Van Dwelling.

Jimbo

Padawan Learner
I didn't really know where to put this, but I thought it would be quite appropriate here. I have been wondering whether or not to try out the van-dwelling lifestyle. I just came across this subject, so I realize there is much research and consideration to be done. But still, it seems quite neat. _http://www.cheaprvliving.com/howtolivelikeagypsy.html This is a good website that describes pretty much everything you need to know. The only thing Im not quite sure is would be how it would effect The Work. Didn't the C's say that The Work was meant to be done in the every-day world and not to become a hermit. But if you stay in city areas and hold down a job in each town until you decide to travel further, it would be a very interesting experience.

Interesting link Jimbo. Looks like more people are going to have to resort to cheaper living tactics with the economic pressure being put on us by da big bosses. I would bet that there will be a lot of need-inspired technology developed in the next few years.

There is a rising interest in Yurt living these days...

This blogger, (not me), lists some positives and negatives of Yurt living:

_http://spiderspring.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/yurt-living-negatives-and-positives/

I recently found a much better link here.It doesn't have the corny "it's complete freedom" twist like the other site. A much more sincere and realistic approach to the subject than the original link. Looks like quite the adventure. You would really be able to place your efforts in more STO pursuits (by getting out of the trap of a regular work day/week) without becoming a hermit.

I know this is an old topic, but here goes. Van living can be a great lifestyle if you are well aware of the occasional sacrifices that you will have to make. However, the advantages are many including low cost living, constant travel and adventure, plus the freedom to do what you want to do since your need for a big income is substantially reduced. Many people are becoming interested in the idea of van dwelling, especially with the economic downturn, foreclosures, and unemployment. I mean who really wants to owe $200,000 on a house when they may lose their job tomorrow?

Larry

Hi Easy Van Larry ,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Back
Top Bottom