Travelling The World To Find The Perfect Cup Of Tea | The Tea Explorer

Jacques

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
For tea lovers, here's a film made by Jeff Fuchs almost 10 years ago and which was only available in Canada.

It is now available on youtube. From the FB page of Jeff Fuchs, we can read:

Our film ‘The Tea Explorer’ is up on YouTube. Almost ten years ago filmmaker Andrew E.M. Gregg sound magician Michael Josselyn, 90th Parallel, and I, made a little documentary, ’The Tea Explorer’ for CBC Docs. Many over the years have asked if it would be available for a more general viewing. Finally, the piece which (still) airs on CBC Docs in Canada is up on Youtube...albeit with heaps of ads.
Three of us spent a month retracing portions of the Tea and Horse Caravan routes, documenting what we could of what was still humming of the days of trade (and tea). Much of the journey was a realization that the memory banks of the days of trade were largely all that was left - memories and stray, windblown pathways.
Our endeavour was entirely fuelled by - and about - tea. It was too, a project that became increasingly about the people who interacted (and interact still) with the eternal fuel and those epic routes through the sky. It was an honour in many ways, and in particular to travel with such a small team that was embedded in the spirit of telling a tale that was so place-based. It also allowed an introduction to a new idol in my life, Kunga, who plays such beautiful roll in the piece.
Fortunate we were to travel through spaces and times where the issue of permits of Tibet was ‘relatively’ more straightforward. Thank you Tsewang Bista.
Link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9d83lqOtE&t=570s

Canadian explorer Jeff is a true tea aficionado, so he wonders, what exactly does it take to make the perfect cup of tea? Follow him on a grand adventure through history as he travels from the tea forests of south-west China over the Himalayas and down through the magnificent Kali Gandaki Gorge into Kathmandu, where the old tea traders once carried their leaves to market on the backs of mules.

For tea lovers, here's a film made by Jeff Fuchs almost 10 years ago and which was only available in Canada.
Thank you so much Jacques, a marvellous video, well presented by a quietly spoken presenter with a love of his subject. The music was so well chosen and of course the magnificence of the geography stunning.

I have a strange emotion towards that part of the globe and if my legs and lungs were 50 yrs younger I wouldn't think twice of going there. Yes they call it the "Eternal Road"but this young man has given it justice. As one of the elders said "A good story needs to be told". I think he did a very good job.
Thanks again.

And if you want to know more about the movie and Jeff, here's an excellent article;

Video is unavailable in my country, Canada Lol. My guess is CBC uploaded it and made it unavailable on youtube to the taxpayers.
Oh well, maybe time to get a VPN. Looks like an interesting watch.

Back
Top Bottom