Suspect Zero -- remote viewing of dysfunctional psychopaths

A

alchemy

Another fairly interesting movie with a unique premise, as far as I am aware. The idea is that an ex-Government remote viewer hunts down serial killing psychopaths around the country. OK, except for the remote viewing this might sound like any of dozens of other thriller movies out there (which raises the question of why there are SO MANY of these types of movies, but I'll try to stick to the review at hand).

The reasons why I thought this film was worth recommending would include:

* the remote viewing angle --- I have certainly never seen this in a film previously. This isn't just mentioned in passing, but is taken seriously and is an integral part of the film. Ben Kingsley does a very good job of bringing across both the pros, and cons, of such activity.

* the fact that the remote viewing originated with the Government. In the film they attribute this to a fictional FBI "Project Icarus", when in fact it appears to be the CIA beginning with Project Scanate, developing over the years to Project Stargate amongst others.

* as has been mentioned in relation to other 'forced' (as opposed to naturally developed) paranormal activities, the remote viewing does not seem to be something that Ben Kingsley can turn off. Once that barrier has been broken, he seems both blessed and cursed with this ability forevermore, and it is not within his control.

* perhaps most interesting was the premise that serial killing psychopaths roam among the populace, culling the herd if you will, and leaving no clues nor working in repeatable cycles that might lead to discovery by law enforcement authorities. Additionally, there is not just one of these individuals, but it appears a veritable army of them.

Besides the interesting concepts you have some top-notch actors IMO, including the aforementioned Ben Kingsley and Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity of Matrix fame).

Recommended.

Back
Top Bottom