Seeking help with last nights events...

Prysm

Padawan Learner
Greetings all,

Well i had an odd evening last night 7/31/08. After leaving my friends place in company with another friend, we both had a funny feeling that we just couldn't place and saw that the sky seemed unusually clear here in Michigan. We laid back on top of my car to take a look while smoking some ciggys. We saw of bunch of shooting stars that we thought seemed a bit unusual, but also took notice of about 5 or so additional sitings in the sky. The shooting stars had a blue-white type color to it and appeared as a thin streak in the sky when noticed, but these 5 additional things appeared to be more like a circular flash of like that blipped on and off in a split second, and appeared to be moving at about the same speed as the shooting stars. Funny thing is, the light that was shown wasn't blurred at all. You could clearly see it as a white circle shooting past the sky. Then I started to take notice of the Pleiades constellation in the sky. As we were relaxing, an odd thing happened; it started to hover in the sky like a swarm. The stars would flutter a little bit in formation, but also sometimes get a bit closer to each other before returning to their basic original position. Now, after being a little weirded out with this i ran inside to check the star maps to see where the Pleiades would be in the sky, knowing its part of the constellation Taurus. Funny thing is, Taurus wasn't even supposed to be seen in the sky right now. So what the heck were we looking at?! On a side note, about 4-6 years ago i was stargazing about the same time in the year i believe and caught site of the Pleiades. It was doing a similar fluctuation and hovering type maneuvers in the sky like last night, except on this occasion after observing for a while the "constellation" scattered to the four corners of the sky. It was the most bizzare thing i have seen in the night sky to date. A constellation just doesn't scatter! And if it was at around the same time, that means Taurus, and therefore the Pleiades wouldn't have been visible in the night sky. Anyways, if anyone has any commentary or insights into what might have gone on i would appreciate it. Thanks.

~Bobby

Back
Top Bottom