Time

Acaja

Padawan Learner
I won't sleep untill I've written this down :

The time question's been torturing me for quite some time now.I know i'm not the only one in that case so i'd appreciate if you tell me what you think about it. I just want to warn you that I'm m not making any affirmation here, but i feel i have to share my questionnings so anything useful can come out for everyone.

When I was a little less open minded, I used to follow the general opinion that is there IS something so-called time,and even accepted that we could LOOSE or GAIN time. "So we can control time? Fine by me." After a few thinkings , readings and meditating, I came to realize that I'd been tricked cause there was two main problems I had to resolve :

1- If time is like it's usually described, then there are known things such as past, present and future. So we live in the present and since we can remember part of our past, and project our thoughts into the future, these three patterns have their own reality. Let's face it, many people are torn between past thoughts and/or future worryings, that's a commun thing to be seen in many societies. Maybe it is so commun that people (including me at that time) think it actually is true.

But if you think and observe a little here you figure that we 3D folks cannot use time this way. First, because even if we can think of past and future, I assume we always experience these thoughts in the PRESENT. Think of your last birthday cake or your next weekend barbecue, you're still in the present. Past and future meet in the present. Made me laugh the first time I came to this conclusion. So that would also mean that there's no point being frightened by our past/future because they have no strict reality. I guess the trick lies in or filthy way of thinking,making our mind believe what we feel about past/futur events is totally valuable. And we experience the feeling in response, again in the present. But looks like present is all there is to have, all that's happening in the NOW.

2- Then a second problem occurs : if there is nothing but present, how come we have solid clues that events seem to be following a certain time arrow? I mean if i cut my finger while doing my homeworks late by night (don't ask me how!) I'm sure i'll find blood spill on my desk and a tiny scar on my finger next morning. So looks like time IS passing by somehow.
So i only have to deal with the present but yet i can find clues that time goes by.

The question is Why? I've read in a Brian Green book that this could be explained by the nature of the big bang wich started has a very low entropy system before it became the "beautiful arranged mess" we're living in.

Then the C's say " there is no time". Assuming this is right, does this mean we have to review a such strong conception as the big bang? I know scientists say there's evidence of it everywhere , but does this mean we misinterpret this event (in the sense what's, in our 3D way of thinking, making us miss something?)

Finally, I was also wondering about the relation between time and movement. Does time allows movement, or does movement creates time? Or are they inter-related? Even the same?
And If time and movement are inter-related, but we perceive time in an erroneus way...then what can be said about movement?

The first time I encountered the concept of time being an illusion was upon reading certain native beliefs that view white man's time an illusion because we view time in a linear fashion and have no capacity to understand it in the circular way they do.

One illustration, a simplification of this circular time concept, that interested me was to imagine being on a circle looking inward. From anywhere on the circle you can see any other place. How can one place be more ahead or behind another?

This took me a while to grasp, but once I did, it enabled me to attempt understanding even more complex concepts.

The reality of your problem is that you are unable to step outside of your time concept to consider another. The concept of past, present and future are so entrenched in your thinking, that you can't help but use it as the frame of reference to consider other possibilities, or so I think.

I believe you will have to unlearn time as you know it before you can try to grasp its illusion. But it is important to know that it is most likely impossible for us to consider the reality when we reside in a 3rd density environment. At least, that's my opinion.

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
The first time I encountered the concept of time being an illusion was upon reading certain native beliefs that view white man's time an illusion because we view time in a linear fashion and have no capacity to understand it in the circular way they do.

One illustration, a simplification of this circular time concept, that interested me was to imagine being on a circle looking inward. From anywhere on the circle you can see any other place. How can one place be more ahead or behind another?

This took me a while to grasp, but once I did, it enabled me to attempt understanding even more complex concepts.

The reality of your problem is that you are unable to step outside of your time concept to consider another. The concept of past, present and future are so entrenched in your thinking, that you can't help but use it as the frame of reference to consider other possibilities, or so I think.

I believe you will have to unlearn time as you know it before you can try to grasp its illusion. But it is important to know that it is most likely impossible for us to consider the reality when we reside in a 3rd density environment. At least, that's my opinion.

Gonzo

Well thank for sharing your opinion Gonzo. Your circular concept of time is interresting,I'll think about it. And I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear : I kind of see I'm inside my bogus time concept. In fact, I actually don't consider time as linear, as I've experienced many situations in which I felt time was not the way people say it is. The point is I want to know why is that the illusion of time works so easily? Why is that so easy for us to be trapped in this illusion?

Aragorn said:
Hi Acaja, little over a year ago I was pondering over similar issues in a thread called What time is it???. You may find that discussion interesting.

Doing a search I also found some interesting posts by Ark, you can find them here:

There is no time in any frame of reference
What is reality? Time.

I've read all the threads thanks Aragorn. It was indeed very interresting. I think I see better the reason, and the illusion, of my necessity to resolve my time issues.

Anyway... I'm still curious to hear what you guys have to say about the last part of my post, because I haven't found books treating about this relation yet.

Acaja said:
The point is I want to know why is that the illusion of time works so easily? Why is that so easy for us to be trapped in this illusion?

Not sure if this will help, but the C's once stated that:

950311 said:
Q: (L) At one point we were told that time was an illusion that came into being at the "time" of the "Fall" in Eden, and this was said in such a way that I inferred that there were other illusions put into place at that time...
A: Time is an illusion that works for you because of your altered DNA state.

Which indicates that it is 'so easy for us to be trapped in this illusion' because our DNA was altered (engineered by design?) to make it so.

anart said:
Acaja said:
The point is I want to know why is that the illusion of time works so easily? Why is that so easy for us to be trapped in this illusion?

Not sure if this will help, but the C's once stated that:

950311 said:
Q: (L) At one point we were told that time was an illusion that came into being at the "time" of the "Fall" in Eden, and this was said in such a way that I inferred that there were other illusions put into place at that time...
A: Time is an illusion that works for you because of your altered DNA state.

Which indicates that it is 'so easy for us to be trapped in this illusion' because our DNA was altered (engineered by design?) to make it so.

Okay.Thanks, everything helps. They also say that the knowing process modifies our DNA structure. So maybe if one grows knowledge enough one should be able to fully see this illusion, and then get rid of it. So in a way, instead of worrying about time issues, I have to learn my own lessons, for then time won't be a problem anymore ? Still a loooong way to go though

Acaja said:
Okay.Thanks, everything helps. They also say that the knowing process modifies our DNA structure. So maybe if one grows knowledge enough one should be able to fully see this illusion, and then get rid of it. So in a way, instead of worrying about time issues, I have to learn my own lessons, for then time won't be a problem anymore ? Still a loooong way to go though

I don't think time is much different from the numbers on our mailboxes. Arbitrarily assigned addresses so we can find them when we need them.

Back
Top Bottom