Two questions regarding adding quotes and hyperlinks.

Ant22

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hello :)
I’ve been posting on the forum for around two weeks now. Most functionalities have been pretty intuitive and easy to work out with a bit of attention to detail. But there are a couple of questions I still have and I was wondering if someone could help me? I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I’m using iOS not Windows.

1. How do I add a hyperlink to a piece of text? The usual 'right click and add a hyperlink’ way isn't working for me. There is an “insert hyperlink” icon provided but I'm not sure how to use it. I’d happily try and work it out by myself by ‘trial and error’, it would actually be quite fun. But since I can’t remove or edit my posts at my current stage of, well, let’s call it forum integration, I’d create quite a few useless and silly looking posts in the process.

2. Is there an automatic way of inserting a quote from one thread into another? I guess opening who tabs with both threads and then copying the quotes with their sources would do the job? Or is there an easier way?

I realise that these are quite basic functionalities but I’d be grateful if someone with a wee bit more knowledge could help out :)

Ant22 said:
Hello :)
I’ve been posting on the forum for around two weeks now. Most functionalities have been pretty intuitive and easy to work out with a bit of attention to detail. But there are a couple of questions I still have and I was wondering if someone could help me? I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I’m using iOS not Windows.

1. How do I add a hyperlink to a piece of text? The usual 'right click and add a hyperlink’ way isn't working for me. There is an “insert hyperlink” icon provided but I'm not sure how to use it. I’d happily try and work it out by myself by ‘trial and error’, it would actually be quite fun. But since I can’t remove or edit my posts at my current stage of, well, let’s call it forum integration, I’d create quite a few useless and silly looking posts in the process.
Hi Ant22,

This is the code for hyperlinks:

Code:
[url=<<your URL goes here>>]<<the hyperlink title here>>[/url]

This is an example in use, making a link to sott.net with the title "Link":

Code:
[url=http://www.sott.net]Link[/url]

Which will look like this in a post:

Link

Ant22 said:
2. Is there an automatic way of inserting a quote from one thread into another? I guess opening who tabs with both threads and then copying the quotes with their sources would do the job? Or is there an easier way?
Unfortunately there is no automated way to quote from other threads, AFAIK. Within threads, the insert quote functionality can be used when you are composing your reply.

Back
Top Bottom