The objective state of consciousness

ana

The Living Force
Hello again,

I've been thinking about this, after reading the first chapter of Ouspensky Fourth way.
He says it is not possible for the moment to be fully aware, and we can only try to be conscious of ourselves every time we remember.
He says to, there is no need to be aware of the instinctive functions because it is aware of himself.

So what I do not understand in its entirety is what the instinct exactly is.
If instinct is aware of himself; then someone who really comes into contact with his instinct will be in any way becoming aware as a result? :huh:

Seems to me the only possible state for the permanent objective state of consciousness should be the union with the one, as every illusory state of separation of the whole, is by force equipped with subjectivity.

ana said:
He says to, there is no need to be aware of the instinctive functions because it is aware of himself.

So what I do not understand in its entirety is what the instinct exactly is.

From what I understand, "the instinctive functions being aware of themselves" means that the instinct works well from the beginning. It's an autonomous function that is operational, not like walking or cycling that we have to learn.

It's a set of knowledge, a way of perceiving things. It usually works very fast so sometimes you can identify it as being the first feeling, the perception you get when you meet someone from the first time, or you visit a place for the first time.

If instinct is aware of himself; then someone who really comes into contact with his instinct will be in any way becoming aware as a result? :huh:

I guess we are often in contact with our instinct but the issue is that the instinct messages get mixed with our beliefs, our programs, our preconceptions, our rationalization, our programs.

So in a sense someone who manages to be in touch with his instinct has already managed to discern it from other sources (beliefs, preconceptions...)

Seems to me the only possible state for the permanent objective state of consciousness should be the union with the one, as every illusory state of separation of the whole, is by force equipped with subjectivity.

Ultimately yes, this perfection, this oneness is 7th density but to reach it we have to climb the ladder : 3rd density, 4th density, etc.

So as human being, if we want to walk this path we have to see the world as objectively as possible within our limited 3D perceptual framework.

are instinct and instinctive functions alike?

I observe instinctive functions, i think I am at least, when there is nothing going on and i turn to observing tactile sensations (warm sun on my back, breeze against my face), sounds I can not help but hear, heart beat, stomach, muscles relaxing or contracting.

where as I am thinking that instinct would originate from instinctive sub-level of any of the centers. for instance swatting a fly biting me may originate from the instinctive and emotional sub-levels of the moving function? I can choose to not kill the fly and swoosh it away if I am aware of my identification at that time.

does this make sense? or am I over complicating the matter?

Back
Top Bottom