SkepticOverlord is at it again

pack3tg0st

A Disturbance in the Force
MODS, if i'm in the wrong forum, please move this to where its more appropriate.

Abovetopsecret at it again?

when this started happening I immediately thought of you guys over here, and your battle with ATS a few years ago...

Is this another SOTT type incident? Amkon.net recieved this from SkepticOverlord this morning:

Attn: "Amkon.net" operators and HostGator service provider...

Pursuant to 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:
As CEO of The Above Network, LLC, I am an authorized agent for content posted to our online social content community, "AboveTopSecret.com", as authorized by members in our Terms & Conditions as they elect to join the community.

These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon your site, without proper attribution or adherence to our clearly posted usage guidelines, at the following URL(s):
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6603&start=80
first post by "homingpigeon"
second post by "cogburn"
third post by "cogburn"
forth post by "hominpigeon"
sixth post by "cogburn"
ninth post by "homingpigeon"
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6603&start=60
second post by "pack3tg0st"
14th post by "pack3tg0st"
16th post by "hominpigeon"
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6603&start=40
third post by "homingpigeon"

In fact, there is an inordinate amount of improperly attributed content from our domain, AboveTopSecret.com, throughout your "Amkon.net" web site, some of which is posted-by or commented on by those labeled as "administrators" or "moderators," so as to be impossible to list in one email.
The original content, along with clearly posted usage guidelines which you have ignored, was posted by contributors of our site, and entrusted to our stewardship.

I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, the law, or our clearly linked copyright and usage guidelines that accompany each and every piece of content on our domains;

Under penalty of perjury in a United States court of law, I state that the information contained in this notification is accurate, and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the exclusive rights holder for the material in question;

I may be contacted by the following methods:
***REMOVED BY REQUEST***

I hereby request that you IMMEDIATELY REMOVE this and all material originating from the AboveTopSecret.com domain, or any other domain owned by The Above Network, LLC, from your website, and additionally inform you that edits to correct neglected attribution are not sufficient to satisfy our usage guidelines.

***REMOVED BY REQUEST***

Link: _http://www.amkon.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6641

All of that, over a little thread on WITD... I don't understand it...

anyway, here's the material SkepticOverlord wants removed... better check it quick in case Amkon's hosting company caves in to ATS...

_http://www.amkon.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6603

sad really... they run the biggest conspiracy site on the net, by their own admission... yet they have the need to mess with the little guys...

Sorry but I don't have time (or inclination) to check out other people's fights with those nutzoids. My suggestion would be to just share the links to the articles about ATS that are on my blog. You can find them by searching on google.

Hey laura!

Yah, I've read your blogs! good stuff! Looks like we might be going through the same thing that you guys did...

I understand people are probably burnt out from the whole ATS fear mongoring tactics... they've been at it for quite a while now...

we just thought it was a little funny that reopening the WITD research brought on their B.S.

Anyway, We've got a FOIA request in for the paperwork from the FBI when ATS had the whole WITD thing go down... I'll pass on the materials I get for your research as well if you're interested...

Anyone around here looked into a link between William Irvine and Infragard yet?

I'm starting to go down that road... just wondering if anyone else has...

Back
Top Bottom