The Bhagwad Gita and Julius Caesar

Faith-Hope and Love

Jedi
FOTCM Member
Around a week a half ago, there was an exchange I was having with Laura via email, and I having a certain query, was asked to share it on the forum.

I'm sure many of us are experiencing and going through alot at the present moment. Due to certain recurring interactions, reactions, behaviors and activities by people close to me, I decided to re-read the Bhagwad Gita ( Bhagavad Gita ), because I kind of recalled from my first reading, that it spoke of how the main character was faced by a certain dilemma and how he overcame it.
A brief synopsis of the Bhagwad Gita/ Bhagavad Gita:(Britannica.com)

Bhagavadgita, (Sanskrit: “Song of God”) an episode recorded in the great Sanskrit poem of the Hindus, the Mahabharata. It occupies chapters 23 to 40 of Book VI of the Mahabharata and is composed in the form of a dialogue between Prince Arjuna and Krishna, an avatar (incarnation) of the god Vishnu. Composed perhaps in the 1st or 2nd century ce, it is commonly known as the Gita.
' On the brink of a great battle between warring branches of the same family, Arjuna is suddenly overwhelmed with misgivings about the justice of killing so many people, some of whom are his friends and relatives, and expresses his qualms to Krishna, his charioteer—a combination bodyguard and court historian. Krishna’s reply expresses the central themes of the Gita. He persuades Arjuna to do his duty as a man born into the class of warriors, which is to fight ........'

I'm in no way certain of the events or settings of its origin, may it be historical, legend or myth, metaphoric or symbolic, but it does give some aid in understanding the dynamics in times of difficulty. Especially whilst dealing with Petty Tyrants of any type (more so if its people close to me), it enlightens one to the need to understand and embody the lesson of the virtue and weapon of detachment and forebearance.

Whilst reading the Gita , for some reason I remembered Julius Caesar and the dilemma he must have gone through mentally and emotionally before deciding to cross the Rubicon, because he was to engage in a war against his own people..(in spite of the fact that the war was warranted)......and this is the essence of what provoked the whole conversation in the Gita between Arjuna (our warrior hero in the Gita) and Krishna (god, higher self, "Arjuna in the future" :-) etc) ...because in seeing his relatives, friends and teachers as part of the opposing army, Arjuna felt pity and hesitated, and felt that the war was not necessitated nor warranted, despite the fact that he was the one wronged and had the righteous right to reclaim what had been stolen from him....any way , Krishna talked him out of it :thup:.
Arjuna was told that it was his duty as a prince and warrior to fight, and the way to fight without incurring negative karma, was to perform his duty without any desire, selflessly and without any attachment to results ie performing his actions whilst stabilized in the awareness of his true individualised spiritual self and in the remembrance of 'God', beyond any corporeal identifications.

So my initial query was, considering lack of accurate dating of when the Bhagwad Gita was written and keeping in mind aspects of non-linearity, is it possible that Julius Caesar is connected to the Bhagwad Gita's narration ie did the events of his life form the basis or in any way contribute to the additional composition and compilation of the Bhagwad Gita or is it just that Caesar, as maybe so many others, were acting out the same eternal dynamics depicted in the Gita ?.

But the C's said in Session 12 July 2014 that Julius Caesar " 'balanced Karma' and created a template that was not available until his time ".

Q: (Perceval) [Something about souls coming to Earth...] ...that Caesar had a great mission, perhaps? Or he saw the planet at the time, humanity at the time, and I'm assuming that... Was it a failure, or maybe it was not a matter of success or failure. What was his mission, or what were the tangible results of his mission? I mean, from what we understand, Rome went to hell after he died, and then got destroyed, if that timeline is actually correct. But, what did he achieve?
A: He balanced karma and created a template that was not available until his time. Mercy had never been demonstrated in such a way before. The problem, as always, is the STS domination of your realm. But Caesar did not fail. By his death he was glorified and remembered for over 2000 years even if only under a fake legend.

How did he balance karma? Was it individual or Collective Karma ? And if collective, to what level...the Roman Empire's karma in particular, or global/world karma or something in between ?
Coz for Caesar to "balance Karma" he had to be Egoless and have gone beyond any desires and attachments to the outcome of his actions and the war ie he was constantly in a state of total Non-attachment, a very 'high level calibre of an individual', I must add... or maybe I'm missing or not understanding something here?

My second query was, since C's having confirmed that they are Chateau Crews' (and maybe others) "us in the future" and considering the fact they are giving guidance at this time of "chaos and war" to and through Laura, and add to this, their underlining that one lesson we were to learn here on 3D ,was of NON-Anticipation which is basically Non-Attachment, as was also recently mentioned in the last session of Session 11 August 2018.

(Joe) I dunno if other people feel the same way, but these days I have a sense that the stuff going on in the world in terms of the political stuff, infighting, and that kind of stuff is increasingly kind of irrelevant in a certain sense...
A: It is. We have said that you should enjoy the show.
Q: (Andromeda) In other words, paying attention to it should be accompanied also by non-attachment. (L) I guess that's a very difficult state to achieve, and perhaps the object of the lesson?
A: Yes

.........(Query) is there any possibility that the C's were involved in any way in the inspiration of the narration and composition of the Bhagwad Gita, ie did/do:-) they have a role in its compilation ?

How did he balance karma? Was it individual or Collective Karma ? And if collective, to what level...the Roman Empire's karma in particular, or global/world karma or something in between ?

I'm not sure about the second two questions, but as for the first, this is how I've been thinking about karma lately. The purpose of the cosmos is the attainment of the highest value. In general, you could say that manifests itself by forging for yourself the best character you can, the best relationships, the best society and culture. It is a constant battle between the higher and the lower in oneself, and at all those other levels. You can be relatively successful, or a relative failure, based on the degree to which you manifest the 'best'. If you don't have knowledge, you can manifest evil instead.

Collectively, societies can manifest in either direction. Given the conditions obtaining at any given moment you can maintain the status quo, make things worse, or make things better. What Caesar did was to manifest a new value: mercy. He manifested others too, like evolution (as distinct from revolution and stagnation). He was like a shining star in a field of darkness. So in his character and his actions, which created not only a perfect life, but also a model and inspiration for others, he 'balanced the scales' by bringing a disproportionate 'amount' of good into the world.

Perhaps this is an overly simplistic analogy, but it would kind of be like a sports team that is historically terrible. But they have one amazing player who manages to raise them to an entirely new level and bring them to victory. He brings out the best in them. So, by virtue of not only his own exemplary talent, but also his positive effect on those who are not on his level, he achieves something that had not occurred and would not have occurred without him.

And maybe that answers the second two questions. He balanced individual and collective karma - whatever karma he had, and - to the degree that he incarnated higher values - the karma of his Roman society and even humanity at large, too.

Coz for Caesar to "balance Karma" he had to be Egoless and have gone beyond any desires and attachments to the outcome of his actions and the war ie he was constantly in a state of total Non-attachment, a very 'high level calibre of an individual', I must add... or maybe I'm missing or not understanding something here?

That sounds like a decent description to me. Only, he wasn't egoless in the sense of a Buddhist sage. He was just the master of his ego. He needed to eat, but he could eat simply or go without food when necessary for his higher purposes.

Back
Top Bottom