The Alcubierre metric

Pierre Alix

The Force is Strong With This One
The Alcubierre metric, also known as the Alcubierre drive and the warp drive, is a metric tensor solution to Einstein's equations discovered in 1994 by Mexican physicist Miguel Alcubierre. The technical application of this discovery could theoretically allow a spacecraft to travel at superluminal speed, provided that a field with an energy density lower than a vacuum (via negative masses) can be created. I would like to know what you think about this?

Assuming Einstein's equations can be relied upon for such purposes. Which I doubt. Einstein himself was not very happy with them. That's why he was looking for his UFT.
It was while surfing the internet doing research on is it possible to exceed the speed of light that I was able to find a suggestion in an article talking about a discovery at the nanometric level of a space-time bubble corresponding to the hypothesis of the Alcubierre metric.

It was while surfing the internet doing research on is it possible to exceed the speed of light that I was able to find a suggestion in an article talking about a discovery at the nanometric level of a space-time bubble corresponding to the hypothesis of the Alcubierre metric.

I see it is based on research done for DARPA. Thus we can be sure that what has been published is either useless or leads astray.

Back
Top Bottom