Truth and beauty

A

Archaea

According to Google the definitions of truth are:

the quality or state of being true.
"he had to accept the truth of her accusation"

that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
noun: the truth
"tell me the truth"

a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
plural noun: truths
"the emergence of scientific truths"

Here are some quotes I ripped off of various threads, sitting said he was interested in these quotes:

"information arranged by a truth, becomes consciousness,"

"energy of information configurations of infinite permutations."

Here's a good snippet from the information (theory) thread

Q: (L) Next question on the list: How do consciousness, information, and matter relate to each other?

A: Different concentrations of truth.

Q: (L) So I'm assuming you mean that matter would be one concentration, and consciousness would be another, and information like maybe pure information would be the purest form?

A: Not necessarily, information arranged by a truth becomes consciousness. That is why truth and objectivity are so important. Without it, consciousness and individuality fractures and disintegrates.

In the information theory thread Shijing makes a short summary of some of the C's remarks regarding truth.

(1) (A) truth arranges information into consciousness
(2) Information is stored in consciousness
(3) Information directs the aggregation of matter

Also somewhere in high strangeness there's a snippet where the C's say something along the lines that they're not used to saying something is false, but they do say something is false when it doesn't connect with reality or something. I tried finding the session and snippet but I had no luck. But I think it's a good place to start. :)

Two statements can both be true on their own, for example the statements:

A is B
A is not B

Could both be true on their own depending on what A and B are, but when they are put together:

A is B and A is not B

The statement must be false. This is because the two statements are mutually contradictory.

If we have a series of statements, which all relate to each and when put together form a true statement, then each statement must be part of a higher structure or set, and they should (hopefully) be self-similar, at least to some extent. For example if we have the statements:

A is B
B is C

And they are both true when put together then we automatically get the statement:

C is A

So the two parts above are part of a bigger picture.

OK, so this is the tricky part, I think perhaps completely objective statements can't be given full justice in English (or any language.) I think they can only exist in terms of raw awareness. Here's a quote from RflctnOfU form the tread: Legominism and 'lawful inexactitudes' in Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson

Mentation by form has everything to do with "inner content". Have a read of the quoted excerpt again, and if you have a copy of BT's, continue for a few paragraphs after the selected excerpt ends. There is an excerpt in the last chapter, From the Author, pp. 1214-1216, that has a bearing on this topic. You may have read it elsewhere - how different men on hearing the word "world" will understand it in completely different ways...the "inner content" is completely different for each man who hears this word.

Kris

Because the two understandings of the word "world" are different doesn't mean one of them has to be wrong, but it doesn't mean they both are right either. I think if both understandings are derived from experience with the world then they would both be correct understandings, however, if the understandings were dictated by someone else, then I think they could possibly be incorrect understandings.

I think this makes the above quotes a little clearer. The information coming from objective reality is by definition true so any experience which consists of raw awareness contains 100% truth. The C's statement (I'm paraphrasing):

"consciousness, information, and matter contain different concentrations of truth"

Would seem to imply that conciousness, information and matter contain different amounts of objective reality... and that's a bit of a tautology :P I think maybe conciousness contains 100% truth, so long as it's raw. Information can contain any amount of truth. And maybe matter contains some truth, but not all the truth, i.e. there are some things we can't see.

And now I've confused myself.

Back
Top Bottom