Tomb of Antony and Cleopatra discovered?

mkrnhr

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Apparently, famous (or infamous) Zahi Hawass declared that:
“The long-lost tomb of Antony and Cleopatra will be eventually uncovered. The burial site has been finally estimated to be in the region of Taposiris Magna, 30 kilometersaway from Alexandria,” Egyptian archaeologist ZahiHawass said in a statement during Palermo Conference.

“I hope to find the tomb of Antony and Cleopatra soon. I do believe that they are buried in the same tomb,” Hawass stated. “We are so close to discover the accurate location of the tomb; we are on the right way. We know where exactly we have to dig,” Hawass stated to the Italian News Agency.
from _Tomb of Antony and Cleopatra to be uncovered soon
Couldn't find the source from "Italian News Agency" and a few british tabloids didn't give any more information than this.

Taposiris Magna is believed to be a temple and burial complex for the Ptolemaic dynasty after excavations made by Dominican archaeologist/lawyer Kathleen Martinez.

Wait and see I guess...

Apparently, famous (or infamous) Zahi Hawass declared that:

from _Tomb of Antony and Cleopatra to be uncovered soon
Couldn't find the source from "Italian News Agency" and a few british tabloids didn't give any more information than this.

Taposiris Magna is believed to be a temple and burial complex for the Ptolemaic dynasty after excavations made by Dominican archaeologist/lawyer Kathleen Martinez.

Wait and see I guess...

According to Live Science, that story was a fake!

No, Archaeologists Have Not Found the Tomb of Antony and Cleopatra

Back
Top Bottom