Tribute to Planet Earth 🌎 ♥️

Cumbre Vieja Volcano, LaPalma, Spain
Then 2021 and now 2022

I thought this is literally a tribute to planet earth and nature, worthy to be in this thread instead of the volcano thread. Just look how the trees, despite the heavy ash covered landscape, managed to return back to life... i find that to be incredible. That these trees even made it !

(And it was skillful of the to me unknown photographer, who took two images over a half year apart, framing them exactly, so that the differences would become this visible)

302132814_1231222014321573_7410583447234989907_n.jpg

303936115_1231183814325393_2910228148282379837_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/Loovenelle
PERSONNEL
@Loovenelle
Le jabuticaba d’Amérique du Sud. Le fruit pousse directement sur le tronc et les branches et a un goût de yaourt aux myrtilles. L’arbre est connu pour ses fruits noirs violacés en pâte blanche. Ils peuvent être consommés crus ou être utilisés pour faire des gelées,
The jabuticaba from South America. The fruit grows directly on the trunk and branches and tastes like blueberry yogurt. The tree is known for its black purplish fruits in white paste. They can be eaten raw or used to make jelly,
1663227491132.png

Cumbre Vieja Volcano, LaPalma, Spain
Then 2021 and now 2022

I thought this is literally a tribute to planet earth and nature, worthy to be in this thread instead of the volcano thread. Just look how the trees, despite the heavy ash covered landscape, managed to return back to life... i find that to be incredible. That these trees even made it !

(And it was skillful of the to me unknown photographer, who took two images over a half year apart, framing them exactly, so that the differences would become this visible)

View attachment 63719

View attachment 63720
Pinus canariensis, the Canary Island pine[1] or Canary Island pine is a conifer endemic to the Canary Islands (Spain). The Canarian pine is considered, according to a law of the Government of the Canary Islands, the natural symbol of the island of La Palma, together with the rook.[2]

Another very important characteristic is its resistance to fire, thanks in part to the thick bark that covers its trunks and insulates them from the heat. It also has the ability to sprout from the trunk and thick branches, as well as from the stump, emitting stems with glaucous leaves. It is considered that it is really the presence of transverse parenchyma (a food tissue with a radial arrangement that favors the regeneration of the cells of the growth meristems, even after being affected by fire) that gives this species its great capacity for regeneration. (This is a common tissue in hardwoods, but very scarce in conifers).

When I lived on the island of Gran Canaria I saw several huge fires and after just six months the pines recovered their splendor after being completely burned.

It is amazing and a wonderful design.

Back
Top Bottom