The Age of Aquarius

This forum is entitled "What's on your mind". Geez, don't ask because I will tell you. This is on my mind (and I'm not sure why).

The Age of Aquarius. We hear that phrase a lot, it's even a song (from 1969). The band who recorded it is...The 5th Dimension.
5D...? I never understood the name of the band before but suddenly the connections are worth considering, at least to me...at least for now.

The lyrics begin:
When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
[Chorus]
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

So I began wondering about the planetary alignment mentioned. The moon in it's 7th house...Jupiter aligns with Mars. I thought, "Is that a clue? A Prophecy'? When does it happen next, and when did it happen last?"
So I searched for "the moon in it's seventh house" because while I am very interested in astronomy, I don't actually know much. This however, is what came up in the search and it's not astronomy related:
"The Moon in the 7th House signifies the need for emotional bonding and nurturing in relationships. While it intensifies emotional experiences, it can also lead to mood fluctuations and emotional dependency. By embracing empathy, understanding, and emotional balance, individuals can foster harmonious partnerships."

Now that last sentence sounds like something we all are working on here. So is this song actually telling us via 5D (I'm laughing, you can too!)...that the Age of Aquarius is not a 'sky event', but a change within us...? It's from 1969, so how many other songs are messages in music and is some of it STO oriented to help us? (C's keep saying, "help is on the way". If crop circles can be messages, what else can be?)

If anyone is interested in the reading the full lyrics (and their continuance into song "Let the Sunshine In" I will post a link. I just noticed this on the lyrics page: [Part 2: Let the Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)]
Wait, what? The Flesh Failures???? I have no words after seeing that, so here is the link to the lyrics:

I saw ”Hair” the musical, (1967) in Hollywood waaay back in the day. That is from whence these songs came. As a young impressionable pup, it did have an impact and seemed to be a vivid contrast with the reality on the ground.

In retrospect, Hair was massively promoted and was clearly part of a YOOGE manipulative PSYOP. Context is always key.

Whack-o-pedia:

Songs from Hair have been recorded by numerous artists,[122] including Nina Simone, Shirley Bassey, Barbra Streisandand Diana Ross.[123] "Good Morning Starshine" was sung on a 1969 episode of Sesame Street by cast member Bob McGrath,[124] and versions by artists such as Sarah Brightman, Petula Clark, and Strawberry Alarm Clock have been recorded.[125] Artists as varied as Liza Minnelli and The Lemonheads have recorded "Frank Mills",[126] and Andrea McArdle, Jennifer Warnes, and Sérgio Mendes have each contributed versions of "Easy to Be Hard".[127] Hair also helped launch recording careers for performers Meat Loaf, Dobie Gray, Jennifer Warnes, Jobriath, Bert Sommer, Ronnie Dyson, Donna Summer and Melba Moore, among others.[64]

The score of Hair saw chart successes, as well. The 5th Dimension released "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" in 1969, which won Record of the Year in 1970[128]and topped the charts for six weeks. The Cowsills' recording of the title song "Hair" climbed to No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.[129] while Oliver's rendition of "Good Morning Starshine" reached No. 3.[130]Three Dog Night's version of "Easy to Be Hard" went to No. 4.[131] Nina Simone's 1968 medley of "Ain't Got No, I Got Life" reached the top 5 on the British charts.[132] In 1970, ASCAP announced that "Aquarius" was played more frequently on U.S. radio and television than any other song that year.[133]

Last edited:
I didn't see "Hair" live but I did see the movie version (1979). By then I was old enough to be interested (too young in 1967, lol). I see that wiki says it's a: "1979 musical anti-war comedy-drama film".
Sure I was already anti-war at that point. My parents were teens/early 20's in England during WW2 (dad in military). Yeah, from their traumatic memories installed into me from a young age...I was and remain, anti-war (yet there is always war).

"In retrospect, "Hair" was massively promoted and was clearly part of a YOOGE manipulative PSYOP. Context is always key." I'm sure it was part of a psy-op but due to perspective, I believe there were positive messages too.

Yes, a lot of talent was launched from "Hair" and everyone knew the songs back then. I've never been all 'peace and love' because I know that's not realistic. I remain perplexed, for now, about the Age of Aquarius/5th Dimension connection lol, and wonder what other 'easter eggs' could be in the older songs. Thank you for adding some cool information!

“Hair” went hand in hand with drug culture promotion (tune in; turn on; drop out etc) mass inundation of drugs (weed LSD coke etc) and break down of societal norms/family structures (free sex, promiscuity). Yadda yadda. Under the veneer of liberation. A lot of the music felt truly uplifting although laced with deep programming decidedly STS. I was a “victim” LOL!

“Hair” went hand in hand with drug culture promotion (tune in; turn on; drop out etc) mass inundation of drugs (weed LSD coke etc) and break down of societal norms/family structures (free sex, promiscuity). Yadda yadda. Under the veneer of liberation. A lot of the music felt truly uplifting although laced with deep programming decidedly STS. I was a “victim” LOL!
Dude, your logic is killing my buzz. (hahaha...)
I'm more hippy now than then. I was rather straight-laced, no drugs, no promiscuity. Maybe I was already rebelling against the programming. You still feeling like a "victim" nowadays BH? If so, to quote Cher in "Moonstruck"..."Snap out of it!!"
:cool:

Dude, your logic is killing my buzz. (hahaha...)
I'm more hippy now than then. I was rather straight-laced, no drugs, no promiscuity. Maybe I was already rebelling against the programming. You still feeling like a "victim" nowadays BH? If so, to quote Cher in "Moonstruck"..."Snap out of it!!"
:cool:
Just joking around. I see it for what it was/is now - not at the time. Buzz-kills all over the place these days. Stoicism can be rather flat at times, I agree. Such a balancing act.

Whew, for a minute I thought MY joking around was taken wrong! I agree with what you said. I just like to believe that stoicism and humor can live in the same place, lol. It is indeed a balancing act.

Whew, for a minute I thought MY joking around was taken wrong! I agree with what you said. I just like to believe that stoicism and humor can live in the same place, lol. It is indeed a balancing act.
They are good pals, stoic and laughing. Stoics have a bad reputation for being serious and boring. That’s not the case for the updated model- The Stoic++RadicalVersion2020. I get monthly add ons with my subscription.

They are good pals, stoic and laughing. Stoics have a bad reputation for being serious and boring. That’s not the case for the updated model- The Stoic++RadicalVersion2020. I get monthly add ons with my subscription.
Google search says:
"Stoicism encourages people to focus on what they can control and accept what they cannot, leading to emotional resilience and inner strength. This mindset helps individuals manage stress, setbacks and uncertainties effectively."

The bad rap comes from those who are jealous obviously. Not only can we do all of the above, but we can crack jokes, suggest a fitting soundtrack and save humanity. Sucks to be them.

Your Stoic++RadicalVersion2020 with optional add-ons is definitely the Rolls Royce of Stoics. I am still using an older model, more like a Ford Pinto. It ain't pretty but it gets me where I need to go. (which is outta this nightmare 3D realm dear God where is the door???)

Sorry. My accelerator sticks sometimes. Carry on.

Google search says:
"Stoicism encourages people to focus on what they can control and accept what they cannot, leading to emotional resilience and inner strength. This mindset helps individuals manage stress, setbacks and uncertainties effectively."

The bad rap comes from those who are jealous obviously. Not only can we do all of the above, but we can crack jokes, suggest a fitting soundtrack and save humanity. Sucks to be them.

Your Stoic++RadicalVersion2020 with optional add-ons is definitely the Rolls Royce of Stoics. I am still using an older model, more like a Ford Pinto. It ain't pretty but it gets me where I need to go. (which is outta this nightmare 3D realm dear God where is the door???)

Sorry. My accelerator sticks sometimes. Carry on.
Well just coz I’m using the latest model doesn’t mean I always remember where I parked it. I couldn’t even find the keys for 6 months after my daughter was born last year, I didn’t realise until hindsight kicked my butt (again) that the daughter was an add on with potential to unload some of the things from the trunk I’d been driving around with. Not dead bodies but they might as well have been. Just when you think you’re good, life has a way of telling us that we’re not- not done yet…

Stoicism plus humour…. What a novel concept.
Ford pinto? C’mon…, I think you can get an upgrade ;-)

Well just coz I’m using the latest model doesn’t mean I always remember where I parked it. I couldn’t even find the keys for 6 months after my daughter was born last year, I didn’t realise until hindsight kicked my butt (again) that the daughter was an add on with potential to unload some of the things from the trunk I’d been driving around with. Not dead bodies but they might as well have been. Just when you think you’re good, life has a way of telling us that we’re not- not done yet…

Stoicism plus humour…. What a novel concept.
Ford pinto? C’mon…, I think you can get an upgrade ;-)
6 months? Oh geez, I lost mine for 6 years. Left my sense of humor in it too, so all I had was the stoicism.
I have twin daughters (adults now) so I really had to upgrade manually back then, add ons allover the place in duplicate sometimes. You're right, I think I deserve an upgrade now. (I learned to drive on a '74 Pinto...lol)

"Just when you think you're good..." Yeah, I noticed. I have had non-top frequent random disasters over years now. I dare not even say "today's good" because I almost feel like the Universe translates that as me saying "Bring it on bitches!"

That's interesting. Mars and Jupiter were conjunct on August 14th, but the moon was in the third house. An "alignment" could also mean an opposition, which will happen in about a year (or happened a year ago). I don't do charts so don't know where the moon will be then.

That's interesting. Mars and Jupiter were conjunct on August 14th, but the moon was in the third house. An "alignment" could also mean an opposition, which will happen in about a year (or happened a year ago). I don't do charts so don't know where the moon will be then.

Thank you for providing some information. I hear about Jupiter aligned with Mars occasionally but have not heard about the moon "in it's seventh house" or any house, actually. That appears to refer more to a spiritual or astrological positioning (in your birth chart maybe?).
I don't even know why I started thinking about this earlier, but when I remembered that the band was called "The 5th Dimension" my brain went into overdrive, lol.

Recall also the book by Marilyn Ferguson, “The Aquarian Conspiracy”. The Age of Aquarius helped popularise the new age psy-ops and Human Potential Movement etc that Ferguson’s book fed into. The remnants of which filtered through into my childhood in the eighties. I loved the song when I was a kid, then picked up and read The Aquarian Conspiracy. It launched my interest in topics of spirituality, science, ufology, etc. On the way through it all I experienced several disappointments and let downs as various systems of thinking did not make sense or were hypocritical. Then I finally found the FOTCM forum and this group of brilliant critical thinkers with broad interests in reality and the paranormal. It was a great relief as I finally started feeling grounded and sane. Unfortunately not everyone that walks the new age path finds their way to FOTCM or the like.

It all confirms that we are indeed in very interesting times.

Back
Top Bottom