The Magic Pill

Tristan

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Synopsis

What if most of our modern diseases are really just symptoms of the same problem? The Magic Pill follows doctors, patients, scientists, chefs, farmers and journalists from around the globe who are combating illness through a paradigm shift in eating. And this simple change – embracing fat as our main fuel – is showing profound promise in improving the health of people, animals and the planet.

https://youtu.be/61GitUC_678

Here you are Nora Gedgaudas' review:

http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/the-magic-pill/

Excerpt:
Unlike the glut of suspiciously well funded fringe propaganda films of late, this film presented real science and scientists, solid researchers and experts, and did a great job of showing just how antiquated our officially sanctioned dietary guidelines are. It also followed the real stories of a number of different individuals struggling with a variety of serious health problems and showed the remarkable results of what happened when they made dietary changes. The dietary approach these people adopted was essentially the approach I talk about in my books (low carb, higher fat in alignment with our human evolutionary and genetic heritage). In just a few weeks, the transformations demonstrated by these individuals were truly remarkable. Hint: keep Kleenex handy. The stories were well told and deeply moving.

Joel Salatin gave the best interview of his life. The trial of Dr. Timothy Noakes in South Africa was poignant and powerful— and the filmmaker even managed to be there and capture on film the very moment the verdict was handed down. Nina Teicholz was of course brilliant and did a superb job of sharing the background and solid science behind all the misinformation and disinformation that has plagued our culture and misguided health policy landscape for too many decades. My friend, Lierre Keith was also wonderfully articulate and supplied her own brand of moving testimony. Let’s just say that it was an all-star cast and riveting from start to finish.

PS. The Magic Pill is available on iTunes, Amazon, and Vimeo.

I watched this film last night and I thought it was Wonderful! It is SO GOOD to see the truth of this very important subject out in the public eye. The health benefits for the particular people the film followed over several months where miraculous, really. To see how their lives where improved and their reactions of joy brought tears to my eyes. The last scene was beautifully done along with the music. Australian aboriginal dancers, dancing under a starry, night sky with the unsaid message of living (and eating) in harmony with Nature and valuing the wisdom to be found there.

A family member recommended this film to me knowing I've been practicing the keto diet for several years. The next time we meet I'll be lending Nora Gedgaudas book, Primal Body, Primal Mind to him and his wife who have been struggling with their own health issues related to diet. I watched this on Netflix so its there as well. Very inspiring!

Thanks for the thread, Tristan.

Just saw this a couple/few days ago and thought it was really good and well done. It was great to see the changes in the people featured after just a few weeks - especially the child. I also liked the interview with Lierre Keith. Joel Salatin knocked it out of the ballpark as with his explanation of his farming practices.

I think this film would be very beneficial for people trying to get off the standard American diet, but unfortunately (and understandably) didn't get much publicity which is a shame.

I have similar thoughts as previous posters, thanks for the thread, Tristan!

It explained most of the diet concepts I've been learning here in a very easy to digest and moving way and seeing the relief on the diabetics face gave me joy. Was a pleasure to see Lierre Keith in it, and thought she gave a good talk.

I didn't realise the diet was so powerful for autistic children either, I found that especially moving. Always learning!

The movie followed a few different families and people at a retreat on their progress starting out the with Keto/Low-Carb diet.

I posted this on facebook, and my friend had happened to stumble upon this quite hilarious review of the documentary from the daily mail:
__dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4750540/Pete-Evans-new-documentary-Magic-Pill-slammed-AMA.html

Doctors are not so pleased about it's release it seems.

For those who have overlooked it. It seems that is raising controversy:
The current controversy erupted when Australian Medical Association (AMA) president Dr. Tony Bartone publicly stated that Netflix Australia, which is currently streaming the documentary, should "do the responsible thing" by removing the film from its programming. From Buzzfeed:
"People out there are vulnerable to the messaging," Bartone told The Sydney Morning Herald, explaining that decades of research currently existed to back up the healthy eating guidelines.

"I respect Pete Evans' ability and expertise in the kitchen, but that's where it begins and ends."​

Keto Kontroversy: Australian Medical Assn. Puts Pressure on Netflix to Remove 'The Magic Pill' Paleo-Keto Documentary -- Sott.net (a piece published at Sott.net about it)

The ABC recently ran an article about The Magic Pill, and apparently asked Pete Evans for his comment. He gave it but apparently they didn't publish it.

Here's the ABC article: -http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-06-21/pete-evans-diet-doco-magic-pill-health-claims-evaluated/9891470-
And Pete Evans posted this response on his fb page:

Is this the stupidest article on our movie “the magic pill” yet by the ABC? They asked me for a comment for the article in relation to the AMA and decided not to publish it but I have included it below for anyone that would like to see my response. Oh and you have to have a giggle at their “experts” they have chosen.
1f923.png
🤣

My response....
You will need to ask them first (AMA) if they have even watched the film in it’s entirety. Then you might like to ask why they see that what we are sharing, which is the celebration of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, is a cause for alarm for them, however, they don’t seem to be asking the tv networks, the radio stations or the mainstream magazines that advertise (promote) fast food, processed food and junk food on the screens, airwaves and pages every single day, to remove them instead.

Why does real un processed food cause so much concern from our medical association. While you are asking them, you may wish to also ask them why only aprox 25% of doctors are now part of the AMA, when 40 years ago they had about 97% of doctors a part of the AMA. At the rate they are going it looks like they wont be around for much longer or even relevant. So many doctors are embarrassed by the AMA’s criticisms to a movie that is promoting prevention at its core message and when 70-80% of chronic illness is diet related then doesn’t it make sense to look at preventive measures first and foremost. We also say in the film to always consult with your health professional. Does eating a non inflammatory diet have the potential of hurting an industry that is set up around people being and remaining sick?

By the way, if you want to follow him, search for 'Chef Pete Evans'

Edited to make the link dead....which hasn't worked apparently! I'll take a look in the 'New Forum Layout' thread

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to watch the movie? I can't find it on Netflix - did they pull the plug?

Does anyone know where to watch the movie? I can't find it on Netflix - did they pull the plug?

I don't think they pulled it. I still have it listed on Netflix under 'recently watched'. I hit play and the movie loaded just fine. I'm in the U.S., so maybe it's not available in your country just yet?

Reactions: luc
Thank you everyone, yes, it seems it's not available in my country. Was just confused that I got an error on all the netflix sites, but I guess they filter peeps out by country. Will try it on youtube.

BTW, while searching for it on YT, I was shocked about all those "magic pill debunked" videos that came up, mostly from vegans and the like. Looks like there is some damage control going on, even if it's just a combination of triggered ideologues and algorithms.

Thanks again!

No surprise that Evans is being attacked. His approach would slowly destroy the "economic model" on which AMA and Pharma makes money.

The potential to deliver “one shot cures” is one of the most attractive aspects of gene therapy, genetically engineered cell therapy, and gene editing. However, such treatments offer a very different outlook with regard to recurring revenue versus chronic therapies... While this proposition carries tremendous value for patients and society, it could represent a challenge for genome medicine developers looking for sustained cash flow.

“Is curing patients a sustainable business model?” Goldman Sachs analysts ask

Thank you everyone, yes, it seems it's not available in my country. Was just confused that I got an error on all the netflix sites, but I guess they filter peeps out by country. Will try it on youtube.

BTW, while searching for it on YT, I was shocked about all those "magic pill debunked" videos that came up, mostly from vegans and the like. Looks like there is some damage control going on, even if it's just a combination of triggered ideologues and algorithms.

Thanks again!
You should be able to find it here:
Watch The Magic Pill Online | Vimeo On Demand

Back
Top Bottom