Strangeness? lost track of time

My intent was to alleviate the confusion and the obsession that weird events can bring. I pay careful attention, but remembering that nothing happen to "me" seems to help, at least for myself, to not retain and contract or obsess over a difficult event.

Yeah my statement was very confusing, I'm a bit confused, I apologize for that, I might rephrase for you Felipe : put space between what you observe and the observer, maybe it's more clear and practical.

axj said:
I think a better term is that a lot of one's personal life is a reflection of the inner energy state. Also, the degree of connection and living from the Authentic Self and Higher Self has a huge influence on what is 'reflected' in the events of the outer world.

It seems that larger world events are a reflection of the collective energy state of many people, which kind of ties in with the idea of humanity attracting cosmic phenomena if the state we are in as a collective is too much off balance.

I guess you can compare the collective consciousness of people to the collective memory of people, It doesn't seem to be any different how a society remembers its past than how a person remembers his/her past, commonly people will recall horrible times of history as a fairy tale long past and far from reality, in that sense every illusion becomes real by the observer.

When people recall periods of history such as the crusades, it is often with disbelief followed by a "how dumb they were" or "i would act differently in such times" kind of remark, when in reality even if we were to travel back in time to the actual events, they would have less chance of survival simply because of wishful thinking and ignorance of the plasticity of the brain of people and therefore the plasticity of society, leading to frequency mismatch. and second the fact that the same archetypes apply today to all people, just that in a different way. The mechanics of the human condition is what inevitably causes society to trip over and over with the same stone and end in catastrophe it seems..

I that sense the illusion carries rules to follow. and like it is said the more awareness we get of the human condition the less the restrictions.

So to bring both concepts together, we cannot remember history so long as we lack the understanding and specially the "feel" the experience of the times, and it also applies to memory of a person and the "second shock" to get the full experience of the memory.

As i am thinking about this and after resuming some reading of chapter 9 of ISOTM (chapter 9 which coincidentally contained the information i was looking for), it seems the key element is the present, we are in the present because of the past, but we don't live in the present mainly because of blockages , if we were we would have to be conscious of every letter every sound and every sensation and thought we produce to be able to perceive present time, and the way the brain is wired to perceive a memory would certainly change, because of different mechanism involved and the plasticity of the brain.

another idea is that the reason why we can't remember certain dreams or deja vu and maybe even abductions, is because this happens at a higher order, meaning a higher sensation (higher emotions) which is a flow of information and energy the brain in its waking state is unable to organize, put together or experience the feelings associated with it because the emotions are also happening at a higher order unable for us to process while awake, is what happens. there are some Dejavu that caused me to remember the night, the dream, the moment i wake up for a very short period of time then disappears, and the after effect of this sensation of experiencing a (0 time for lack of better term) is all that remains. If this is to be true, our brains CAN reach a state to process these rush of information because we already have, by training the mind in its waking state i.e. the WORK. I guess that is receivership capacity..

Thank you Felipe to have answered my post "9/5 Work", it gives me heartrageousness :).

Maybe living in the past come from blocages of memory, like you said. If time don't really exist like we think it is, so you haven't lost any time aha! and it was just a blocage about a misremembering of some event, a cognitive dissonance. And if it is a real strangeness, so you have also a cognitive dissonance because the mind is not fully informed to be open as a 'real' possibility or is not able to see through reality, so in the two cases it's up to you to chew this, or not !

No problem, Nico.

I am reading about memory and trying to get the book suggested on kindle Janek suggested "subliminal" (it is not coming up for kindle) in the meantime, i got into reading more about the limbic system and the relationship between memory and learning.

I don't think I lost time, if anything my brain organized events as such. Like when you ask for a list of similarities and differences between ten different mammals without a picture of them. You learned the animals at different times, but the brain is able to pull the information together and and process it, by doing so, you are also creating a memory and new connections. So i guess it is likely I placed the memory of the forum post in a "bank of information" to call it that, that seems much closer to me than memories such as going to the store and so on, because the mindset is somewhat different and specific when I look into questions posted here than the mindset when I have had inner talk or going to the store etc...

Felipe4 said:
I am reading about memory and trying to get the book suggested on kindle Janek suggested "subliminal" (it is not coming up for kindle) in the meantime, i got into reading more about the limbic system and the relationship between memory and learning.

To be honest with You Felipe4 I'm not sure if this book is worth recommending. As for me it was quite disappointing actually. If You are familiar with the book "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman (and I bet You are, as it is popular book in this forum as I noticed), there is not really much new information in "Subliminal". What this book contain is collection of psychological experiments descriptrions, but in fact nothing more. I gave You one example of such description, as I thought it fit Your stories. Of course if You are interested in getting to know about such experiments (and I think those parts of the book that concerned memory was the most interesting) You will find some new and useful information there. However, it lacked some kind of overall summary of deeper analysis of the way subconcious works, or something like that (like the way in "Thinking, Fast and Slow"). This book only stated that subconcious is important and it influence our everyday life (like I didn't know that before). And what dissapointed me the most was that Author claimed he is going to back his words with the "state-of-the-art" research of how brain works, fMRI including, and he almost never did!

I'm sorry for me introducing confusion with my opinion, but I feel I needed to warn You, so You weren't dissapointed as I were.

Back
Top Bottom