The Dead Internet Theory

The dead Internet theory is an online conspiracy theory that asserts that, due to a coordinated and intentional effort, the Internet now consists mainly of bot activity and automatically generated content manipulated by algorithmic curation to control the population and minimize organic human activity. Proponents of the theory believe these social bots were created intentionally to help manipulate algorithms and boost search results in order to manipulate consumers. Some proponents of the theory accuse government agencies of using bots to manipulate public perception. The date given for this "death" is generally around 2016 or 2017. The dead Internet theory has gained traction because many of the observed phenomena are quantifiable, such as increased bot traffic, but the literature does not support the full theory.
I watched this video a while back, it's an edit of a longer 1.5 hour video, it's a good summary I guess. It's from that guy Destiny, some people probably know him, I don't know him that much, I just know he is a liberal advocating guy.

The video is pretty creepy, it shows his experience with bots and how it creates them instantaneously through some AI.

I watched this video a while back, it's an edit of a longer 1.5 hour video, it's a good summary I guess. It's from that guy Destiny, some people probably know him, I don't know him that much, I just know he is a liberal advocating guy.

The video is pretty creepy, it shows his experience with bots and how it creates them instantaneously through some AI.
Interesting Video, but the music is a little creepy and too dramatic. This reminded me of some X posts where I thought some posts were a little suspicious and were like a bot. As far as technological capabilities are concerned, it is all possible, if somebody chooses to go that way.

What gives credibility to the video is how fast the accounts are created, social media posts are churned out, backup images are posted for people to check the credentials, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom