Televangelist Acton Bowen Pleads Guilty To Sexually Abusing Multiple Children

Debra

Dagobah Resident
This guy was charged in 2018.
His court date finally came up on December 2, 2019.
Alabama televangelist Acton Bowen pleads guilty to 28 charges of raping and sexually assaulting multiple children between the ages of 12 and 16.

I guess he was rather popular across the U.S. and worldwide!

From the article:
"Before being arrested for raping and sexually assaulting children, Bowen, founder of Acton Bowen Outreach Ministries, was a wildly popular youth evangelist and the host of xlroads TV, “a worldwide broadcast viewed weekly by millions of teens and adults in every city in America and over 170 countries around the world.”

ABC News notes:
The news of Bowen’s arrest in 2018 shocked many in east Alabama’s Christian community where he was considered a hometown hero. Bowen had served as chaplain for the 2012 Olympics, made appearances on Fox News, and promoted himself as a spiritual adviser to Hollywood Stars including Justin Beiber.
According to reports, Bowen offered his underage victims hundreds of dollars to perform sexual acts, victims he met through his youth ministry.
[...]Judge Debra Jones will have a sentencing hearing in the next 30 days.

I think it is quite interesting that the abc news you site is local only and the major news outlets have nothing on this. and IF he was a Catholic priest? Also ironic: the Pastor's wife, who quickly divorced him, is the daughter of a Judge! (also in Alabama) Somehow, I bet leniency is not going to be an option.

Back
Top Bottom