackers' (ch.8, p.37) :

At that point, I could have plunged back into denial, into the old belief system, for the sake of peace and keeping everything stable, but I had a dream that clearly told me that I was in mortal danger if I did not take immediate action. It was the standard 'Dark Man Dream' as described by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, a Jungian psychologist, who uses ancient tales as maps to chart our unconscious knowing in her book 'Women Who Run With The Wolves' : The Natural predator of the psyche is not only in fairy tales but also in dreams. There is a universal initiatory dream, one so common that it is remarkable if a person has reached age 25 without having had such a dream. The dream usually causes the person to jolt awake, striving and anxious. The dream usually involves being in a house with a danger outside or darkness outside. The dreamer is frightened and frantically tries to obtain assistance. Suddenly, they realize the danger is virtually on top of them, or right with them, or cannot be overcome or avoided, or that they have lost. The dreamer awakens instantly, breathing hard, heart pounding. [...] Often such a dream is a reliable indicator that a person's consciousness is just beginning to gain awareness of the innate psychic predator... [...] Dreams are 'portals', entrances, preparations, and practices for the next step in consciousness.

I had a dream recently, it was kind of vague in detail, but had a scary ending....

I don't remember the circumstances surrounding this scene... what or who I was interacting with... But it was in a rustic setting, involving a passenger train.

The train was dilapidated and old, like from previous generations. It had moss and growth on its roof and parts that were rusted through... But in a way, was beautiful, as it had birds and squirrels and other life signs that made the train feel alive... And it was sunny and warm, giving the whole scene a folktail like feeling.

We had a train stop on our way to our destination - I was with someone, but don't recall the who or why - and so I decided to explore the village during the stopover. It was bustling with people and seemed very festive - like a picnic, with campground fixtures that covered the campfires in case of rain....

I came across a campground fixture that had human bodies that were skinned and looked like processed meat - no blood or signs of violence - it was as if they were there for a BBQ, and they were the main dish.

I was astonished, and at that moment, a man noticed my astonishment and knew I wasn't one of them, and immediately began to come toward me, while raising an alarm to all the participants. I was being pursued through the village, dodging some kind of arrows or bullets or spears, making way for the woods...

I heard the man who 1st noticed me yell a name at me... I tried to make sense of the name he called me... It was like two words combined to mean: human food! It seemed odd to have such thoughts while being chased, and I wasn't very scared, but knew I had to leave....

So I ran through the terrain that offered the best evasive features: gullies, trees, ect. and as I escaped, I woke up.

Back
Top Bottom