"The Big OM" - Stephen Russell aka "Barefoot Doctor"

Atuya

Padawan Learner
An email about this event was forwarded to me earlier today. From the website _http://thebigom.org/ (warning: terribly nauseating new age typesettings, graphics, and house music):
"Since ancient times, it's been known by mystics that the universe is based on sound... This event is going to be a portal into the new golden era of humanity and a healing for the world... A large London arena filled with fifteen to twenty thousand people, three of the world's top electronic deejays, a smattering of the world's great gurus, tai-chi masters, tai-chi troops dancing, lights, sounds, swirls, and me -- the barefoot doctor -- the world's grooviest, funkiest guru, leading the audience in the greatest sound healing that's ever been performed in human history..."

THE WORLD’S BIGGEST EVER MASS SOUND HEALING EVENT IS HAPPENING AT WEMBLEY ARENA ON 12.12.12

An electronic dance music extravaganza starring Barefoot Doctor and Basement Jaxx plus many others - culminating in 12,000 people chanting the Big OM

The Ancient Mayan calendar speaks of 21 December 2012 as the end of times and the beginning of a new cycle of evolution for planet earth, humanity and the cosmos. This prophecy has been hyped through media and Hollywood as an apocalyptic ‘end of the world’ scenario. However, the Mayan elders say that the ancients were informing the modern world to be ready for a giant transformation for the human race.

December 2012 is being looked upon as the time of a significant spiritual shift in the collective consciousness of the planet into this new Golden Age. That’s why 12,000 people will be assembling in Wembley Arena on 12.12.12 to experience The Big Om mass sound healing event – an event with the power at a quantum level to shift the vibration of the planet – which will be live-streamed around the world.The Big Om is a five hour shamanic journey lead by metaphysical guru and sound healer Barefoot Doctor, starring Basement Jaxx plus introducing some of today’s leading electronic dance music acts/DJ’s plus a variety of gurus talking over the beats, in an Ibiza-Super-Club style setting, all building to The Big Om – 12,000 people chanting the biggest Om in history, miked and fed back through the system, filtered, phased, gated, sub-bass added, electronic pulse beneath, the beat building, lights swirling over the crowd, and creating a sensation the crowd feels in its knickers, leading to a collective sound-light orgasm that makes the earth move.

Barefoot Doctor says “The Big Om started as a vision over 30 years ago on a mountainside in New Mexico, an image of thousands of people celebrating human evolution, chanting the sacred sound of the universe – the OM – together and causing such a powerful vibration, the whole world feels it as an undeniable blast of healing.” That vision will become a reality on 12.12.12.

For more information on The Big Om visit _www.thebigom.org
Doors open at 4.30pm (for Fast Track ticket holders) and 5.30pm (other ticket holders). Pre-show warm up starts 6pm Main Show starts 7pm and ends c11pm.
The show line-up has just been announced at _http://thebigom.org/show-line-up/
Physicists conclude the Universe is built primarily on a sound wave operating at 50 octaves below human hearing – they call it the background radiation wave. Ancient mystics called it the ‘OM’ (because that’s what it sounds like).
Sound healing, using vocal toning, crystal bowls, and electronically generated tones is growing hugely popular in the mind-body-spirit sector and many cutting edge EDM producers are using elements of it in their music – frequency is paramount. Using the correct frequencies combined with state of the art beats induces a hugely healing and uplifting shamanic trance state.
The UK police are using the benign aspects of sound technology in a big way for the first time to direct the flow of pedestrians at the Olympics. This same technology can be used to bring people to their knees.
For more information on Barefoot Doctor visit _www.barefootdoctorglobal.com
Follow us on Twitter _https://twitter.com/The_Big_Om @The_Big_Om
Like us on Facebook _http://www.facebook.com/TheBigOm

Basement Jaxx: providing a sonic under-swell on a grand scale playing with sonic frequencies and emitting a beautiful healing sound commensurate with their unparalleled musical ingenuity and soul.

Nightmares on Wax: expounding the realm of the OM with their world-class beats, tones and fat bottom end.

Hofer66 (Ibiza) back-to-backing the deep house with John Mool (Montpellier), Shovell (Nightmares on Wax, M-People)
giving it the shamanic beat, Howard Marks (Mr Nice), hero of epic proportions with a sound reminder to enjoy being alive , Jamie Catto (One Giant Leap): master of the good life inducing deep relaxation, John Parkin (F*ck It), spiritual master, getting everyone to let go and shout F*ck It to the heavens,

Amanda Louise Evelyn (Ibiza), master shaman hypnotizing everyone into the higher-self state.,

Golly beats and mantra mistress.

Katie Rose, master voice-smith putting the angelic touch into the OM

PLUS MORE MONSTER MUSIC ACTS and many more to be confirmed, to be announced soon…

This is shaping up, as per the original vision over 30 years ago, as a happening of an ilk not seen since Woodstock, one not to be missed (certainly not by me), and I’d love you to be there too.
My intuition is that the crescendo consisting in 12,000 people chanting the OM together for an hour, all miked up and brought back through the system, sub bass added and the whole sound wave amplified, underscored by subtle electronic arpeggios and pulses, will transmit a healing ray so powerful it’ll trigger the start of a new golden era for humanity.

But just in case the world really does come to an end on 21.12.12, at least we’ll have had one hell of a party to celebrate our existence.

OMmygosh...

Who is the "Barefoot Doctor"? On his website _http://www.barefootdoctorglobal.com he writes:
If you’re new, you may be wondering who I am – so here’s a quick resume.
I began practicing martial arts at the age of eleven. My life has been dedicated to exploring, interpreting, practicing and teaching the methods and philosophy of ancient Taoism ever since.
I’m a master of the Taoist martial arts - tai chi, xing yi, pa kua and white crane and a doctor of Chinese medicine. I’ve also been an avid student of philosophy, belief systems, spirituality and human potential.
I studied psychotherapy with RD Laing for three years and shamanism with the native American Indians of Taos, New Mexico for four years.
Returning to London in the early 80s, I ran the UK’s busiest acupuncture healing practice for 17 years, growing in acclaim and treating celebrities including Madonna, Naomi Campbell, Jade Jagger, the Pink Floyd etc
As well as being a master sound-healer and music producer, I am author of 16 books including HANDBOOK FOR THE URBAN WARRIOR, LIBERATION, MANIFESTO, and more recently PURE , THE MAN WHO DROVE WITH HIS EYES CLOSED and THE MESSAGE.
I wrote a weekly column for the UK’s national Sunday newspaper The Observer for five years, have been a regular on radio and national TV and hosted my own TV show.
I’m currently organizing THE BIG OM, at Wembley Arena, London 12.12.12, the biggest sound healing the world’s ever seen or heard, travel the world running workshops, doing talks, holding club nights, writing, making healing music, as well as teaching the Taoist way through my School for Warriors and Liberation training courses.

What are some of his "wisdoms"?
When your energy is strong and your spirits high, there’s nothing that can stand in your way or spoil your fun.
Drop your shoulders.
Lengthen your spine.
Straighten and broaden your hips.
Feel the joy.
Carry on as you were
You can exponentially multiply the benefits by meditating yourself to sleep and waking up with it too. So as you close your eyes to sleep, sink your mind back into the midbrain region and gaze into the void, then simply remain like that and fall asleep.
:lol: :lol: :zzz:
Because although it’s subtle if you try raising your breastbone a centimetre, while keeping the surrounding area still, so it’s just the breastbone lifting, you’ll spot yourself feeling instantly lighter, more confident and literally more in command of the space around you and your place in it. You’ll feel instantly like the king or the queen.
Keep focusing and watch the light expand beyond your physical form to produce an aura affect of near blinding intensity, powerful enough to both protect you from any negative energy and to subtly light up the area around you to attract good fortune and heal others for miles all around.
And carry on as you were.
Want more?
If you enjoy that, you might consider becoming a member so you can benefit from a whole host of members only content – including videos, and audio meditations, the weekly I Ching reading, and my monthly Liberation training. I’m here to support you, and this site and the Liberation training provide practical steps to finding freedom within, having more fun without, and achieving a sense of fulfilment from a passion-filled purposeful life.
And if those benefits weren't good enough, or too good to be true, one can always enroll in his "School for Warriors" _http://schoolforwarriors.com/buynow/ :
How You Can Change Every Aspect of Your Relationships, Health, Work, Financial World, Well-Being, and Happiness in Just Eight Weeks and in Just Five Minutes a Day With the Barefoot Doctor’s Prescription for Transformation

Dear Friend,

More powerful and confident.

Tremendously improve the fundamental mood of your days.

A smoother, more joyful, sexier, groovier and more effective performance all round.

Care less about the outcome of your day, your work, your effort, and be more intensely alive and engaged deeply.

Have fun while living an intensely busy, hard and demanding life in an intensely competitive environment.

Sound like the same old hype, right?

I wouldn’t believe it either if I hadn’t experienced it over and over, thousands of times.

I’m talking about the incredible results people got from the OLD version of School for Warriors. You might have heard the extraordinary success graduates had during the Five Elements video case studies we released over the last few weeks.

But Enough About Them, Let’s Talk About You.
Do you read books, go to seminars, invest in trainings that promise “a different way” and yet you never quite GET the permanent shift and changes in your life you want?

Never quite get the benefits, freedom, success, and happiness you crave?

It’s not your fault? And you are not alone…

It doesn’t take much to notice the world is spinning at warp speed toward a seeming abyss of stress, distress, or worse insanity.

Sane people who pay the least bit of attention live in a chronic state of anxiety, now matter how centered and calm they try to be.

Anxious and worried about…

The financial markets across the globe still quaking in uncertainty;

The BEST health care systems in the world can’t quite seem to heal the major KILLERS that wreak havoc on bodies, lives, and families;

Unhappiness in our relationships--families, friends, and work—drive people into chronic states of loneliness, sadness or depression.

People feel trapped in jobs that rob them of their creativity, zest for live, and joy…

Here’s What School For Warriors Will Do For YOU.
Give You a Genuine Powerful Inner Technology That’s Simple and Easy~

In these trying times it is vitally important to keep your MIND clear of the WORRY, DOUBT, and FEAR that your mind likes to create.

Show You How to Center Your Body~

This training gives you the facility to NOTICE when you are tilting off track. And Give you the facility to RIGHT yourself when you are off track.

Make Better Decisions~

When you are clear minded, present in your body, and your life are PRESENT and in PARTNERSHIP with the magic of life, the magic of the TAO.

Opportunities Find YOU~

When you empty yourself of your ego driven agenda you are you MOST attractive, generating the truest energy for LIFE.
FWIW, these successful graduates probably also taste good with ketchup.

Enough already :scared:. I hate to be a party-pooper, but this whole thing smells rotten and "The Big Om" sounds like a scam. And please don't point that "powerful healing ray" in my direction!

Back
Top Bottom