The article "Medical Medium"

ytain

Jedi
I have to say that the article posted on SOTT.net about the "Medical Medium" ( https://www.sott.net/article/324668-A-medical-medium-speaks-about-the-stages-of-Epstein-Barr-virus-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome ) is very misleading.

The points that outright dismisses the information in the book or about the so called "medium" are following:
1. The "medium" hears a voice slightly hearing outside of one ear since the age of 4. And the lack of discernment during the conversation with the so called "Spirit". To me it feels like the voice is beamed at him "electronically". And that he is specifically chosen to carry the position of healer this century.
2. The diet advice he gives out in relation to eradication of EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus) is very low in fats and proteins and very high in carbs of natural kind (no processed foods). He does recommend no dairy though.
3. The book is written in a way that makes you turn off your critical thinking and make you accept at face value the "advice/suggestions" in the book. The "medium" doesn't give you a list of references to support his "advice/suggestions".
4. The "medium" does recommend fruits like dates/apples/other natural fruits like wild berries and as well coconut water/cucumber juice to replenish the electrolytes in the body, and as well curcumin/turmeric. We already know that most fruits are not that great for us when on Paleo/keto diet with the exception of wild berries. What he forgets is that the main ingredient of the turmeric (curcumin) is only absorbable in the body via a fat medium.
5. He makes the claim that the human body thrives on glucose while ignoring or denying the knowledge about the ketones.

Just my observation about the book and the article!

Thank you for your observation.

In my view it is information as good as any other.
I have been following his posts on facebook and have read his book Medical Medium, it seems to work very well for some people even relieving many ailments.
For some years in following my previous ideas and maybe sacred cows about very low carb and ketogenic diet as the answer for all health problems, I still have a very hard time realizing it, low carb doesn't seem to work for me :-( thought: I invested soo much!!

I applied some of his advice and felt very good. Crossing my personal observations with information in the book Nutrition and the Autonomic Nervous System checked some points valid for me and increasing carbhydrates

I guess optimal diet is as personal as each one of us.

Note that he doesn't condemn meat eating nor any of that stuff of vegan shenanigans. Simply focus on some substances that can be found mainly in fruit and some fresh vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom