Secret History of the World music by Loreena McKennitt

Third_Density_Resident

Jedi Council Member
I'd just like to thank whoever it was that decided to use Loreena McKennitt's song "Prologue" from her "Book of Secrets" album to accompany The Secret History of the World promo at the top of the Signs page. Canadian-born McKennitt has always been a favourite artist of mine, and her mix of Eastern, Celtic, Middle-eastern and other styles has always evoked a deep sense of mystery in me when I listen to it -- and "Prologue" in particular evokes the kind of mystery that is fitting for The Secret History of the World.

Yeah - it's a really nice reflective piece of music.

It's also appropriate, I think, that it's called "Prologue", i.e. it's a beginning, the first few steps on a journey. Which is what, imo, the Secret History is all about - beginning to get a sense of perspective and context on what has really been going on in the world, and our own place in this 3rd Density reality.

I was looking at the sleeve notes from the album - because I had pulled it off the shelf pretty soon after I had heard the snatch of music on the Signs website, so that I could hear the whole piece. Loreena has some things to say which are, imo, quite appropriate to this forum:

"Over a number of years spent ruminating on the distinctive characteristics of the Celts, I began to wonder if their legendarily nomadic ways arose from an inner need. An involuntary response, rather than a pragmatic one; a restlessness that had its roots in an insatiable curiosity."

In other words: the quest to discover perhaps comes from something other than a need to find a more sustainable (or merely comfortable) place in which to live. It's not about making a nicer, fluffier, nest in which to sit. It's not even about salvation, per se - i.e. the quest for ascension, so that one can sit back on arrival in 4th density, and say, "Whew! I'm glad that's sorted out; I can relax now", in some sort of creepy Heaven's Gate-y kind of a way, while the planet beneath bursts into flames.

That would just be the same old, same old - i.e. STS.

Loreena talks about something different: a never-ending journey. A journey of growth, like the journey a plant makes as it grows through the concrete. Something really graceful, something like true LIFE.

Loreena quotes from Lao Tzu in the sleeve notes too:

"A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."

A lovely thing to bear in mind if we start to anticipate anything. Anticipation, of course, blunts growth - or stops it altogether.

Loreena also talks about "jettisoning the grids and brambles of our own preconceptions", which I think is such a good image, calling to mind the straight lines of the cage we keep ourselves in, and the baroque and morose way in which our minds tend to work, keeping us tangled where we are.

Altogether a very fitting piece of music to go with the book - kind of swirly like Celtic spirals, or treading a maze with a steady unselfconscious pace.

Ottershrew said:
In other words: the quest to discover perhaps comes from something other than a need to find a more sustainable (or merely comfortable) place in which to live.
Agree. Spirituality is not a comodity to attain: It is my opinion the journey is intuitive, and its stages, described by Gurdjieff, Don Juan, etc, are natural tresholds which are there, on nature, for the spirit to become one with them. And this points have been the same since ever and ever and ever... for all creatures, not only humans, in all places, not only earth.
The spiritual scandal with the which the atmosphere is irradiated in a consecutive basis, the which McKennitt helps on dissolving, gets some of us lost form that path into artificial, sick, strange, "goovy", "cool", "exiting", yet, non-natural, thus, non-coherent, directions.
Is it attainbale, the spiritual progress, all the way to the 7th House, without schools? Gurdjieff says NO. I think YES: Is just, the atmosfere is way too thick and toxic as for one to reach what one is supossed to be.
Loreena McKennitt sings the way: She talks about a never.ending journey.
Ottershrew said:
A journey of growth, like the journey a plant makes as it grows through the concrete. Something really graceful, something like true LIFE.
Cheers to that, and a welcome to the infinit.

Back
Top Bottom