Time jump or faulty clock

SHNAGFNAY

Jedi Master
I had two weird mornings recently.

Two days ago I thought I was going to be late for work but got there early. I believe there was a time jump, or an error with either me or the clock, because I recall looking at the alarm clock that showed 6:30 something, but more than halfway to work, in fact almost there, my wristwatch showed 6:20 something.

My alarm clock is set on 6:00 am, with work beginning at 7. I am almost never late for work and mostly get there just in time. It takes me about 30 minutes to walk and change outfit. But this was really weird and convenient that I got there early rather than late.

I keep wondering if there was some 4d being around toying with me. Coming home after work I compared my wristwatch with my alarm clock, and they are showing the same exact time. Just to give some details, is that my wristwatch is atomic, but I don't see how that would cause an misreading, as I got to work early.

I remember that I turned off the alarm as I usually do just to lie in bed a few more minutes. But this time I fell asleep and upon waking up I found myself in different states of being, changing from one to the other, and quickly forgetting those states as I found myself in the new one. I would think they are states I had in the past because I recognized them.

The next day, which was yesterday, I also had something similar happen with me being in different or older modes, I also had peculiar dreams, but I can't recall them now.
I wish I had sharper memory.

And today I feel different, something has changed with me, at least for now, as I lost some sensation or focus in my right front forehead. But sensations in my head has always changed.

The most likely explanation is that I must have misread the alarm clock to begin with, but I remember looking at it and getting a hugh sigh within as I knew I was going to be late.

The most likely explanation is that I must have misread the alarm clock to begin with,

It's possible, you may have misread the clock, unless you are 100% certain you read it right?? And the clocks not faulty??

I remember that I turned off the alarm as I usually do just to lie in bed a few more minutes. But this time I fell asleep

Ive done this before, falling back asleep after turning the alarm off, waking up in a bit of a sleepy panic and at first glance misread the clock, only to take a closer look and realise, I misread the clock the first time.

However, anything is possible. I would rule out the obvious first.

It's possible, you may have misread the clock, unless you are 100% certain you read it right?? And the clocks not faulty??

At that moment I was certain, but now I am uncertain. The clock has never been faulty before. My clock can either be turned off or snoozed ten minutes, but that day I turned it off.

I mean, I can't have been asleep for long because of my wristwatch showing 6:20 being almost at work when the alarm rang 6, that means I must have gone out the door around the same time the alarm rang, or earlier.

At that moment I was certain, but now I am uncertain. The clock has never been faulty before. My clock can either be turned off or snoozed ten minutes, but that day I turned it off.

I mean, I can't have been asleep for long because of my wristwatch showing 6:20 being almost at work when the alarm rang 6, that means I must have gone out the door around the same time the alarm rang, or earlier.
Could you have dreamed looking at the clock? It's pretty common to confuse if you are awake or not if you fall asleep quickly, it's happened to me many times, usually only happens when I'm very tired.

Could you have dreamed looking at the clock? It's pretty common to confuse if you are awake or not if you fall asleep quickly, it's happened to me many times, usually only happens when I'm very tired.
Also I know the alarm clock didn't go off, maybe sub consciousness you knew it didn't go off or wasn't going to go off, it's possible to perceive or create coincidence if you can peak a bit into the future.

@Franco

The way I recall it was being awake when I looked at the clock after waking up the second time because I was walking in the room. The clock rang at 6 am, I turn it off and go to sleep, waking up 6:30 something as I perceived the time.

The only way to explain it, I think, is that I just slept for some minutes after 6 am, though it felt like more, and then misread the clock for being 6:30 when I woke up. Yet, I was sure then I read it right, but like I said I am unsure now. I also went faster to work, walking almost running, so that would fit with this explanation.

But something like you said could have happened, that I dreamt waking up the first time imagining hearing the clock, imagining turning it off, and that I then woke up before 6 AM, with the alarm not yet going off, and went to work before misreading the clock, but if that is the case, I should have been at work even earlier I think.

I feel there is no way to get to the bottom of it. This thread could now serve for others sharing similar events if there isn't any other thread.

I just want to contribute my point of view on the matter.

It has happened to me several times. Some can be explained in a failure of attention or failure of perception, in others it is more difficult.

Several times when I was driving my car, the driving became almost automatic. Those who drive vehicles will usually understand. Well, after that moment of abstraction, I look at my watch on my wrist and then the car clock. There is a difference of one hour between one clock and another. After checking the time on the mobile phone, the clock that does not have the correct time is that of my wrist. It's an hour late.

This has happened to me several times.

But the one that surprised me the most is when I was waiting for the elevator at the entrance of my building. Looking at the digital marker that indicates on which floor the elevator is located, I notice that it marks the first floor. I turn my head, look back and when I look at the digital indicator again, it indicates that the elevator is on the fourth floor. Only a second or two had elapsed, between one observation and another.

I looked totally surprised.

Our perception can be deceived in a thousand ways and be something without importance or it can be something more "strange".

Anyway we continue
over here and "we will do what we will do".

We must not take away from it, but I believe that we must not give it more than it deserves.:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom