TerraCycle.net

Skyfarmr

Jedi Master
Recently I heard an interview with the founder of TerraCycle.net, a Princeton dropout, who started a recycling network which has quickly gone global. They collect 40 different kinds of packaging which aren't usually accepted by recycling centers and either recycle the materials or up-cycle them into new products. What's really cool about this company is that they offer a per piece price for each package/container that sponsors collect, free shipping of the recyclables and donate the proceeds to the sponsor's designated charity (501.3c).

If you get angst every time you throw a chip bag or spread container in the garbage/recycling (even though it may end up in the incinerator/landfill) then you should check this out. They really make it easy for the smallest of organizations, schools, charity or Earth warriors to make a difference both by keeping crap out of landfills but also providing a chance to contribute to local charities, as well.

I don't have personal experience with this organization,... yet, but I've read plenty of the material on the site and they seem to have their heart in the right place.
Planning to talk to our local co-op and schools about getting some sponsorships up and running before Earth Day, April 22... no time to lose!

They have links on their page for different countries which are participating, in addition to US:

* Argentina
* Brazil
* Canada
* France
* Germany
* Mexico
* Sweden
* Turkey
* UK

Make sure to check out some of the cool up-cycled products they have, and some of the contests going on.

Can anyone on the forum provide some feedback for this recycling network?

Back
Top Bottom