The book of the Cave

Debra

The Living Force
After reading several discussions and posts on the latest session this morning I was pondering on @Arwenn had written, regarding the parable of the sower.
Then I went for my afternoon nap.
I can’t remember if I dreamt, but I slept deeply.
After awakening feeling refreshed,I had a couple of smokes and I picked up my iPad and started checking my messages on Facebook.
On Facebook this title, and authors page came up in my feed, and following the link, here’s what it says:
“The Book of the Cave
The Parable of the Sower Meets The Da Vinci Code
What if Jesus had been a woman? A radical spiritual leader in ancient Palestine inspires women to find new ways of living in the world. These women struggle to live in a revolutionary new paradigm, in spite of furious and violent opposition.”

Here’s her Facebook write up:
“I’d love to share an opportunity to support the publication of my new novel, The Book of the Cave, a reimagining of what the world might have been like if Jesus was a woman. The book follows the story of a radical female spiritual leader who promotes ideas that threaten to destroy the foundation of the patriarchal society that suppresses her and her growing followers. It takes a hard look at misogyny and provides a bolder, more hopeful vision of a better future for women like Jezebel and explores what might have been had messages like hers not been so quickly buried.”

The first chapter is available here: The Book of the Cave. Preorders are being accepted for the next five weeks, with a goal of 750 preorders to secure publication.”

I think I’ll preorder the book...if anyone else is interested, here’s the link.

What for?
If I understand her statement correctly, once she reaches 750 “preorders” it will secure publication.

Or, are you asking me why I’m interested in obtaining and reading her book?
If that’s what you meant, I guess a couple short answers:
I’m interested in the synchronistic aspect of the comparison to the parable that I was pondering on, and the opening line of the books description.
She is a woman in the same age group as I am.
Shes a Canadian.
And, I’m interested in reading her points of view, and learning how much her fictionalization contains any real research and knowledge, if it has merit based on what I’ve learned.

Back
Top Bottom