US Congress to take away the right to know what's on your food.

R

Realmhiker

This message was sent to me by a friend. Not that the average American can have any influence on this. I post both he article and the URL. I am only sending this so that you know what's going on. I am not urging anyone to do anything as the text suggests. You decide.

**Congress Poised to Pass Bill Taking Away Your Right to Know What's in Your Food**

**Tell your Congressman or Congresswoman to vote "No" on House of Representatives Bill H.R. 4167, the "National Uniformity for Food Act," coming to a vote in Washington, D.C this Thursday, March 2**

The House of Representatives will vote this week on a controversial "national food uniformity" labeling law that will take away local government and states' power to require food safety food labels such as those required in California and other states on foods or beverages that are likely to cause cancer, birth defects, allergic reactions, or mercury poisoning. This bill would also prevent citizens in local municipalities and states from passing laws requiring that genetically engineered foods and ingredients such as Monsanto's recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) be labeled.

The House will vote March 2, 2006 on a bill that would gut state food safety and labeling laws. H.R. 4167, the "National Uniformity for Food Act," lowers the bar on food safety by overturning state food safety laws that are not "identical" to federal law. Hundreds of state laws and regulations are at risk, including those governing the safety of milk, fish, and shellfish. The bill is being pushed by large supermarket chains and food manufacturers, spearheaded by the powerful Grocery Manufacturers of America.

Big food corporations and the biotech industry understand that consumers are more and more concerned about food safety, genetic engineering, and chemical-intensive agriculture, and are reading labels more closely. They understand that pesticide and mercury residues and hazardous technologies such as genetic engineering and food irradiation will be rejected if there are truthful labels required on food products. Industry-sponsored H.R. 4167 is gaining momentum and must be stopped! Act now! Preserve local and regional democracy and protect yourself and your family from unsafe food by sending an email or calling your Representative and urging them to vote "No" on H.R. 4167.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/rd/labeling.cfm

I don't think this would make much of a difference...
People who are health contious won't eat food that don't say whats in them they would stick to fresh veg ect...
People who don't really care won't care what there eating...
But people inbetween will be majourly affected!

But isn't it human rights to know what your eating...
What about diabetics and people who can't eat sertain types of weat ect...

Anyway this is in the wrong catogory it should be under 'food and health' This is 9/11 general disscuttion! Right?

Just my view! :)

~ Danny

Maybe it is in the wrong cathegory and yet maybe it is not. It is a conspiracy from the US government and the food industry to make people eact genetically ingeniered foods. So, it doesn't matter if you are vegetarian, would you eat a lettuce that might have rat DNA, or something like that? Or synthetic parts? Or alien parts? I dunno... I mean, you stop knowing what's in your food and what's in it for all i care they could be putting microchips you can actually eat... outlandish? well, computers of the size of a creditcard were an outlandish thought even 10 years ago. Now every cell phone is for terms and purposes a computer. When you think about how the the whole 9/11 scheme is a plot t control all world resources, you tie it in with bird flue, and who is doing it, all becomes one and the same issue.

thanks for comenting though

GM foods don't reproduce so the goverment also have full controll over howmany of them grow! They have controll over food anyway!

The bible says that in the future there will be a cashless society and there will be a mark on everyones forhead or right hand! Some people have linked these and said this would be a microchip...

If you have this 'mark' to do with something about the digits '666' (Yes thats where it comes from!) You won't be accseppted into heaven...

Looking at this now it does seem lodgical! (Yes I am a christion but thats not the point!)

The goverment might introduce something like this in the future that they would have more controll over the world! :(

Off subject, I thought 666 was a Greek numerological value for the name of Nero Ceasar... but that is just what I thought...

Its the mark of the 'beast' Refered to as a dragon (the name of a dinosaur before the name 'dinosaur' was invented) in revelation The 'beast' the 'devil' and the 'False-Prophet' The devil's tryinity! When this happend it will probably just be the False prophet the rest is simbolisum[spelling?]!

But back to the topic!

Back
Top Bottom