Solar Freakin' Roadways

happyliza

The Living Force
I think this is a brilliant concept - though the proof is always in the pudding so to speak! From what have read they seem to be pretty confident and have been testing the idea for a long time now at various universities in Amerika. Currently they are on Indigogo Crowdfunding and have raised over 1 million.

I would be very interested in trying to obtain a local 'agency' rights for my neck of the woods, if it is possible, -as I am sure many people would too. I am sure I can interest local businesses to invest - one in particular I recently met.

However I thought before I contact anyone that it would be a great, hopefully ethical, business for FOTCM members/communities to possibly become involved in - environmentally and sustainably produced incomes?

Just networking to get feedback whilst the chance may exist that the founders seem like the type of people who may prefer to give preference to those that are maybe of similar background to them rather than oligarchs. Just a thought.

Anyhow do watch the video if even for its entertainment value! It is very well done! Plus many issues have already bee dealt with in ll of the comments. There is also a FAQ page which is quite comprehensive as well as info on Indigogo of course.

Just putting it out there - like nothing ventured nothing gained kind of thing. Despite the idea being quite ground-breaking. The only gripe I agree with is the potential surveillance - and I think that even if it is against the innovator's principles that it would be used despite their objections. But then, TPTB would achieve this anyhows anyway.

Video and comments can be found here:

http://sfglobe.com/?id=832&src=share_fb_new_832

FAQ page is here:

http://solarroadways.com/faq.shtml

I saw that earlier today - very good concept. It'd be great for rural areas too. I do doubt that we'd find this being spread around the country en masse though, particularly since the entire road construction and repair industry, and energy industries, would most likely fight it with all they've got, even if covertly.

I agree, this could solve so many problems. Snow and Ice issues but not Fog issues. Rain and drainage too. Blacktop is l00% recyclable it is ground up and re-heated and could be used as culverts or molded to fit any need or underground protection of wires or structural support.

Maybe, a small test town, with the investor money while your waiting to get on the calender at city hall to be heard by the streets and transportation board of supervisors.
Can a tornado pick these up? It's not "That" the wind is blowin', It's "What" the wind is blowin'.
Also, how much weight do these tiles hold? There are some Big Rigs out there. Think space shuttle size. Would we need secondary roads for heavy traffic? Next hurdle Department of Transportation.

Overall, it's a wonderful improvement. Best idea in a long, long time. Great Video.

There's a FAQ on their formal Web site here: __http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

The tiles hold a lot of weight, in excess of 200K pounds if I remember right. ( about half the weight of an Abrams Tank, more than enough for a very heavy large big rig truck ). And they apparently have contracts with the US Dept of Transportation although I don't know in what capacity.

I would be concerned about the LED lighting and it's highly detrimental influence on sight, perception, and a host of other adverse effects..

Also, as it was explored in The Wave, high pulsation light is a hypnotic opener.

Could be an invention that used by PTB (and it cannot be used on such a wide scale without their interference) becomes another pair of shackles.. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom