The Gaia Project 2012

sHiZo963

Jedi
Hello all,

I just stumbled across an 'interesting' book. An old friend of mine is currently reading it and I went to check it out - it's called The Gaia Project 2012: The Earth's Coming Great Changes by Hwee-Yong Jang. I searched the forum and found no hits, but I'm wondering if any of you know anything about the book or its author.

Here's the Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Project-Earths-Coming-Changes/dp/0738710423

It appears to be a new book; publisher info is February 2007. This, however, is for the English version. The Korean version of the book has been around for a few years.

Description given:
According to Hwee-Yong Jang, the world as we know it will end in 2012. Are you ready?

Part of a grand cosmic plan called the Gaia project, the Earth is already undergoing a purification process-marked by natural disasters, disease, war, and social chaos-that will ultimately end in the planet's ascension to a new dimension. Jang's prophetic proclamation-communicated to him through channeling, dreams, and energy reading-explains countless mysteries about the world, including the origin of the Earth and mankind, the collapse of Lemuria and Atlantis, reincarnation, karma, crop circles, UFO sightings, auras, past-life memories, and more. This mind-blowing text also shows us how to prepare for this Great Change and take part in a universal expansion of consciousness.

About the Author
Hwee-Yong Jang's (Korea) life-changing practice of energy work and gi led to an interest in clairvoyance, reincarnation, the spiritual world, and UFOs. The message of the earth's Great Change was communicated to him through channeling, dreams, and energy reading.
The source is channeled. Also, it supposedly gives advice as to how to "prepare." Here's an excerpt from chapter one provided on Amazon:
Excerpted from Gaia Project: 2012; The Earth's Coming Great Changes by Hwee-Yong Jang. Copyright © 2007. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.

chapter one

outline of the gaia Project

The term "Gaia Project" (or simply "the Project") may sound very strange to most readers, except for people who have visited my website and have read segments of my "Meditation Records." The word "Gaia" first appeared in Greek mythology, referring to the earth goddess and later to "the self-controlling organic earth." Anyone who knows the meaning of the term might guess that Gaia Project is a sort of space project related to the earth, but soon might ask, "What kind of nonsense are you talking about?"

So far, the general public has not even recognized the possibility of highly developed life forms, similar to human beings, on other planets. When they hear that the universe is involved in changing and refreshing the earth and when they read about a huge cosmic operation relating to the earth, they may consider such information to be a hoax or merely science fiction. It's difficult for them to accept the idea that the earth was formed for a special purpose and that it has been operated under careful supervision of high-dimensional beings. Even people who accept the existence of highly intelligent life forms in outer space probably find it difficult to imagine that there are beings that give direct orders for running the earth. For that reason, people might guess that the Gaia Project must be a humorous, odd, or exaggerated expression for significant changes taking place on the earth.

However, regardless of popular opinions, there are in fact many beings who have taken part directly and indirectly in the operation of the earth since its formation, and there are many beings who have been sent to the earth for missions related to the Great Change. The Gaia Project, which includes all the plans from the earth's formation to its ascension to the fifth dimension, does really exist. Thus, if we understand the Gaia Project in its entirety, we not only know the history of the earth and its living beings, but we also naturally develop insight into humankind. The Gaia Project refers to a universe-wide plan related to the earth, one that has been carried out for a very long time. To understand the Gaia Project better, it may be necessary to have some basic background knowledge regarding how the universe is constituted and operated. The universe is mostly not materialized and is very different from the material earth, so that describing or explaining the universe in any human language is not an easy job at all. People on the earth can only roughly imagine the universe. With this fact in mind, only a brief explanation of the cosmic constitution and movement is presented here. As a related issue, chapter 7 explains how "being," or "consciousness," was originated.

Formation and Movement of the Universe

All things in the universe vibrate with their own frequencies. The universe is unfolded in such a manner that different worlds with different dimensions coexist simultaneously. Unlike notions of dimensions in mathematics and physics, a dimension in the universe indicates a band of vibration frequencies. The universe consists of ten dimensions: from the tenth dimension, with the highest frequencies to the first dimension, with the lowest frequencies. Everyone and everything in the universe belongs to one of the dimensions. Everything in the universe is laid out by the vibration of the tenth dimension, whose frequency is high enough to hold all of the information of the universe. As the frequencies get farther away from the origin of the universe, they gradually become lower and their roles become simpler. Even within the same dimension, there is quite a difference in frequency, and thus each dimension can be divided again into layers. These differences in dimension cause variations in terms of functions, purposes, and ways of existence, and the basic order of the universe can be said to be based on dimensions, or frequencies.

There are close to seven hundred galaxies in the unfolded universe. This number is vastly different from the one estimated by astrophysicists-tens of millions of galaxies. This difference comes from the fact that the stars, galaxies, and the universe that modern scientists observe are quite different from the real picture. The observation devices used by scientists sense light and waves belonging only to the material domain, so the worlds they recognize are different from the universe, which mostly belongs to the non-material domain. Thus, there is naturally a huge gap between the number of galaxies estimated by scientists and the number revealed here.

Each galaxy has its own formation principles and operation system, as well as its own inherent rules. Each galaxy, administered by beings of eighth- or ninth-dimensional frequencies, consists of several dimensions and is comprised of many stars with different characteristics. Each star has a particular dimensional frequency with its own unique function and mission. For instance, a certain star serves as the headquarters for a certain galaxy, while another star functions as a place of learning or as a library for a certain level of the universe. A star cluster can be composed of stars with the same or different dimensions.

In the tenth dimension, which has the highest frequency of vibration, there are five beings from the Origin of the universe, who are called in this book the "first consciousness of the universe," the "consciousnesses of the Origin," the "beings of the Origin," or, simply, the tenth-dimensional beings. They do not stay on a particular star, but instead spread out throughout the universe at all times in the form of light. The relationship among the five beings of the Origin is like a brotherhood or sisterhood. Since each possesses somewhat different characteristics and qualities, some differences exist in their roles.

The...(Continues)
Interesting that the book mentions higher dimensional beings and the Earth being "run" by them.

I did a little digging...

Doing a Google search on the book, I came across its homepage: http://www(dot)thegaiaproject(dot)net/index.php

Here, there is an OVERVIEW given of the Gaia Project:
A long time ago, some beings with negative and aggressive inclinations brought about massive outer space wars in certain parts of the galaxy where the earth belongs. As a result, the negativity of the galaxy increased more than before, disagreements and conflicts deepened among beings, and the harmony of the universe was shattered. Particular star clusters made attempts to overcome and purify the negativities, but their efforts were fruitless because the negativities were deep-rooted.

Facing this situation, the beings of the Origin came to take fundamental measures. Especially, the third Origin, which was greatly concerned about the direction of the universe, initiated a massive-scale project called the Gaia Project, which can move up the whole universe a notch.

The project plans include cultivating a special energy that enhances the connectivity to the Origin of the universe and increases receptivity to others and then dispersing the energy to the whole universe. Through this process, it intends to eliminate eventually any negative activities done by cosmic members and to achieve true harmony of the whole universe. For the project, a special being who can bring oneness into the whole universe was created by the consciousness of the Origin. And then, a special planet which can hold the energy of the special being was also created in the current location of the earth by several energy experts. Right after the creation of the special planet, or the earth, the special being was brought to the planet, and its special energy began to seep into every corner of the earth and started to mature. That happened about ten billion years ago.

Through a long period of maturation, the special earth energy reached its final stage of completion. But in order for the matured energy to effectively spread and penetrate into every star and every resident being in the universe, it was necessary to produce special ingredients, or “vaccines� customizing the earth’s energy to fit each star. To produce these vaccines, various beings of the universe including beings with negative energies were invited to the earth.

Before the public opening of the earth to the whole universe, the consciousness of the Origin along with the high dimensional beings designated to carry out the project (“The Project Guides� ) came to the earth first and opened the Lemuria period on the earth. Though the earth had been in a form of light since its creation, it changed to an etheric state at the time of their arrival. Soon, many beings of diverse consciousnesses began to flow in for the experience on the earth. Mostly possessing pure energy, the beings who came in the early Lemuria period could live with infinite pleasure in the pure and clear state of the earth about a million years ago.

As time passed by, beings with negative energy began to flock to the earth, and the situation gradually changed. Because, in an etheric state, beings with pure energy feel pain when they are exposed to the negative energy of others, the earth was decided to be materialized for the coexistence of all beings. Thus, entering the late Lemuria period, the earth changed to the material earth, as is perceived by human beings today.

Beings in the etheric state had complete flexibility and did not have life cycles, but as they began to wear solid, material shell, i.e., material bodies, four agonies of life—birth, old age, illness, and death—started to appear. Thus, the spiritual world where a being stays after leaving the material body was made, and the reincarnation system was introduced to the earth. Thereafter, all the beings on the earth started to move back and forth between the third-dimensional material world and the fourth-dimensional spiritual world.

Until today, the material earth has been administered as a learning place where a being with five senses can learn one by one through vivid experiences. During this course, human beings underwent either complete or partial historical breaks several times, such as the collapse of Lemuria, the submergence of Atlantis, and the occurrences of two great floods. Whenever the material world became ineffective as a self-learning place, the administrators of the earth temporarily ceased the history of human beings and made them start all over again to ensure effective experiences.

The million-year period necessary to produce the vaccines has passed, and it is time for the special energy, which is planned to be completed through the earth’s purification, to be dispersed to the universe. Having played a special role for the growth of the universe, the earth will soon be transformed into a common fifth dimensional planet. During this change, almost all beings, whose consciousnesses have grown through various experiences, will leave for another planet suitable to each being.

In the course of the earth’s purification and metamorphosis into a fifth dimensional planet, the current material world will totally collapse. This event will lead people to have an opportunity to recognize the fundamentals instead of material phenomena, to restore spirituality, and to realize that they have always been connected to the Origin. The Guides of the Gaia Project will start working with spiritual abilities necessary for their roles as they become self-awakened.
I don't know what to think of the above, which is why the more experienced channel watchers here ought to take a good look at this one. There's some similarities to the Cass material, but as far as what the OVERALL message is, whether it be YCYOR, buckets of love and light, or knowledge - can't tell much from what I've been able to read so far online.

The guy channeled most of this info; here's a brief history of his experiences:
As a scholar emphasizing rationality and objectivity, Dr. Jang started gi (energy) practice in the fall of 1997 because of a health problem. Sparked by this practice, he experienced a dramatic expansion of consciousness. Fundamental questions such as “Who am I?� and “What am I living for?� started to be automatically resolved through gi related experiences. By the summer of 2000, hoping that people will experience consciousness expansion from simply understanding the intangible energy world, he wrote his first book, What We See Is Not the Only Truth (in Korean language). After the publication of his first book, he came to have various spiritual experiences including past-life regression, channeling, dreaming, and energy reading. They stimulated his continuous self-awakening and eventually led him to fully understand the Gaia Project. In June of 2005, he wrote his second book, The Gaia Project (in Korean language).

Dr. Jang’s essay “Expansion of Consciousness toward the Multi-dimensional Universe� in the Message section of this website shows the process of his self-awakening until early 2005 in detail. For more information about his recent spiritual awakening, see his current essays.
Questions being "automatically" resolved throws a huge 'red flag' for me...

There's a bunch of essays written by this guy available at: http://www(dot)thegaiaproject(dot)net/message/index.php
that relate to the material in the book. I will start reading through them to see if I can find out more about what this material is really about.

See if you can confirm his "scholar" status, and in what field.

But in order for the matured energy to effectively spread and penetrate into every star and every resident being in the universe, it was necessary to produce special ingredients, or “vaccines" customizing the earth’s energy to fit each star. To produce these vaccines, various beings of the universe including beings with negative energies were invited to the earth.
Not that i understand what he is trying to say here, but the word "vaccines" jumped out at me as i was reading it, being the frenzy with how everyone should be vaccinated for this and that reason these days. Is he trying to get the word "vaccines" accepted by the populations? A thought i had.

Laura said:
See if you can confirm his "scholar" status, and in what field.
From his website hxxp://www.thegaiaproject.net/info/author.php

Hwee-Yong Jang, Ph.D., is a professor of business administration at Inha University where he has taught since 1995. Dr. Jang received a bachelor's degree in economics from Seoul National University in South Korea. After graduation, he had several jobs including a researcher position in Korean Development Institute (KDI). In 1979, he left for the USA to attend graduate school. Dr. Jang earned a master's degree in economics at the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities) and a Ph.D. in business administration at Purdue University. As a professor at the University of Maryland (College Park), he had earnestly researched on accounting and financial management for six years. After returning to Korea in 1993, Dr. Jang worked for Daewoo Economic Research Institute and later became an executive officer with the LG Group. In 1998, the Korea Accounting Association offered him an academic award given to the best-written article.

As a scholar emphasizing rationality and objectivity, Dr. Jang started gi (energy) practice in the fall of 1997 because of a health problem. Sparked by this practice, he experienced a dramatic expansion of consciousness. Fundamental questions such as “Who am I?

<< as far as what the OVERALL message is, whether it be YCYOR, buckets of love and light, or knowledge - can't tell much from what I've been able to read so far online. >>

Hi sHiZo963. Nor can I. Unfortunately, I don't really see anything intriguing in the above passages that would prompt me, personally, to want to investigate further.

Jang's publisher, Llewellyn Worldwide, represents a broad occult hodge-podge, is large by New Age standards ($16.5 million in gross sales annually, 125 employees, complete with an Acquisitions Editor, an MIS manager, and a Warehouse Coordinator who has to be able to lift 60 pounds), and old (founded 1901). It has published Aleister Crowley and loads of books on magick, witchcraft, paganism, Kabbalah, astrology, etc. All their UFO books are "nuts & bolts" types, and they do not touch the topic of aliens/ETs at all. All of this suggests that their level of discernment probably does not rise above "will this appeal to a lot of people?" I see also that they have been criticized for precisely this sort of "pandering" to the casually curious New Age fringe.

I know this doesn't reflect directly on the The Gaia Project, but association with a publisher this close to the mainstream suggests that the book is probably "harmless" to powerful interests. So, I'm just mentioning this for awareness and consideration.

Enochian Magic for Beginners anyone?
hXXp://www.llewellyn.com
hXXp://www.llewellyn.com/100years/100_event.php3?id=157

Hey all,

Thanks for all of your input, Irini and AdPop and Laura.

I've been reading through this guy's essays and have found nothing of substance - everything he says is so vague that it is really hard to figure out what he's REALLY saying. Apart from mentioning the coming Earth changes in terms of disasters and wars, and the mention of higher dimensional beings that run the whole show here on the BBM, it seems like this guy's message is cookie-cutter New Age (dis)info.

One of his messages go as follows:
Being Reborn through Waiting

It is a great pain for those who are attracted to the Gaia Project to wait for a clear realization about their future and themselves. Without knowing how long they should wait and how they will gain assurances, simply waiting induces great anxiousness and uneasiness. Although such waiting may be felt very painful, it purifies them and especially plays a role in preparing the Guides.…

The Guides who wear human bodies are the instruments of divine providence for the Gaia Project and thus must be prepared as such. For long, they have identified their bodies or personalities with themselves, but everything they have regarded as themselves or theirs must be emptied to be prepared as the instruments of divine providence.

- December 24, 2005
hxxp://www.thegaiaproject.net/message/extract.php?mode=view&code=136&pNo=1
Ahhh, the beauty of WAITING for a "clear" REALIZATION! Don't worry - even though you may feel uneasy about INaction, waiting actually PURIFIES you and prepares you for the Guides (???). I think we have finally found what this guy's message REALLY is - to wait and do nothing.

Some more note-worthy excerpts:
Meanwhile, the general public will be able to use the invaluable opportunity of the earth’s Great Change for their spiritual growth only if they are exposed to this book and accept its possibility at the least. At first, a majority of people may fully oppose or denounce this book or even slander the author. However, as they witness events which make it impossible for them to deny the book’s validity, their attitudes will change, and they will begin to rediscover the book’s value, read it sincerely, and then accept it. When this happens, The Gaia Project will have accomplished its original goal as “the guidebook of the earth’s Great Change� and will have opened the eyes of many people whose views are adherent to the material world.

Thus, people must know that The Gaia Project has come out and recognize its subject to some degree whether they like it or not. The work of writing and publishing The Gaia Project was done to shed light on the truth for humankind wandering in deep darkness, and its purpose will be accomplished as many earthlings actually read it. To this end, it is necessary for the readers who read this book early to promote this book voluntarily to the masses, which can be done naturally through various ways.

Making this book known to the world should not be depended on the people who fully accept it. Even the readers who do not clearly feel its value but only accept the possibility that the book may be of considerable importance will agree that this book should be known to as many people as possible. The trustworthiness of this book will be revealed as time passes by, but its existence needs to be known now even though it can be regarded as a fantasy novel based on the whole universe or nonsense of a megalomaniacal, elite professor. It is so because whether or not people can take advantage of the opportunity for spiritual leap will depend on the publicity of the book.
hxxp://www.thegaiaproject.net/message/index.php?mode=view&code=77&pNo=1
If the contents of this book are SO crucial to the "awakening" of the general public, why not make them publicly available? Why do readers have to promote the BOOK instead of its MESSAGE? The above is nothing more than a marketing strategy designed to make readers feel responsible for increasing the publicity of the book. Clearly, if the author felt his message is so important and actually cared about helping people "wake up" and get through the "Earth Changes," he would make this information publicly available with no strings attached, like SoTT and Cassiopaea.

Based on the above, here's what I think:
Jang's "research" in economics and accounting led him to the "enlightened" discovery of the New Age Industry market, where he can borrow ideas from other sources and put them into increasingly ambiguous sentences, claiming secret knowledge that will lead to Oneness and Wholeness, all the while making a good buck from the sale of his books.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, it may be more probable that Jang is just another "useful idiot" - that is, if he IS serious. Though, "as a scholar emphasizing rationality and objectivity," it's kind of strange that Jang would fall so easily for subjective "gi energy" experiences without analyzing/researching them objectively. Instead, he dives right into them and starts writing books...

The end result: more seekers get trapped in more New Age DIS-info and remain happily asleep, WAITing for some kind of divine sign while the world burns.

Irini, you also noticed the "fishyness" of Jang's message - total "acceptance" of all that happens. Thus, the overall message becomes: Accept Everything (let the world burn) and Wait (for a personalized realization of purpose). New Age DIS-info at its worst.

AdPop, your knowledge of the book's publisher clearly supports this analysis - thanks for sharing it.

I hope I didn't jump to any conclusions in the above. I haven't read the book (and don't plan to), but I will ask my friend to give me a summary when he's done reading it. I will report back when (and if) that happens.

This was fun :)

Just finished reading the book, i work at a book industry magazine where we get lots of galleys. It's a strange little book, translation is what you might call charmingly inept, but the guy is serious. Or that's how it reads, anyway.

The Plan itself is sketched with zero attribution or explanation as to how he received the knowledge, though he does mention past-life regression with a few people where they turn up on the star Sirius ...

i'll try to sum up best i can, but dude is serious when he says you need to read it if you want to get it.
ok, most of the case you've got against him here isn't valid because it assumes that the world he's talking about is the earth, ie the material world, ie people, towns, cities, countries, solid ground, etc. he's not. he's talking about an immaterial, higher-dimensional world of conscious, free-form beings who hang around stars expanding their consciousness by grooving on energy and "having experiences."

that, for Jang, is the real world. this, reality as we know it, is something else, called the Gaia Project.
this is where is stars to get a little douglas adamsian...

earth itself was actually designed by beings in the 9th and 10th dimensions as a consciousness-raising scheme for the whole universe. it's a kind of school (apparently, schools are popular in the real world), but a special one, designed to provide every possible kind of "experience," and which also would create a new kind of energy when the project runs its course and the earth ascends into the fifth dimension and (i think) merges with the home office on Sirius.

since it was "opened" millions of years ago, anyone in the universe can come to earth to learn. eventually, the administrators of the earth decided it needed to be made material, and in the materialization they set up a system of reincarnation for the beings that would allow them to live as many lives as they could and as anything they want (animal, vegetable, possibly mineral?). that's us. we're the immaterial beings trapped in material bodies. when we die, we leave our human shell behind, regain memory of all our past lives, and end up in a fourth-dimensional space around the earth, where we rest and plan our next life, according to a karma-esque balancing act of deeds done and lessons learned. of course, the process of reincarnation wipes out almost every trace of our memory, which is good because it makes learning more efficient.

but don't get too attached to it. according to Jang's calculations, earth's ascension is scheduled for the end of 2012. in fact, they shut down the fourth-dimensional space where the dead people go back in 2005. apparently, anyone who dies between then and 2012 will have to go directly into the space ships.

no, i'm not kidding.

of course the time leading up to the ascension will be a time of purification for the earth and for each of us, but for the earth especially. natural disasters, climate change, and, apparently, the imminent shift in the earth's axis are all just part of the process. a lot of people are going to die, but it'll be ok, and the people who make it will get to ascend to the fifth dimension with the earth. but even if you don't, you'll still be cool: either your consciousness level gets raised and you can cruise the universe, or you get shuttled to another world by a higher-up.

anyway, his main points of advice can be summed up pretty neatly: don't panic.

he closes the book with another ballsy statement of authenticity: "This is the only guidebook of the earth's Great Change, which is in process now. This is the alpha and the omega for resolving the numerous fundamental questions of life. Here is the core truth that all of the people living on the earth surely need to read and understand."

so i guess i'm covered then.

ps. interestingly enough, he never references the 2012 connection to the Mayans who had this hyper-sophisticated calendar with an interesting feature -- an end, or what one might called an unprecedented historical event that changes the nature of reality -- scheduled for, yes, 2012.

pps. and which was the subject of Daniel Pinchbeck's 2006 title 2012: The Return of Qeutzlcoatl, which i read, and liked, and caused me to notice Gaia Project in the first place...

Within the consciousness that “we are all one,� look deep into your self and accept everything happening to you without any reservation. However difficult the things happening may be felt, you will understand and accept them and even feel harmony in them if you watch the things happening, staying in the consciousness of the wholeness.
I agree, looking deep into ourselves is helpful. One of the main steps of the Work as I understand it is to observe ourselves without judgment, which in turn is "accepting" all that happens, because this is the first step which is basically "collecting data". But it's temporary - it's needed only so we can get some idea of just how programmed we are, and get a sense of what we REALLY do, what others really do, etc. But it's only necessary so that we can figure out a constructive and conscious way to DO something once we figure out what we choose to do, how, and why.

What he seems to mean by "accept" is to literally allow it all to happen, and stop at that point. I love analogies so let me try one. Let's say you're a bug caught in a spider web. The more you struggle the more it wraps around you. So it is vital to stop mechanically struggling and to observe and accept your predicament for a while - but ONLY so you can collect data, analyze it objectively, and be able to devise a constructive and useful course of action that can liberate you. In no way does it mean that we should just allow the spider to eat us and like it! So he appears to miss the point - the point of intense self-observation and non-judgment is not so we become passive and do nothing, as this always ends up with the spider eating us. But the point is so that we can escape, and just as it is in the Matrix we live in so it is in a spider web - mechanical actions are expected by the predator and only work against us and get us nowhere. Similarly, inaction, and looking at anything as "we're all one" - on our level this is no different than mechanical action. The spider will eat the fly if the fly does not struggle, and will also eat it when it does mechanically struggle. So the fly's only solution is to DO, if it can.

My friend was finally able to get back to me about this book. His review isn't too insightful, but interesting nonetheless.
My friend is "K" and I am "M," straight from the instant messenger :):
K: it was poorly written
M: what was the message?
K: basically that mind is such a strong tool that its the only thing we can rely on to be able to prepare for the new shift in consciousness that is coming in 2012
M: ok.. and how to prepare?
K: well, its alot to do with opening your mind outside of the box. distinguishing that normal/abnormal doesnt mean good/bad
M: what does opening your mind mean?
K: basically what he says in the closing chapter is that believing in this book will help you spiritually through this period, help you recognize the signs of the great change
M: "believing in this book" ... sounds like the bible
K: he believs a lot in meditation, breathing techniques, and obviously being able to drop pre-conceived notions
honestly, i didn't get a lot out of this book as i had hoped
M: it seems so ambitious, is all
K: he says to prepare, we need to focus on the present more than the past or future and inner feelings instead of common sense
yeah, all in all, it was a waste, and a dissapointment. it sounded sweet when i first picked it up
The "belief" aspect of it stood out as a red flag to me; seems to corroborate what schultmh said about the book:
schultmh said:
he closes the book with another ballsy statement of authenticity: "This is the only guidebook of the earth's Great Change, which is in process now. This is the alpha and the omega for resolving the numerous fundamental questions of life. Here is the core truth that all of the people living on the earth surely need to read and understand."

so i guess i'm covered then.

Back
Top Bottom