Texas gov. candidate questions any US role in 9/11

JEEP

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just spotted this in Yahoo news:

_http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100212/ap_on_el_gu/us_texas_governor_s_race_sept11 said:
Texas gov. candidate questions any US role in 9/11

By APRIL CASTRO, Associated Press Writer April Castro, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 1 min ago

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican gubernatorial candidate said Thursday she has questions about whether the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks — a statement she swiftly backed away from and one that drew immediate criticism from her better-known rivals in the race.

Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison dismissed the comments made by Debra Medina on the Glenn Beck Show that there were "some very good arguments" that the U.S. was involved in bringing down the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn," Medina said. "I think some very good questions have been raised. In that regard there's some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there."

Medina later released a statement saying she did not believe the government was involved in the attacks.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11," Medina said in the written statement. "I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way."

Medina, Perry and Hutchison are battling for the GOP nomination. In recent weeks, Medina has surprised political observers by surging in public opinion polls and raising her profile in two televised debates.

Perry said Medina's remarks "were an insult to the thousands of Americans who lost loved ones." He countered that anyone "should be ashamed" for suggesting involvement by former President George W. Bush's administration. Bush was Perry's predecessor as Texas governor.

Hutchison stressed that it was "al-Qaida terrorists who declared war on America. To suggest otherwise is an affront to the men and women who are sacrificing their lives to root out the terrorists in Afghanistan and around the globe."

Beck, who is influential among the Libertarian-leaning voters that Medina has attracted, said he had been flooded with mail since he announced she would be on the show. Medina said in the interview that she has not been questioning the attacks publicly.

"There was a theme that ran against you, and that is, you are a '9/11 Truther,'" Beck said, referring to the term given to people who doubt the official account of Sept. 11.

"While I don't endorse anyone ... I think I can write her off the list," Beck said. "Let me take another look at Kay Bailey Hutchison if I have to. Rick, I think you and I could French kiss right now."

First of all, "Rick, I think you and I could French kiss right now". . . :scared: Ewwww!!!!
Secondly, is this the first sign of a crack in the "official story"?

Another crack developing?

The Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement

Abstract

In the past year, in response to emerging independent science on the 9/11 attacks, nine corporate, seven public, and two independent media outlets aired analytic programs investigating the official account.

Increasingly, the issue is treated as a scientific controversy worthy of debate, rather than as a "conspiracy theory" ignoring science and common sense.

This essay presents these media analyses in the form of 18 case studies.

Eight countries - Britain, Canada, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Russia - have allowed their publicly-owned broadcasting stations to air the full spectrum of evidence challenging the truth of the official account of 9/11.

This more open approach taken in the international media - I could also have included the Japanese media - might be a sign that worldwide public and corporate media organizations are positioning themselves, and preparing their audiences, for a possible revelation of the truth of the claim that forces within the US government were complicit in the attacks - a revelation that would call into question the publicly given rationale for the military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

The evidence now being explored in the international media may pave the way for the US media to take an in-depth look at the implications of what is now known about 9/11, and to re-examine the country's foreign and domestic policies in the light of this knowledge.

See the entire article here: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/203161-The-Media-Response-to-the-Growing-Influence-of-the-9-11-Truth-Movement

Boy, she gave with one hand and took away with the other. But at least she got it said before backing down. A possibly strategic maneuver.

Glad to hear this discussed here :D
I heard the interview live. It had all the earmarks of a character assassination. It seemed she was set up for the sole purpose of discrediting any questions of 911 by Beck's demographics. Beck of course has played the role of cutting edge conspiracy thinking as far as PTB allows and his "followers" may have been getting too educated from non-Beck sources. So time to bring out the isolation tactics. To top it all off on Monday's 2/15/10 show he stated his "Deep Throat" called him over the weekend and congratulated him on "keeping the extremists out". Wow....
The other disturbing issue was the total humiliation of this woman on the air (laughing at her). Everything Beck has set out to do "Grass roots political uprising" was what she stood for. No political background, a nurse and other private sector experience. But to dare to question 911 seems to be a boundary which must not be crossed in the public mind.
The other key operation here was to define "911 Truther" as a Communist front group. Beck has clearly stated in prior shows both radio and TV that several of Obama's officials are 911 Truthers and Communists. So if one is Libertarian or Conservative you cannot be a 911 Truther because they are communists.
Real in your face propaganda.

I can personally attest that there are people swallowing this crap hook, line, and sinker! Frightening!!!

Edit: better word choice

More cracks:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/203553-Washington-Times-reports-on-9-11-inconsistencies said:
A lingering technical question about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks still haunts some, and it has political implications: How did 200,000 tons of steel disintegrate and drop in 11 seconds? A thousand architects and engineers want to know, and are calling on Congress to order a new investigation into the destruction of the Twin Towers and Building 7 at the World Trade Center.

"In order to bring down this kind of mass in such a short period of time, the material must have been artificially, exploded outwards," says Richard Gage, a San Francisco architect and founder of the nonprofit Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

Mr. Gage, who is a member of the American Institute of Architects, managed to persuade more than 1,000 of his peers to sign a new petition requesting a formal inquiry.

"The official Federal Emergency Management [Agency] and National Institute of Standards and Technology reports provide insufficient, contradictory and fraudulent accounts of the circumstances of the towers' destruction. We are therefore calling for a grand jury investigation of NIST officials," Mr. Gage adds.

The technical issues surrounding the collapse of the towers has prompted years of debate, rebuttal and ridicule.

He is particularly disturbed by Building 7, a 47-story skyscraper, which was not hit by an aircraft, yet came down in "pure free-fall acceleration." He also says that more than 100 first-responders reported explosions and flashes as the towers were falling and cited evidence of "multi-ton steel sections ejected laterally 600 ft. at 60 mph" and the "mid-air pulverization of 90,000 tons of concrete & metal decking."

There is also evidence of "advanced explosive nano-thermitic composite material found in the World Trade Center dust," Mr. Gage says. The group's petition at www.ae911truth.org is already on its way to members of Congress.

"Government officials will be notified that 'Misprision of Treason,' U.S. Code 18 (Sec. 2382), is a serious federal offense, which requires those with evidence of treason to act," Mr. Gage says. "The implications are enormous and may have profound impact on the forthcoming Khalid Shaikh Mohammed trial."

Stay tuned for more in this space.

See the Sott article for readers' comments: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/203553-Washington-Times-reports-on-9-11-inconsistencies

Back
Top Bottom