The Mist (Tv Series 2017)

Divide by Zero

The Living Force
The Mist is a story by Stephen King which was originally made into a movie.
The movie was a typical monsters story, nothing much to think about besides the idea of the monsters coming from another dimension.

But the TV show has a more interesting spin. The acting and plot leaps are not good, but the premise and story base is.

This is not a spoiler since you learn about it in the first episode.

This time, the mist causes people to face their fears/guilts. It made me think of the C's saying how the transition will be like passing through the valley of the shadow. In some cases it creates horrible physical death due to creatures, other humans or what not. In some cases others see it, so it's not just an internal hallucination.

No, it seems like its a manifestation. Whatever the person exposed to the mist holds with them ends up messing with them or killing them.

It seems like a bleed through, but instead of the typical monsters for everyone as in the movie, it's more interesting to think of how everyone in the mist ends up facing their own selves (in a way), despite it seeming like it's from "the outside" - because they brought it into being. I keep getting this feeling that might be the big pitfall that many will face if things transition to 4d , where physicality is flexible.

Spoiler alert--------------------

Acting is so-so, kind of dissapointing, but I watch it with curiosity as to what develops. There is also the mystery of what brought about this mist, a military test? nature? We still don't know and the next episode is the finale...

They opened up more on the phenomenon of the mist and how people act during stressful times.

Some people start lying and manipulating in order to control or ensure their own survival.
One of the main characters does horrific things- psychopathic almost, he even rehearses a lie to make sure that his friend believes him and still "loves him".

In the latest episode the main protagonist ends up in the mist by accident. He faces guilt of a man he couldn't help/save from death which progressed to him facing himself. He had to fight himself off in order to break free. He had to fight for his true self, true ego- against that guilt.

Another character seems to be able to face the mist without any death is an old woman who is sort of a wiccan/naturalist. She was interesting as she explained nature in a similar way to the idea of two faces of god.
People started following her as some sort of "religious leader" and she became more and more unempathetic towards people. It was like she lost her humanity and talks like she's some kind of chosen one. I feel like something unexpected will happen to her due to her hubris.

Been meaning to check this one out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, DBZ. I'll probably chime in with my opinion once I've seen it.

The season finale was bad. There were many plot inconsistencies, forgetting key ideas that were introduced. I don't recommend this series after seeing how it turned out.

Divide By Zero said:
The season finale was bad. There were many plot inconsistencies, forgetting key ideas that were introduced. I don't recommend this series after seeing how it turned out.

I concur. The concept I thought they were trying to introduce was contradicted towards the end, and not even in a small way. :O

Back
Top Bottom