The most hated family in america

I received an email today from a (now confessed primate) friend of mine who is living the UK, it is interesting to see just how effective the tshirt wearing disinformation was at associating SOTT with negative slander and reiterating just how great a threat this site is percieved by PTB:

friend said:
well i hope that things are cool anyway, and give us a shout if and when you are back again. don't read that signs of the times stuff too much, or if you do find some other stuff to balance it just like they do on any news programme. it reminds me that there was a louis theroux programme on the other day - 'the most hated family in america' - about a neochristian anti-gay anti-everything family who went out with banners on the streets telling people how much they sinned, even though their kids got slush cartons thrown at them from cars.

anyway one of the family members had a signs-of-the-times.com t-shirt. some folk get wrapped up in the idea that everything is wrong, everyone are sinners, just got to find out the one truth. but it is more likely that we are just monkeys who quite like pooing and laughing and shagging. see you soon,
the media has done a great job of distracting him and keeping him 'asleep'.

Back in the news. The keeping using their children...

_http://cjonline.com/stories/070607/loc_182565377.shtml

Phelps family member charged after son steps on flag
By Oskar Garcia
The Associated Press
Published Friday, July 06, 2007

A Topeka woman whose church protests at military funerals across the nation was charged Thursday with four misdemeanors after her son stomped on a U.S. flag during a demonstration in Bellevue.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, 49, was charged with negligent child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, flag mutilation and disturbing the peace.

"I have not failed to do my duty to my children, to my God or to my fellow countrymen, and I take my job dead serious," Phelps-Roper said Thursday, vowing to aggressively fight the charges.

The charges were filed in Sarpy County Court by County Attorney Lee Polikov. A message left Thursday afternoon for Polikov wasn't immediately returned.

Phelps-Roper said Polikov "has pointed the big guns of government at my liberty and at my children."

The American Civil Liberties Union likely will represent Phelps-Roper and was waiting for official approval from its board, said Laurel Marsh, executive director of ACLU Nebraska.

Phelps-Roper acknowledged she allowed her 10-year-old son, Jonah, to stand on the flag. She said the act qualifies as freedom of expression, and she promises to challenge the constitutionality of the flag-mutilation charge. She noted that the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down laws forbidding flag desecration.

According to Nebraska's flag law, "A person commits the offense of mutilating a flag if such person intentionally casts contempt or ridicule upon a flag by mutilating, defacing, defiling, burning or trampling upon such flag."

Phelps-Roper is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church and the daughter of the church's founder, Pastor Fred Phelps.

Phelps-Roper said church members have protested at hundreds of military funerals across the country for 17 years. Westboro's message during funeral protests is that the soldier deaths are God's punishment for the nation accepting homosexuals.

The Bellevue funeral was for Nebraska Army National Guard Spc. William "Bill" Bailey, who was killed May 25 when an explosive device struck his vehicle in Iraq.

This documentary was appaling to say the least. I saw it a few months ago on demand, but after reading this thread and seeing it is several years old made me question why it was on demand(on cable) in the first place? I rarely will watch teleision, but once in a while I will watch a film.

Ursus said:
I saw it a few nights back. It was heart-wrenching seeing that little girl at the roadside, and being asked whether she actually knew what the signs meant... not a clue and it's funny, Shirley Phelps actually seemed kinda surprised by that; it was a pretty embarrassing - though somewhat relieving for a normal person - revelation for her it seemed. The slightly older boy didn't really know either; he was just towing the family line, using the words and not understanding the meaning. Probably not feeling the meaning either, that's battered out of them by that monstrous creature of a mother and grandfather. I mean, those people even look hideous as if reflecting their inner nature.

At one point, Louis Theroux was interviewing one of the daughters in her car, asking questions about her getting married and falling in love. I don't know about anyone else, but I really got a sense with her that she had some semblence of a conscience underneath, and it had her in a battle with her self. Louis caught onto that it seemed, but he was constantly met with this brick wall of indoctrination. Tears were welling up in her eyes, I'm sure of it...

*shudder* To think of those children around that cold, slimy "creature on the second floor" Fred Phelps just makes my skin crawl!

If you want to see it, somebody uploaded the whole programme - in clips - onto YouTube. Just search the title.

I was also relieved to see the children not understanding the signs.

Tigersoap said:
Peam said:
The thing I thought of was that by wearing those T shirts and spouting all that rhetoric and bile, it could put the seeds of a connection to their beliefs by someone who may see any merchandise or sign or link pointing to Cass. They won’t notice the ‘net’ bit at the end and other differences, they’ll just notice the words association and at the back of their mind they’ll switch off and think “hmm, signs of the times = cult.�

it seems like too much of a coincidence. Could there be a hidden helping hand from cointelpro in there somewhere?
I had that impression too.
Louis Theroux's documentaries are pretty well known so I suppose I lot of persons have been watching it.

I had this impression also.

Tigersoap said:
Peam said:
The thing I thought of was that by wearing those T shirts and spouting all that rhetoric and bile, it could put the seeds of a connection to their beliefs by someone who may see any merchandise or sign or link pointing to Cass. They won’t notice the ‘net’ bit at the end and other differences, they’ll just notice the words association and at the back of their mind they’ll switch off and think “hmm, signs of the times = cult.�

it seems like too much of a coincidence. Could there be a hidden helping hand from cointelpro in there somewhere?
I had that impression too.
Louis Theroux's documentaries are pretty well known so I suppose I lot of persons have been watching it.

I concur.

Most people won't make the difference between their t-shirt and the actual SOTT website. So everything associated to it (such as the Cassiopaean experiment) will be discredited.

It is clear for me that Laura et al. are "threats" to the consortium. So I don't think this is a mere coincidence.

Anyhow, I did check at their website briefly and it seems that they are putting a lot of efforts in trying to impose their crap to everyone. So I think it really might be more than just a handful of religious nuts. But I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom