SoTT.net Format Change

herondancer said:
New year, new look! It's clean and very professional looking. Kudos to the designers!

I agree, it looks really great! Well done to all involved.

Session 31 May 1995:

Q: (SV) It is what you are! (L) Our ability to see or perceive, blue, according to some researchers, is very recent. Natives who live on the Blue Nile describe it as brown, Homer described the Mediterranean as the "Wine dark sea," and Aristotle said there were only three colors in the rainbow: red, yellow and green. Is this true, that the human race, in general, has only recently become able to see blue?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Is this a reflection of the spirituality of the color blue?

Q: (L) Obviously there are colors beyond blue, and as we attain greater spirituality, we will be able to see them as well, is this true?

Q: (SV) When you look at a rainbow you can see a shimmer or haze on either side. (L) Could it be that as a result of constant straining to see at higher frequencies, some people's eyes suffer?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) Could this be a problem with people in spiritual or personal development?

A: Maybe.

:)

A couple of issues - the big red button to publish an article still has a gray patch in the lower left corner (been that way for a while) and the SoTT logo is not linked via a "href" tag, instead it's got JS hooked to it to redirect to the home page, which is fine except some people may want to copy the home page link and not realize there's a house icon for the home page.

I don't know if this is intended or not, but when not logged in there's no header background image, but when logged in there is.

I know this is probably a ton of work - maybe too much given available time - but there'd be a more uniform look if all the article icons were flattened, or replaced with flat icons.

And... a minor annoyance: I cannot be logged in from the same system/same IP in two difference browsers. I get that it's a security feature, but I don't totally grok why that is necessary.

Anyway, looks great :D

Back
Top Bottom