Stranger Things

The True Story and the Hidden Symbolism Behind “Stranger Things”

I had seen only the first season and a few of the second. Like the article, I was aware of the MKULTRA and Montauk references.

But after reading this summary and the references, especially when it talks about the miscarriages, I suddenly associated it with the miscarriages resulting from the covid vaccines.

But I think there is more to it than that. Because it turns out that very recently a disturbing video (video is form 2018 but get viral now) has been circulating that depicts that darkness of the other side and the trauma that the unborn are subjected to.

It seems to me that these two years of "pandemic" are finally showing to be a MKULTRA on a planetary scale.

I abandoned the latest series mainly because of the tiresome 'gulag' storyline with Hopper. Maybe I was too hasty, it just seemed like yet more Hollywood style propaganda. They did something similarly crass with 'House of Cards' which I commented on on that thread. I'm primed to start rolling my eyes as soon as the evil Russians show up.

I abandoned the latest series mainly because of the tiresome 'gulag' storyline with Hopper. Maybe I was too hasty, it just seemed like yet more Hollywood style propaganda. They did something similarly crass with 'House of Cards' which I commented on on that thread. I'm primed to start rolling my eyes as soon as the evil Russians show up.
It's worth keeping in mind that the series is set during the time of the Soviet Union, so they are depicting things truly on Stranger Things historically speaking. There were Siberian prisons like that. Plus they introduce two interesting characters this season from that storyline.

It's worth keeping in mind that the series is set during the time of the Soviet Union, so they are depicting things truly on Stranger Things historically speaking. There were Siberian prisons like that. Plus they introduce two interesting characters this season from that storyline.
yeah and even though they do, it's not a mindless bashing of all things Russia.

I do think that the series must have been written before the whole Ukraine thing started, so maybe next season will be more transparently anti Russia, but on this one... it really wasn't overtly propagandistic in my opinion. In terms of governments, I was left more with a sense of, there's evil (and good) everywhere, rather than.. Russia is evil and thus we'er not.

Yeah, the most evil government type was an American actually.

That would be the military man hunting Eleven
Yeah, can't wait for their comeuppance! and it was also interesting how they also showed different factions within the same governments, and how they could be relentless against one another.

yeah and even though they do, it's not a mindless bashing of all things Russia.

I do think that the series must have been written before the whole Ukraine thing started, so maybe next season will be more transparently anti Russia, but on this one... it really wasn't overtly propagandistic in my opinion. In terms of governments, I was left more with a sense of, there's evil (and good) everywhere, rather than.. Russia is evil and thus we'er not.
Plus, the entire show is a tribute to American 80s movies. And there's little more 80s than some evil Russian bad guys.

Personally I found the last season very powerful! In fact it had me crying every episode. Great scripts, fantastic portrayal of how America saw Russia. There's a level of ingenuity, crass humour, and much tenderness which is a change in this world where I never see a man hold a woman's hand and where it is ever so complicated to touch someone from the heart! You have to admit the cinematography is POW! And the jokes demonstrate how the Army is just a bunch of backwards weirdos! Just my take. Although today I believe the Russian Army is the saviour that Cayce envisigionned. But hey, if they decimate Washington, Ottawa, and we die, they will still be my heroes.

Very smart way of turning the tables around, David Arbour that went to goulag and Winona Ryder that came to save him with their buddy end up wearing jackets that are Russian flags! I thought that was a key giveaway to the smarts of Ross and Matt Duffer, who wrote and shot this piece of art!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is without a doubt an extraordinary season!
Unlike other current series, in my opinion, we feel a certain freedom of writing which does not impose an established agenda (woke...) which is reflected in the long and fluctuating duration of the episodes. The direction and the endlessly sustained suspense could have suited the format of films rather than a series, although I appreciate it more in the form of a series. A great work which I hope will continue in this direction.
As a metal fan, I particularly enjoyed Eddie's musical delivery of Metallica's song Master of Puppets in the Upside Down.

And there's little more 80s than some evil Russian bad guys.

Yeah, it always crosses my mind how Russia is portrayed in Western entertainment, so it was on my mind while watching this newest season and I thought, "well this time period would be the Soviet Union Russia so maybe not too far off the mark?" But generally speaking, the caricature of Russians that's usually portrayed is over the top. The 'Queen's Gambit' was one that stood out to me for how they showed Russian's in a favorable light, which is quite unusual.

Back
Top Bottom