Session transcripts

Hi All,

well, I did something :) It'll probably satisfy some tech folks here. I've created some repositories on GitHub and used some of their spare minutes for GitHub Actions to automate some things. Mind you, that the tools are rather bare bones, but I've managed to put them together in less than day. So, for the repositories:

cassiopaea-tools
Some tools written in Go to scrape the forum session transcripts posts, and generate assets like EPUB or HTML files.

cassiopaea-actions
Basic GitHub Actions definitions that currently are scraping the forum and pushing artifacts to two other repositories. Ultimately, scraping actions will be triggered by cron, two times a month (currently triggered by pushing to master branch).

cassiopaea-assets
Automatically updated by GitHub Actions, this repository contains all the transcripts as HTML file per session, or as artifacts:
liberty239.github.io
GitHub Pages repository, automatically updated by GitHub Actions. Hosts all the transcripts merged into one, accessible as a web site hosted on GitHub:

If any of you want to collaborate, want to create organization and transfer ownership of the repositories, I'm happy to do that. Meanwhile, I'll be updating them in my free time, adding some features here and there, without any roadmap.

Why liberty239? I needed some other GitHub account to not be susceptible to account termination. Not being a creative person, the username was inspired by limited run of silver coin, that is also in my avatar here :)
A lot of these links seem to be down. Did something happen?

Reactions: KJS
Hi @Mark7, here's rationale about why I abandoned how the sessions compilation was generated before:
Hi, I've completely abandoned the idea of scraping the whole forum every time, because there was quite substantional amount of sessions that needed some manual corrections. So I've abandoned the old way of doing it, along with the repositories. The new way of doing these session compilations is that I've scraped all the sessions to Markdown format, reviewed them (took me hours), corrected formatting errors (because of conversion) and some missing parts. If there is a new C's session, I'll just convert it to the Markdown document, see if anything is good, and adding to the repository (need to do that for February one).

I'm planning to create a separate anonymous account to be able to also share it here.

As you will see, it is just a repository of Markdown files that is assembled to the different formats using Pandoc tool, which is totally awesome! The repository also contains a Docker manifest for building this compilation in a container, so you don't need all the dependencies to be installed on your system (but you need to be on GNU/Linux because of the shared folder feature that is used).

Hopefully the build process is sufficiently explained in the README.md file, but as you can see, I've also created a GitHub Actions manifests, so GitHub will build the compilation on every commit (click on the "Actions" tab, then click on "Initial commit" in "All workflows", and in "Artifacts" there is a "Session files" archive that contains almost everything sans HTML file, because GitHub's Ubuntu is using an outdated Pandoc package).

New links are here:
Hi all, I've automated build of the website that stores newest compilations of the sessions. It is available here:

One big HTML file is also back, although in a slightly changed form (because it's generated by different tool now):

The page is regenerated by me semi-automatically, whenever a new session will appear. Happy searching :)

If you are a tech-savvy person and want to verify or use transcripts that make up the compilation for your experiments, you can view and download git repositories here:

Back
Top Bottom