Taken

Myth of Myself

Padawan Learner
I just watched the first episode in the "Taken" series which deals with the Roswell incident. I found it to be interesting enough to recommend although it is produced by Spielberg.

Any thoughts on the series by those who have seen it?

Hi,
yes I saw the whole thing. And IMO it is nothing more than propaganda and lies produced to make you feel safe about the Grays. It is "fun" to watch, but nothing more than that since it really doesn't touch up on anything on a deep level. It's just there to make it seem like the aliens are our friends and we should trust them, because they are not here to harm us.

yeah right... :rolleyes:

I got through the first three episodes and I haven't gotten to the "good" Greys yet but I have been giggling at the "gifted" good hearted human/Grey hybrid child. Did enjoy the scene where they remove the implant and all the doctors and soldiers lose it and experience all of their memories and fears at once.

It would be interesting to see a film that was based on "High Strangeness" but I guess we're already living it so what's the point eh?
:)

I enjoyed watching it when it came out a while ago (I like my sci-fi)....but looking back in hindsight I found it disarming disinformation and horrific (penorising?) in equal messure (a lot of horrific deaths, not to mention the abductions).

RedFox said:
I enjoyed watching it when it came out a while ago (I like my sci-fi)....but looking back in hindsight I found it disarming disinformation and horrific (penorising?) in equal messure (a lot of horrific deaths, not to mention the abductions).

Those were actually my feelings about it too. I watched it on SCI-FI channel when it first came out in the US, and they were showing an episode each night everyday. It was the first time i watched something with aliens i think, i was never fun of sci-fi stuff. I was impressed with the idea of the super human/alien child (Dakota Fanning was excellent!), and how magical that result was as portrayed (the whole propaganda thing in full bloom!). But it didn't escape me the fact that those abducted had to go through so much pain and suffering, their lives were utterly destroyed, because some creatures wanted to play. I was horrified by the concept of abductions, and how those who lived them could find no solace in their lives, from nowhere and noone. Nobody believed them.

Yet it was very addictive, i went back to it every night to watch till the final episode, despite how it scared me.

This series you can say was my initiation into aliens and abductions concepts :O

Back
Top Bottom