Sott wan't open today?

Kaigen

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi everyone today after I clicked on sott this came out for the first time.
somebody brought in sott site is unsecured? Or am I wrong?
What do you think?

Attachments

• new site.JPG
    new site.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 23
FWIW your address is in the browser address bar is wrong, you try to get on fr.sott (french sott) with an English link and then too: www.de.sott.net or www.es.sott.net etc. doesn't work. If you delete -www.- then the sites are working, but not in the combination with french and an english article link ;).

Hope this helps!

Kaigen said:
could be a Firefox problem...
No, it's not a problem but the way Firefox reacts to certain websites' configurations.
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/This%20connection%20is%20untrusted

Gawan said:
FWIW your address is in the browser address bar is wrong, you try to get on fr.sott (french sott) with an English link and then too: www.de.sott.net or www.es.sott.net etc. doesn't work.
Unfortunately, it does work. There will neither appear a 404 page nor correction by redirection. You will be shown the US site instead.

The SSL certificate for SOTT will not officially work with "www.fr.sott.net", which is why you get the security error.

It will only work with BLAH.sott.net, i.e. www.sott.net, fr.sott.net, etc.

So, that error is actually saying, "The SSL certificate is for *.sott.net, but you're trying to go to *.*.sott.net"

In other words, a wildcard SSL certificate is only good for subdomains, not sub-subdomains.

So, just chop off the "www." and then it will work fine.

If you clicked a link from somewhere, it apparently added the "www." at the beginning, which is bad juju.

I see. It was a link with this article in Google Reader which brought me to this site.

Back
Top Bottom