Valhalla and the Rheingold

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
Hello All:

I was watching an anime last night called "Captain Harlock- Saga" This anime is a very interesting series that stretches quite long, and the "saga" was but one of his adventures. Anyway, long story short, in the series they spoke about Valhalla (the realm of the "Gods") and the Rheingold. Of course the story was coated with some fiction, but as a whole it had a lot of symbology and spoke about very interesting ideas. Which led me to do some re-search on the Rheingold and Valhalla. And so I came across this bit by Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheingold

The myth written in Wikipedia was very closely depicted by the animated series and was quite interesting to read after watching the cartoon. Then, I decided to do a word search on the C's sessions and this interesting bit came up. (mind you-the session is a bit out of context, but none-the less it does mention the Rheingold and Valhalla)

C's session # 981128 said:
Q: (L) Do buried minerals in the ground have something to do with window areas?
A: Ditto.
Q: (L) Are there large caches of gold buried at different places around the planet to enhance the 'window' effect?
A: Good possibility.
Q: (L) Is this the origin of the legend of the Rheingold and the bridge to Valhalla supposed to be located there?
A: No more clues for tonight.
Now, here the C's are talking about a 'window' affect which is from my current understanding the idea of alternate dimensions or parallel dimensions, etc...
But the main reason for my post is I am wondering if Laura or anyone has ever dug a little deeper regarding the whole myth of the Rheingold or Valhalla. And if anyone has done some research and would like to share their findings, I would be very interested in reading them, or pointing me to the 'right' direction would be appreciated.

Nina

Unfortunatelly all my knowledge of Valhalla and the Rheingold comes from Wagner's operas Das Rheingold... and of course as he understood it... lol What's interesting about though, it's the fact is the main theme of these two opposing forces, Greed to become master of the universe through the ring made with the Gold of the Rhein, and, Love, which needs to be renounced in order for the ring to have it's power. So, in essence, the gimmick is: whoever wants the ring to become Master of the Universe must renounce love in order to possess it. As a result, in the end it is the flame of the pyre in which Brunhilde and Sigfried (who were much in love) burn that eventually burns Valhalla and all the world around it...

happy times...

The connection between Valhalla and the Rheingold was invented by Wagner, I dont think you can dig up anything connecting the two, at least nothing older than Wagners opera.

Valhalla was the great hall where the dead warriors (Vikings) feasted after they had fallen in battle. Valhalla was located in the land of Asgard, which is the real of the gods. The islandic sagas give much info on the norse mythology and the people of the time.

If anyone can find anything older on the subject of Valhalla (possible linked to the Rheingold) I would love to know about it.

Back
Top Bottom