Two Dreams in which "falling" is an aspect

Cyre2067

The Living Force
So brief note before I begin, spent the weekend in STS-land so that may had something to do with the below.

In the first dream I think I'm a girl, though I'm not terribly certain. I'm in a house, on a cliff that's built kinda awkwardly. In parts it's falling apart, but overall the structure seems stable enough. It's cold outside, and the cold is penetrating the house. There's snow on the ground, I'm alone. I feel kinda awkward, like I don't belong here, (or it's not my house) so I start wandering looking for the owners.

The next thing I know is that I find a mom-type figure, she recognizes me, and gives me the sense of being a friend's mother. This next bit's confusing, I'm watching someone (on the roof, or outside somewhere) and their on a sort of raised platform. It's also a small girl, thou I'm not sure if its the one I was a minute ago or if its a different one, or if it matters. She's in a trance or something, and falls - though i don't see her hit the ground.

The next thing I see is an odd shaped bird-creature moving above the trees approaching. I get the distinct sense of malevolent intelligence and step back. The next thing I know is that I'm beneath the house, hopping down the cliff-side, barefoot, with the help of what feels like an older brother.

Throughout this whole sequence I feel confused and lost and that "feeling" has kinda stuck with me throughout the morning. Though I suppose it's how I've felt a lot lately, a condition I created through my arrogance and ignorance associated with the Work. Reconcilling this is difficult, and took longer then initially projected, however I still retain confidence and a sense that time hasn't run out yet.

The next dream is more sequential, plot-driven. It seems I'm watching an exchange between two members of a "House". They're an old family that has some sort of power or influence and in this scene there's a male and female figure. The female has been scorned by the Authority of the house, and has somehow arranged a trap for the male. At this point im watchin from his perspective. I'm in a chamber of sorts in what looks to be a large castle. And I'm hanging onto a flat, mattress-like platform which has become unstable. I'm trying to hold on, climb up and get to the next bit when i see her. She's standing on a balcony, not too far away, which I'm trying to get to. I ask her for help and get a reply which I don't recall the words of, but the meaning was clear -
"I won't help you, I wanted it this way." So then i loose my grip and fall, exitting the guy's body and seeing the bit from the outside. Again, I don't see him hit the ground, but it's clearly implied that he plunged to his death.

The female Authority figure then appears, shoots a chain at the falling man and what i can only describe as a "video game" begins where I'm to use analog toggles to "swing" the man to one of the platforms on the side. I manage to achieve this, thou later it's implied that he died anyway. This Queenly type then chews out the younger female for setting up the man and tells her she must make some sort of atonement.

Next scene, I'm a young man, definitely not myself, and I'm with a group of peers. We're in a tent of sorts, for a meeting I think, with another house. When these people show up I get the sense that their young as well. There's tension in the air when they walk in, and the first thing out of their second's mouth is a derogatory joke about the guy that got killed. I feel a flash of anger surge up my body and into my eyes, and I knew I could have let it out and used it to strike him, but I didn't. I told him to mind his tongue and that we weren't here to start more quarrels. He said something about how our side (the "Neo-Chang's he called us, thou I don't think we were Asian) owed them and that he could best me in a fight anyway, referencing his ability to "fly" which is supposedly a rare ability. I then have a sort of memory within the dream of floating when i was an infant, and how I was told of this later by those who raised me; giving me a sort of equal footing, and a sense of maturity knowing that these abilities are not something one brags about.

That's it. I think I have a feeling for the meaning of the first dream, but the second confuses me more and makes me tend to think of it a fantasy as opposed to a meaningful dream. As always, thoughts appreciated.

Just sharing my thoughts.

Cyre2067 said:
So brief note before I begin, spent the weekend in STS-land so that may had something to do with the below.

In the first dream I think I'm a girl, though I'm not terribly certain. I'm in a house, on a cliff that's built kinda awkwardly. In parts it's falling apart, but overall the structure seems stable enough. It's cold outside, and the cold is penetrating the house. There's snow on the ground, I'm alone. I feel kinda awkward, like I don't belong here, (or it's not my house) so I start wandering looking for the owners.

The next thing I know is that I find a mom-type figure, she recognizes me, and gives me the sense of being a friend's mother. This next bit's confusing, I'm watching someone (on the roof, or outside somewhere) and their on a sort of raised platform. It's also a small girl, thou I'm not sure if its the one I was a minute ago or if its a different one, or if it matters. She's in a trance or something, and falls - though i don't see her hit the ground.

The next thing I see is an odd shaped bird-creature moving above the trees approaching. I get the distinct sense of malevolent intelligence and step back. The next thing I know is that I'm beneath the house, hopping down the cliff-side, barefoot, with the help of what feels like an older brother.
Thinking you were a girl, a mom-type figure that recognizes you and a feeling of having an older brother that helped you. The first thought that came into my head, was that this might be a bit of something of one of your past lives?
Everytime I asked my mom what falling in a dream means, she said something about 'failing' or something bad. Opposite of flying. Which is something good. Don't know, just saying.

Cyre2067 said:
Throughout this whole sequence I feel confused and lost and that "feeling" has kinda stuck with me throughout the morning. Though I suppose it's how I've felt a lot lately, a condition I created through my arrogance and ignorance associated with the Work. Reconcilling this is difficult, and took longer then initially projected, however I still retain confidence and a sense that time hasn't run out yet.
I think many times dreams are somehow sometimes connected to the way we feel. And shows this in symbolic dreams. But I don't really understand why you saw people you normally don't know or haven't seen yet. Maybe they symbolize your struggle?

Cyre2067 said:
The next dream is more sequential, plot-driven. It seems I'm watching an exchange between two members of a "House". They're an old family that has some sort of power or influence and in this scene there's a male and female figure. The female has been scorned by the Authority of the house, and has somehow arranged a trap for the male. At this point im watchin from his perspective. I'm in a chamber of sorts in what looks to be a large castle. And I'm hanging onto a flat, mattress-like platform which has become unstable. I'm trying to hold on, climb up and get to the next bit when i see her. She's standing on a balcony, not too far away, which I'm trying to get to. I ask her for help and get a reply which I don't recall the words of, but the meaning was clear -
"I won't help you, I wanted it this way." So then i loose my grip and fall, exitting the guy's body and seeing the bit from the outside. Again, I don't see him hit the ground, but it's clearly implied that he plunged to his death.
Another dream of falling, feeling of failure or being trapped. Yet not determined, because you didn't see both the man and the girl really fall.

Cyre2067 said:
The female Authority figure then appears, shoots a chain at the falling man and what i can only describe as a "video game" begins where I'm to use analog toggles to "swing" the man to one of the platforms on the side. I manage to achieve this, thou later it's implied that he died anyway. This Queenly type then chews out the younger female for setting up the man and tells her she must make some sort of atonement.
I guess this would be more the fantasy part. Sometimes when I dream, some really weird things get involved that have nothing to do with the whole dream. It's like a big soup of thoughts and feelings altogether, looking all real.

Cyre2067 said:
Next scene, I'm a young man, definitely not myself, and I'm with a group of peers. We're in a tent of sorts, for a meeting I think, with another house. When these people show up I get the sense that their young as well. There's tension in the air when they walk in, and the first thing out of their second's mouth is a derogatory joke about the guy that got killed. I feel a flash of anger surge up my body and into my eyes, and I knew I could have let it out and used it to strike him, but I didn't. I told him to mind his tongue and that we weren't here to start more quarrels. He said something about how our side (the "Neo-Chang's he called us, thou I don't think we were Asian) owed them and that he could best me in a fight anyway, referencing his ability to "fly" which is supposedly a rare ability. I then have a sort of memory within the dream of floating when i was an infant, and how I was told of this later by those who raised me; giving me a sort of equal footing, and a sense of maturity knowing that these abilities are not something one brags about.
Maybe those other people who were joking about the guy that were killed, also suppose to be you? Like some kind of mirror.

Back
Top Bottom