Transcending 2D

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I thought this sub forum deserves the thread where we can post interesting stories about remarkable 2D denizens.
Today I have two for you, about Botswain and about Bobby. In fact a poem and a story...

Bobby

( taken from _http://www.gleanntan.com/skyesinhistory.htm)
In 1858, a man named John Gray was buried in old Greyfriars Churchyard. His grave leveled by the hand of time, and unmarked by any stone, became scarcely discernible; but, although no human interest seemed to attach to it.

The sacred spot was not wholly disregarded and forgotten. For fourteen years the dead man's faithful dog kept constant watch and guard over the grave until his own death in 1872. James Brown, the old curator of the burial ground, remembers Gray's funeral, and the dog, a Skye terrier called "Bobby", was, he says, one of the most conspicuous of the mourners. The grave was closed in as usual, and next morning "Bobby", was found, lying on the newly-made mound.

This was an innovation which old James could not permit, for there was an order at the gate stating in the most intelligible characters that dogs were not admitted. "Bobby" was accordingly driven out; but next morning he was there again, and for the second time was discharged. The third morning was cold
and wet, and when the old man saw the faithful animal, in spite of all chastisement, still lying shivering on the grave, he took pity on him, and gave him some food. This recognition of his devotion gave "Bobby" the right to make the churchyard his home; and from that time until his own death he never spent a night away from his master's tomb.

Often in bad weather attempts were made to keep him within doors, but by dismal howls he succeeded in making it known that this interference was not agreeable to him, and he was always allowed to have his way. At almost any time during the day he could be seen in or about the churchyard, and no matter how rough the night, nothing could induce him to forsake that hallowed spot, whose identity he so faithfully preserved.

That, however, concludes the story of the life of Greyfriars Bobby, a life which was later commemorated by the erection of the statue and fountain by Baroness Burdett Coutts. The figure which was unveiled, without any ceremony, on November 15, 1873.

Epitaph to a Dog

Epitaph to a Dog is a poem by the English poet Lord Byron. It was written in 1808 in honour of his Newfoundland dog, Boatswain, who had just died of rabies. When Boatswain contracted the disease, Byron reportedly nursed him without any fear of becoming bitten and infected. The poem is inscribed on Boatswain's tomb, which is larger than Byron's, at Newstead Abbey, Byron's estate.

The opening lines, long thought to have been written by Byron, were found to have been written by his friend John Hobhouse. Byron had originally planned to use just the last two lines as the inscription.

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferosity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
BOATSWAIN, a DOG,
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18, 1808.

When some proud Son of Man returns to Earth,
Unknown by Glory, but upheld by Birth,
The sculptor’s art exhausts the pomp of woe,
And storied urns record who rests below.
When all is done, upon the Tomb is seen,
Not what he was, but what he should have been.
But the poor Dog, in life the firmest friend,
The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
Whose honest heart is still his Master’s own,
Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,
Unhonoured falls, unnoticed all his worth,
Denied in heaven the Soul he held on earth –
While man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven,
And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.

Oh man! thou feeble tenant of an hour,
Debased by slavery, or corrupt by power –
Who knows thee well must quit thee with disgust,
Degraded mass of animated dust!
Thy love is lust, thy friendship all a cheat,
Thy tongue hypocrisy, thy words deceit!
By nature vile, ennoble but by name,
Each kindred brute might bid thee blush for shame.
Ye, who perchance behold this simple urn,
Pass on – it honors none you wish to mourn.
To mark a friend’s remains these stones arise;
I never knew but one – and here he lies​

Thank you for posting that Corto Maltese. Touching story. I also liked the opening lines to Byron'a epitaph. Quite fitting for some of our 2D companions. Ever since my studies here, when I think of some of my past 2D companions and present ones I hope I offer/offered a positive experience for them. They have certainly enriched my life.

Transcending 2D

A while ago when watching TV, I saw a show about a guy called, 'the dog whisperer'. Every pet that was totally out of control, had to deal with this guy and he knows business. Dogs wanting to kill there friendly neighborhood cat, just transformed in this sweet animals with hamsters and cats walking literately on them and over them. Without the dog even paying a little attention towards it.

This 'dog whisperer' guy, had some kind of saying. A dog who knows the rules, is a happy dog. With this he told, that animals without obeying the rules, not knowing there master, are also for them-selfs uncontrollable. With the dog knowing there master. They appear to have a lot more self-control. They seemed to be calm and relax.

If I can remember it correctly I once saw that in the Cassiopeia transcripts the C' said that animals, can transcend faster when they have a companionship with a human. (I tried but failed in finding this certain transcript)

Because we give our pets rules which they must obey. isn't that so that they become because of this more calm and relax. I mean there mind is clear, instead of chaotic. Maybe this makes thinking for them about like thinking about certain concepts more possible, because now there is some room for it.. and with that they gain more consciousness?

accelerating there lessons?

Hi Bjorn
this concept about the rules can only be applied to dogs and this is because the dogs are carnivorous pack animals with strict hierarchy upon which the fate of whole pack depends.
Not every dog is capable of being a leader but nevertheless almost every dog will be urged by natural instincts to became such leader if his human companion proves incompetent for this role. Needles to say in a dog which is not fit for the role of leader this unnatural situation will create tremendous psychological pressure which can result in all types of anxieties and unwanted behaviors.

Well that certainly does make sense. I though that maybe when trying to notice some difference between behavior with animals who have an companionship with a human, and those we do not. We can make an assumption what they have to learn to transcend 2D. Since they accelerate there lessons when they have this bond, At least I believed the C’s said they do.

Since they accelerate there lessons when they have this bond, At least I believed the C’s said they do.

Hi Bjorn,

They certainly said something like that though more concretely in reference to the positive by-products of the Short Wave Cycle of existence (our present state involving duality and physical existence) as opposed to the completely ethereal Long Wave Cycle. You can read the full details on http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/ascend.htm but the part that touches on what you're saying is:

A: Positive by-product is an increase in relative energy which speeds up the learning process of the soul and all of it's one dimensional and two dimensional interactive partners. In other words, flora and fauna, minerals, etc. All experience growth and movement towards reunion at a faster rate on the cycle through this short wave cycle physical/ethereal transfer. Of a negative nature, it also produces many negative experiences for these very same entities which otherwise would not exist because being of a first level and second level nature, flora and fauna would ordinarily experience a long term or long wave cycle on the physical plane as opposed to a short wave cycle physical and ethereal, as they do now because of their interaction with the human species in its short wave ethereal/physical cycle.

So it appears that without the interaction with incarnated humans the evolution of our 2D friends towards higher realities would be slower. But I for one am willing to concede, as Annette1 said on this same thread, that this certainly goes both ways and in my case they tend to enrich my life almost as much as I seem to enrich theirs.

Rod

Since I found this material I always tell my cat, "listen Conan, I am you in the future so if you want to make it to 3D get your paws off my lunch and wait for your turn, control yaself, I have never let you without food, now have I?" "He rolls his eyes and patiently replies, food for thougt maybe, but you HAVE left me without food and my instincts are telling me that that it's better your lunch in my mouth than my lunch in your fridge" He learns his lesson, his way...

:P

R

Back
Top Bottom