USA tour 2006

D Rusak

Jedi Council Member
Hi all,

Just got back from my first leg of my summer travels. Besides playing a lot of music, I'm hoping to get a chance to see what my country and the people in it are really like. I've lived within 50 miles of the house I grew up in my entire life, which is on the East coast. I hang out with artist-types mostly so I don't think that I really have a good idea of who the "average American" really is.

I thought it pretty odd, first of all, that my trip started with a week in Acadia, next went to Boston where I stayed on St Germain st, and proceeded eventually to Wisconsin with a friend who was headed to Rhinelander. Coincidences?

Although I was heartened to see a lot of people discussing events and questioning the official story, there is clearly a long way to go, especially to get people active. I definitely encountered people, however, who had no idea what was going on and whose minds were as closed as a safe (including one breakfast joint that I'm not entirely sure whether or not it was actually a portal to the 1950's red scare- although they did make some killer pecan pancakes).

I didn't have room for many books as I was travelling light but I did fit a copy of The Fourth Way. On leg two (Vegas and co.) I am hoping to have a little more time to really analyze it (read it once in Februaryish and have been skimming again off and on since then).

Back
Top Bottom