Show #22: Manufacturing Civil War in Syria

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday 30th June 2013: Manufacturing Civil War in Syria

The London-based NGO, Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, claimed recently that the number of dead from the civil war in Syria has passed the 100,000 mark. In addition, we're hearing that the Obama administration is considering sending military aid to the 'rebels'.

This week we're going to be taking a behind-the-scenes look at the real actors in the Syrian conflict and how the massive bloodshed there fits into the ever changing narrative of the West's bogus 'war on terror'.

As part of examining the Western government's real objectives in Syria, we'll also be considering the history of "al-Qaeda" and the role of religion as it is used by psychopathic politicians to justify imperial expansion and domination of other nations.

Join us this Sunday 30th of June from 2-4pm EST (9-10pm GMT) as we de-catapult the propaganda.

The role of religion as it is used by psychopathic politicians; this part stood out to me. The Constitution & the amount of control the Pope has that is little known about came to mind. Not sure if that's vectoring in the right direction.

Looking forward to this :)

SMM said:
Looking forward to this :)

Me too! In particular, looking forward to light being shed on what is really happening in this geopolitical quagmire.

Thanks for the show; had my mom here and she caught most of it. :thup: on the discussion. Cool you will have Hank here next week, as i've been reading a bit from him, should be interesting.

Good night SotT-Talk.

Great show guys! :clap:

I thought the caller Chris(?) had some very interesting points with regards to soldiers obeying orders--I encountered some former soldiers who had been in Iraq a couple years ago, around the time when the US was terrorized by another debt ceiling crisis or something, where it was threatened that the soldiers wouldn't get paid. They said there was no chance that the soldiers would work without getting paid (the entire prospect of the soldiers not getting paid was ludicrous--obviously they're going to get paid because it's quite a large incentive to work for the psychopaths), so perhaps total obedience from their (admittedly brainwashed) soldiers is more wishful thinking on the part of the psychopaths.

The discussion about heaven and hell also reminded me of when I was younger and decided that neither could exist as described, at least not without "field trips" (the term I used at the time) from one to the other, to compare. I mean, if hell were so bad for eternity, eventually it would just become totally normalized and be neither good nor bad, just how it was. And the same for the eternal "bliss" for heaven. It was clear even then that one could not be known without the other. And, of course, very few people ever stop to consider the possibility that we're already in hell and that heaven (though not the do-nothing perma-bliss that's normally attributed to it) is actually a possibility of something that humanity could build, if that were its Aim.

I'm not surprised at the lack of calls to be honest, I was struggling to keep up and come up with something to add other than "YES you're totally right!" :-[

I don't know if you all plan it beforehand, or you're just getting more grooved as a group, but the way the shows have been developing has been fantastic. Recently I've noticed a trend where towards the end of the show you get really deep into fundamental implications and origins of things you're discussing, and the big questions that really matter. The key truths are discussed in a logical, succinct, accessible way that I think anyone but the most hardcore authoritarian could appreciate.

I'm interested in the kind of numbers of listeners you're pulling in these days.

Foxx said:
I thought the caller Chris(?) had some very interesting points with regards to soldiers obeying orders--I encountered some former soldiers who had been in Iraq a couple years ago, around the time when the US was terrorized by another debt ceiling crisis or something, where it was threatened that the soldiers wouldn't get paid. They said there was no chance that the soldiers would work without getting paid (the entire prospect of the soldiers not getting paid was ludicrous--obviously they're going to get paid because it's quite a large incentive to work for the psychopaths), so perhaps total obedience from their (admittedly brainwashed) soldiers is more wishful thinking on the part of the psychopaths.

Yeah, that was actually quite a hopeful message for me. These guys project such an image of control and terror, but they're only as powerful as the lies people believe. If some soldiers are waking up, then that's something that can really spread.. given the general closeness of military units and the fact that they can witness the truth on the ground first hand. Maybe wishful thinking, but all it takes is for people to just say no and that's it, they're finished.

Another excellent show, SOTT Team...:-)
Thanks you all for making my Sundays more interesting.
You guys keep me thinking....:-)

Yet another excellent radio show!

I have to say that I'm not completely comfortable with the use of the f-word in the talks. But maybe that's just me...

Aragorn said:
I have to say that I'm not completely comfortable with the use of the f-word in the talks. But maybe that's just me...

Probably not. After all, it's not what you say, but how you say it that matters.

Atreides said:
Aragorn said:

Probably not. After all, it's not what you say, but how you say it that matters.

I agree. My limbic system always notices and responds to the "how" in some kind of way, but the intellect doesn't seem to be very concerned with "what." :)

Atreides said:
Aragorn said:

True and I think for radio, swearing can run the risk of turning potential listeners away.

Thank you for the show! Very good contributions and perspectives on what is happening in Syria and prospects showing how psychopaths manipulate normal people through politics and religion. Also the fear of Israel and the US and other Arab governments allied to them that the Middle Eastern societies modernize and become secular. And the concept of if are more psychopaths among white people than other ethnicities (great theme to be developed in a future for you guys :D ). I was just thinking recently about that, if whites (and I am of european descent) are still enslaved to any idea of "superior race" or something, and how much influence still do psychopaths feeding such ideas, to continue dividing humanity.
It's very enjoyable learn with you, people! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom